Summoner Levels

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mokkun

08-22-2012

The thing is, summoner levels are basically irrelevant.

Verbal abuse/Offensive language: Doesn't matter game type or level, a jerk is a jerk.

AFK: This is kind of binary, you did or you didn't

Intentional Feeding: "Intentional" is the point here. You aren't being asked to punish someone for dying a lot, or having a bad build. You are being asked to punish people who intentionally die a lot. Assisting enemy team falls into basically the same category. Sucking is not punishable.

Summoner level basically doesn't apply.

Finally, you can usually tell what is a very low level game by summoner spells. No flash or ignites? Probably a low level game. Strict adherence to the recommended item list is another sign of low level play.

PurpleFanta

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokkun View Post
The thing is, summoner levels are basically irrelevant.

Verbal abuse/Offensive language: Doesn't matter game type or level, a jerk is a jerk.

AFK: This is kind of binary, you did or you didn't

Intentional Feeding: "Intentional" is the point here. You aren't being asked to punish someone for dying a lot, or having a bad build. You are being asked to punish people who intentionally die a lot. Assisting enemy team falls into basically the same category. Sucking is not punishable.

Summoner level basically doesn't apply.

Finally, you can usually tell what is a very low level game by summoner spells. No flash or ignites? Probably a low level game. Strict adherence to the recommended item list is another sign of low level play.

You missed the idea ENTIRELY. The idea is so you can tell if they were reported for Intentionally feeding by smurfs at low levels. I've seen too many cases where it seems like they are low level summoners but they dont know entirely what they're doing yet because they are low level. When you look through chat and people say "lol low levels too ez" or "this is my first game" and no one mocks them because its highly likely its their first game, they shouldnt have been reported for intentionally feeding. I've personally witnessed a game where an annie got repoted by the enemy team for "intentionally feeding" when she was obviously not intentionally feeding, she was just level 4. But yet you wouldnt have been able to tell that she was level 4 UNLESS it told you, or if i didnt defend her in all chat all game long.....

You cant always tell when its a lower level game though... And you're right that it doesnt apply to the other offences, but its not why it needs to be visable anyways, just intentionally feeding.

Im short on time right now, but i hope this may explain the idea of this.

GunflameSmurf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2012

I wholeheartly disagree.

Anything that a lvl 30 can do that is bannable, can be done by a lvl 1 account

Anything that a lvl 1 can do that is bannable, can be done by a lvl 30 account

Anything that you do as a lvl 30 that is allowed by the code, is also allowed to be done by a lvl 1 account.

Anything that you do as a lvl 1 that is allowed by the code, is also allowed to be done by a lvl 30 account.

Please post an example of something that contradicts these statements.

BTW, going 0/11/0 in game because you got outplayed is possible for both lvl 1 accounts and lvl 30 accounts. It is not a bannable offense on either case.

Quote:
The idea is so you can tell if they were reported for Intentionally feeding by smurfs at low levels.
Doesn't matter who reported you... all that matter is if it was intentional or not. Smurfs or new players YOU SHOULD NOT INTENTIONALLY FEED EVER.

Was it intentional? Yes = punish, NO = pardon, Unclear = skip.

PurpleFanta

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunflameSmurf View Post
I wholeheartly disagree.

Anything that a lvl 30 can do that is bannable, can be done by a lvl 1 account

Anything that a lvl 1 can do that is bannable, can be done by a lvl 30 account

Anything that you do as a lvl 30 that is allowed by the code, is also allowed to be done by a lvl 1 account.

Anything that you do as a lvl 1 that is allowed by the code, is also allowed to be done by a lvl 30 account.

Please post an example of something that contradicts these statements.

BTW, going 0/11/0 in game because you got outplayed is possible for both lvl 1 accounts and lvl 30 accounts. It is not a bannable offense on either case.

Doesn't matter who reported you... all that matter is if it was intentional or not. Smurfs or new players YOU SHOULD NOT INTENTIONALLY FEED EVER.

Was it intentional? Yes = punish, NO = pardon, Unclear = skip.
Im not saying its okay if they were smurfs that reported them for Intentionally feeding. Im saying i've seen people being reported at low levels for Intentionally feeding, when they WERE NOT intentionally feeding. They tried their best, but they're level 4, so they just didnt have enough experience. You cant tell that they werent doing it on purpose. The tribunal doesnt show it unless someone says so in chat.