The Displaced Timeline (Very Open RP)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Equiste

10-30-2012

But of course. Where would a battle be without the combatants?

Rald let out a bit of a 'hmm' as Lucas went to strike. He let himself drop down a bit to catch the sword on his arm and upper chest armor since they were stronger than the one on his stomach, trying to go with the impact to soften the blow. With a loud clash of metal he continued off to his own right, pushing off his front leg with a strong stride, attempting to gain distance again.

Grand Viper

10-30-2012

The most handsome beast

Rose reached over and grabbed his hilt.

In that case, we are similar. We can't help but be tools, yet have other aspirations... Have you considered talking to that flesh sculptorer? His left hand is his wife, and it is fully...um...aut-on-a-moose? It can move by itself and think for itself, despite being a fake hand. Maybe he has a suggestion? She's powered by a magical object and blood. Lots of blood. I can smell it.

Rose continued her walk, seeing that running with a sword in hand may be a bit dangerous,

It's maybe a start, but that way you wouldn't be subject to her every thought and could interact with her on a somewhat different scale. Huh, who knew that I think more than I speak? Anyways, by not being in her thoughts at all times, maybe you could see for yourself whether they're actual emotions. Granted I trust technology as far as I can throw it, but I felt you should know that and consider that as a possibility.

She let out a laugh,

Oh dear gods, we're really in the same boat. Not for Aydin, she's yours, I meant in regards as to how messed up the two of us are. Both tools questioning their purpose and their desires, both objects that should have no such thoughts for such luxuries. It was so much easier when everything was black and white. I would say I wish for those days, but then I would be spitting on Trevor's memory. No, I would not dare do that. It's just hard to...well, to deal with it.

Bright Oblivion

10-31-2012

At a Standstill?

Lucas allowed his sword to swing through, despite it being in a different place than he'd intended, and returned it to ready position as he followed Rald, unwilling to let off just yet. His opponent still seemed to be attempting to regain his footing, and so Lucas hoped to potentially force an opening by pressing forward.

Equiste

10-31-2012

Indeed, a lot of space and standing around...

Rald was trying to move away from Lucas hoping to gain distance, but Lucas was right on his trail as he turned himself to face Lucas as he kept sliding back. Holding his weapons defensively, he suddenly makes a move to slide back again, but doesn't. Instead he braces for Lucas comming forward, preparing to deflect an attack that might come before attempting to absorb any impact that might come his way and force Lucas back instead. Of course Lucas might stop himself and with an effort push himself back, or try to move around him. Or perhaps he hadn't been quite as good masking the movement as he thought.

Bright Oblivion

10-31-2012

There wouldn't be any standing around if there were no combatants. Everyone would just disperse.

Lucas continued to move forward, keeping near Rald and not allowing him to gain distance. When Rald moved to slide back again, Lucas started to step forward, then barely managed to stop himself as he realized that Rald hadn't actually moved. Sword held defensively, he attempted to bounce backward off of his front foot and move to the furthest distance he could be from Rald while still potentially harrying his opponent's blades.

Equiste

10-31-2012

Depends on how well the person sold the fact there was meant to be a combat there

There was that quick tense moment where both warriors looked towards each other, Rald relaxing a bit as Lucas slid back. He watched him for a small time, taking time to go over the events before extending his stance a little to step into outside his close distance again before launching a barrage of strikes at Lucas' sword and body, holding his short sword defensively and ready to pull his foot back to defend against counter attack in an attempt to cause an opening by possibly breaking his guard.

Silverling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

Suuureee

Ethelyn returned the hugs and stood up with Youay, smiling as she did.

"I think it will be an enjoyable discussion."

She returned the last hug and kiss, holding him for a moment or two before releasing him.

"You have a good day at work too, Youay... Ah! I just remembered something!"

She then took his hand and traced a few runes onto his palm with one finger, which glowed a gold color before fading.

"... That should let you get through the door so I won't have to let you in every time."

-----

And would be irresistible

Sparks suddenly jumped off of the blade and ran up along Rose's arm, shortly thereafter it would feel like some one punched the inside of her skull, cracking noises included.... However, she would be healed and there would be no scars. Aranoth looked up from his spot at Rose's suggestion before shaking his head.

Somehow I don't think that would make the situation any better... Really. In fact, it might make things worse... And its not like this is a recent discovery.... She's had my attention since long before she wielded me... And besides, the feelings aren't returned... I'm just a weapon, a tool... Nothing more. I do have the ability to take over one's body though. I actually had to use it recently due to an... Interesting turn of events. I had to use a friend of her's in order to make travel a bit quicker from point A to point B. I can easily say he's never going to let me to that again.

He lightly rested two fingers to his lips, looking off to one side as he did.

You see, I couldn't really help myself and took advantage of the situation... I kind of used him to kiss her....

He then rubbed the back of his head a bit before continuing,

.... We really are screwed up, aren't we...

He sighed again and fidgeted a bit in his spot before glancing around.

I... Need to keep myself busy... You wouldn't mind if I organized a few things up here, yes? I mean, your head's clear now, but that's because I kind of just pushed everything aside. Once you hand me back over to dear Aydin then things will just shift back to the way they were... I could easily move things around and make this a bit more permanent while we travel if you want.

Bright Oblivion

10-31-2012

They'd still disperse, purchase angry mob supplies, and find his house to get their money back.

Lucas deflected the first few attacks without problem, but quickly realized that his defense would, in all likelihood, be broken down if he did nothing. Deciding that this wasn't a preferable outcome, he swung at Rald's sword as it came in for another attack and hopefully gave him back some of what he was trying to send at Lucas. When Rald continued attacking, Lucas continued to counter by swinging back at the sword.

Equiste

10-31-2012

Only if they paid for it :P

Swords clashed as both blades clanged together, as they both swung their blades at each others blade. It indeed looked quite spectacular as both concentrated on each other, trying not to make the fated mistake where their timing is slightly off and potentially get hit in the process. After a small while Rald breaks off, deciding that perhaps this wasn't the best strategy at this stage. He smiles through his concentration as he moves to a long distance to rest for a while, expecting Lucas to do more of the same.

TheOneTrueWaifu

10-31-2012

But what if they end up paying more for the angry mob supplies then they would have gotten back after the refund?

Eve kept her eyes on the fight between Lucas and Rald, studying their every move. She watched as Rald backed off and nodded slowly to herself. She was starting to understand what was going on, it wasn't so much a fight of who can overpower or out maneuver the opponent, it was a battle of patience and who would make the first mistake...