The Displaced Timeline (Very Open RP)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bright Oblivion

05-11-2013

Sigmund sighed. "Matching your scent is far easier said than done, miss Lucina. They would need to know what you wear, in what amounts, what you do, and how similar it would need to be to fool me. Believe it or not, not everyone wears the same scent the same way."

He smirked. "I imagine Emily would make it her goal to push those thoughts as far back into your mind as possible if you were over here and might be going to sleep." He winced as she mentioned knives under her mother's skin. "I have not known many people who would go to such lengths to make sure they were not without a weapon, but I can't say I'm incredibly surprised."

He swore. "I betrayed them?! Of all the brainless...!" He paused and took a breath. "Last I checked, there was nothing I could betray. I don't care what my family might have done, I never swore any sort of loyalty to them, and never flaming intend to."

He sighed. "They tried to use Emily as leverage against me by pointing out that I'd be abandoning her if I died. They've never gotten as far as actually making a concerted effort to kill me, but probably don't believe they have to. A whisper in the wrong ear, and someone would probably do it for them. I have no idea what he did to save me, because I was nearly dead at the time. I don't know. Maybe when I started getting paranoid, blacked out, and nearly killed Emily? Or maybe, just maybe, it was when I realized I wasn't alone inside my head. Those tend to be good signs that something's wrong."

He smiled slightly. "I suppose I'll have to take your word for it."

Silverling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youay View Post
Youay gave her a gentle smile and hugged her gently.

"No I am not saying no magic at all dear. I am just saying we should watch how much you use at once."

He laughed slightly to himself.

"No magic at all would be pretty much torture for us anyway."
Ethelyn continued to look off to one side biting her lip nervously as she did. After several moments of thought, she managed to reply to Youay.

"ᵂ⁻ʷᵉᶫᶫ⋅⋅⋅⋅ ᴵ⋅⋅⋅ ᴵ ᵍᵘᵉˢˢ⋅⋅⋅⋅ ᴵᶠ ᶦᵗˢ ᶰᵉᶜᵉˢˢᵃʳʸ⋅⋅⋅ ᴵ'ᶫᶫ ᵗʳʸ ᵗᵒ ᶫᶦᵐᶦᵗ ᵐʸ ˢᵖᵉᶫᶫˢ⋅⋅⋅ ᴮᵘᵗ⋅⋅⋅"

She went silent again as she tried to work out several more things in her mind. How would she be able to work if she couldn't use much magic? She doubted her mother would give her THAT much time off... And even then, the Institute might start asking questions.

----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Viper View Post
Lily would crawl along Silver's arm and settle herself on the alien's shoulder. A soft click of metal signaled she was ready to go when Silver was.

When the alien peeked out from the door, she would see no Summoners were lounging about. They knew better than to-

*BANG*

Vince smacked the window again, froth splattering from his mouth onto the floor as he started to violently twitch, but not rise again.

"He's fine," the hand quickly reassured her mode of transportation.
Silver glanced back at Vince as he continued to slam himself against the window. She hummed as Lily reassured her that he was fine, then took a few steps down the hall.

"... Well then... Since we have a bit of time, shall we go someplace nice to chat a bit? If so, where would you like to go?"

Equiste

05-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Oblivion View Post
Sigmund sighed. "Matching your scent is far easier said than done, miss Lucina. They would need to know what you wear, in what amounts, what you do, and how similar it would need to be to fool me. Believe it or not, not everyone wears the same scent the same way."

He smirked. "I imagine Emily would make it her goal to push those thoughts as far back into your mind as possible if you were over here and might be going to sleep." He winced as she mentioned knives under her mother's skin. "I have not known many people who would go to such lengths to make sure they were not without a weapon, but I can't say I'm incredibly surprised."

He swore. "I betrayed them?! Of all the brainless...!" He paused and took a breath. "Last I checked, there was nothing I could betray. I don't care what my family might have done, I never swore any sort of loyalty to them, and never flaming intend to."

He sighed. "They tried to use Emily as leverage against me by pointing out that I'd be abandoning her if I died. They've never gotten as far as actually making a concerted effort to kill me, but probably don't believe they have to. A whisper in the wrong ear, and someone would probably do it for them. I have no idea what he did to save me, because I was nearly dead at the time. I don't know. Maybe when I started getting paranoid, blacked out, and nearly killed Emily? Or maybe, just maybe, it was when I realized I wasn't alone inside my head. Those tend to be good signs that something's wrong."

He smiled slightly. "I suppose I'll have to take your word for it."
Lucina chuckled. "That is very true. But unlike you I don't have those supernatural powers so its not exactly something I think about. Next time I'll try to remember to slip quietly in." She said. She couldn't help but laugh a bit at the comment about Emily.
"Mmm, that would take many hours of massage at certain points to make me relax that much." She said, grinning widely. She seemed to nod at Sigmunds comment about her mother.
"I didn't beleive her the first time she told me that. Then she drew one of them like this..." She said, flicking out her hand and making a knife appear in it. "Except unlike the knife in my sleeve she was wearing just a bra and pants. Pointed out the sleeve where it fitted in her skin and slid it back in there. Definately an experience." She said, shuddering a bit.

She couldn't help but rub his arm as he began to calm down, nodding at his comments.
"Mmm, I figured as much. Don't worry, I'm going to help figure this out. This is all helping me with what I need to do." She said, hoping it would help calm him.

She listened as he talked about what they did, but couldn't help but raise an eyebrow when he said he was nearly dead at the time. She widened her eyes in concern for him when he mentioned the next part, before nodding.
"I see. Alright then, thanks Sigmund. This is helping more than it might sound like it is." She said, looking thoughtful as she mentally went through what had been said.
"Hmm, speaking of Emily, where is she at the moment?" She asked curiously.

She smiled when he said he was going to take her word for it.
"Hey now, its coming along quite well. And I think I've narrowed down the ring designs and how and what stone we are going to set. So those things are comming along alright." She said, smiling towards him.

Bright Oblivion

05-12-2013

Sigmund raised an eyebrow. "Supernatural powers? You make it sound like they're something amazing rather than the side effects of a disease I'd rather not have."

His smirk widened. "I don't really need to know that, miss Lucina. In fact, I think I'd rather not."

He nodded. "It sounds like it would be. Not exactly a good one, though."

As she rubbed his arm, he nodded and let out a sigh. "The worst part is that I have no idea what my family might have done to make them think such a thing. But then, I don't really know my family, either, so it's not that surprising."

He frowned slightly as she raised an eyebrow. "I'm fairly certain that being trapped inside a corner of your head and nearly being shoved from there classifies as almost dying. Am I wrong?" He sighed. "I'm glad you're getting something from this, because I'm not."

When she asked where Emily was, he shrugged. "She's visiting miss Rose today. Checking on how she's settling in."

He nodded. "I suppose they are. So what's next?"

Equiste

05-14-2013

Lucina chuckled. "The supernatural can be amazingly bad as it is amazingly good. Regardless it is still considered a supernatural condition, disease or not." She couldn't help but chuckle when Sigmund said he'd rather not know and how it wouldn't of been a good experience.
"It certainly wasn't. Just never say she is completely without a weapon otherwise she'll gladly prove you wrong." She said, chuckling a bit.
"Mmm. I think I might have an idea why but I'd have to ask them directly to be sure." She said, calculating her next move. She couldn't help a slightly worried expression cross her face as she thought for a few brief moments about Tex's plight, before looking back at him again.

"Well you didn't mention that before moving onto your next point. And yes, it is all helping. I don't want to drag you through those memories but I believe they will help me next time I face them again." She said solemnly.

She clasped a hand to her mouth when he mentioned miss Rose.
"Oh right! I forgot I said to Nina I'd visit every once in a while. I'll have to do so again next time I am there. And it will be interesting to see how Rose is going. Vince and Lily are certainly... Something." She said, giving a strange look before chuckling.

"Hmm, in relation to the ring and dancing or the gremlin stuff?" She asked, unknowingly lowering her voice when asking that question.

Grand Viper

05-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverling View Post
Silver glanced back at Vince as he continued to slam himself against the window. She hummed as Lily reassured her that he was fine, then took a few steps down the hall.

"... Well then... Since we have a bit of time, shall we go someplace nice to chat a bit? If so, where would you like to go?"
"Let's go to the forests, shall we? Meet up with Sam there, I'm sure you remember his scent, and then we can relax and reflect on today," the hand chimed. "Vince will meet us there...eventually. Maybe. Possibly. I was told that snacks would be available."

Silverling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Viper View Post
"Let's go to the forests, shall we? Meet up with Sam there, I'm sure you remember his scent, and then we can relax and reflect on today," the hand chimed. "Vince will meet us there...eventually. Maybe. Possibly. I was told that snacks would be available."
Silver nodded and started walking down the hallway, sniffing the air a bit as she went to the nearest exit to the outside. A slight smile appeared on her face as Lily finished her comments.

"Oooo~ Snacks! You know how much I enjoy food~! Though I will be sure to save some for Vince... If he comes that is."

She would exit the Institute and calmly walk to the location where Sam should be. She kept herself alert, however, to make sure no one was following them, but to any onlookers, she would simply be going on a nice, casual stroll.

Youay

05-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverling View Post
Ethelyn continued to look off to one side biting her lip nervously as she did. After several moments of thought, she managed to reply to Youay.

"ᵂ⁻ʷᵉᶫᶫ⋅⋅⋅⋅ ᴵ⋅⋅⋅ ᴵ ᵍᵘᵉˢˢ⋅⋅⋅⋅ ᴵᶠ ᶦᵗˢ ᶰᵉᶜᵉˢˢᵃʳʸ⋅⋅⋅ ᴵ'ᶫᶫ ᵗʳʸ ᵗᵒ ᶫᶦᵐᶦᵗ ᵐʸ ˢᵖᵉᶫᶫˢ⋅⋅⋅ ᴮᵘᵗ⋅⋅⋅"

She went silent again as she tried to work out several more things in her mind. How would she be able to work if she couldn't use much magic? She doubted her mother would give her THAT much time off... And even then, the Institute might start asking questions.
Youay frowned a bit as he noticed the hesitation in her voice. He scratched his head a moment and sighed slightly.

"Sorry, I am just trying to think of how to keep you two safe, not to control your daily life. I still blame myself for the death of my first wife, and I think I am be getting a tad over protective."

He looked around and nodded a moment later.

"How about we get a bite, I am starving. Sir Waiter, can you please fetch us a meal and maybe something to drink as well if you would please?"

He looked at Ethelyn and placed a hand in hers and smiled gently.

"You know, if I ever get too overbearing, feel free to knock some sense into me."

Bright Oblivion

05-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equiste View Post
Lucina chuckled. "The supernatural can be amazingly bad as it is amazingly good. Regardless it is still considered a supernatural condition, disease or not." She couldn't help but chuckle when Sigmund said he'd rather not know and how it wouldn't of been a good experience.
"It certainly wasn't. Just never say she is completely without a weapon otherwise she'll gladly prove you wrong." She said, chuckling a bit.
"Mmm. I think I might have an idea why but I'd have to ask them directly to be sure." She said, calculating her next move. She couldn't help a slightly worried expression cross her face as she thought for a few brief moments about Tex's plight, before looking back at him again.

"Well you didn't mention that before moving onto your next point. And yes, it is all helping. I don't want to drag you through those memories but I believe they will help me next time I face them again." She said solemnly.

She clasped a hand to her mouth when he mentioned miss Rose.
"Oh right! I forgot I said to Nina I'd visit every once in a while. I'll have to do so again next time I am there. And it will be interesting to see how Rose is going. Vince and Lily are certainly... Something." She said, giving a strange look before chuckling.

"Hmm, in relation to the ring and dancing or the gremlin stuff?" She asked, unknowingly lowering her voice when asking that question.
Sigmund shrugged. "I suppose that's true."

He nodded, his expression somewhere between a smile and a grimace. "I'll keep that in mind. However, it seems as though there would be easier methods of making sure that you always have a weapon on hand then hiding one under your flesh."

As her expression became slightly worried, it was Sigmund's turn to place a reassuring hand on her arm. "She'll be fine," he said in a voice that did little even to convince himself. "Even if she isn't, there's not much that worrying about her will do about it. From what little I know of her, it doesn't seem like she'd want you to worry about her even if it did help."

He shrugged. "It's not exactly the type of thing one wants to go into detail about, or dwell on. Better to focus on having lived than just how close you came to death, isn't it?"

He chuckled as she said Vince and Lily were something. "They are, that. I'd have to say that I'm still glad that they're friends, no matter how insane things generally get around them. Believe it or not, things were worse when I first met them. Much worse."

Sigmund raised an eyebrow as she unconsciously lowered her voice. "Why are you whispering, miss Lucina. It's not like there's anyone around to hear you. In answer to your question, though, a bit of both, really."

Equiste

05-15-2013

Lucina couldn't help but chuckle.
"Thats my mother for you. Though she still is quite capable without a weapon."

Lucina let out a small smile at his comforting gesture.
"Well you're right about that second part. She said basically the same. I'll try not to be... but... Well, it is me." She said with a bit of a chuckle.

She nodded. "Yes, that is quite true." She didn't really have much else to say about it. Probably for the best rather than to ask more about it.

"Worse in what way?" She asked with a curious expression.

She blinked when he asked why she had lowered her voice.
"Did I whisper? Sorry about that. Umm... I guess its the... well my mother might of gotten me to do that. You see she tended to talk a bit about how anyone could be around at any time to hear you, and well... Yeah, lets not look too much into that huh?" She said, rubbing the back of her head somewhat sheepishly.
"Well the gremlin thing I'll be playing by ear tomorrow, returning to the room and hoping she is there. With the rings we just need to finalise all the materials we want to use. And with the dancing well we just need a bit more song variety huh?" She said, smiling happily.