gamescom Q&A

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necrysis

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerch View Post
Other then the RP prizes there hasn't been much support of any kind to dominion. There isn't ever a riot employee that can talk to us about any kind of game updates. Whenever you ask you get the "sorry can't talk about it" . Also every now an again a riot post about it getting looked at or we know the problem but can't say what it is. I think this Q&A is the truth behind "we can't talk about it "
Second

Phourc

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraogg View Post
Q: Are you planning to support more maps then 5v5, such as 3v3 and dominion in a competitive format?
A: No, we are balancing the game around 5v5. It is the most popular map and we don't want to split up the community.
Wish I knew who particularly they interviewed - I think Riot's got the right idea not making any new maps, at least until they get Dom and TT some love.

I think they only recently realized that they'd have to maintain them to an extent and didn't really budget the people for it (until Nome came along, of course xP).

Quote:
Other then the RP prizes there hasn't been much support of any kind to dominion.
The last DD tourney showed up in the Devtracker, it was quite the pleasant surprise - and while Nome's been quiet lately, I am firmly hoping it's because he's working on improving Dom rather than cause he's napping in the janitor's closet xP

Lerch

08-22-2012

From what i have seen it looks like proving grounds is getting more work done to it then dominion has in a good while

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

Quote:
Other then the RP prizes there hasn't been much support of any kind to dominion. There isn't ever a riot employee that can talk to us about any kind of game updates. Whenever you ask you get the "sorry can't talk about it" . Also every now an again a riot post about it getting looked at or we know the problem but can't say what it is. I think this Q&A is the truth behind "we can't talk about it "
There has too been support. They added Dominion to the featured streams in client, and there is a chance Dominion streams will be chosen for the weekly featured stream. And for the Riot employees not talking about updates, it goes deeper than just "they don't tell us everything we want, they don't support us.", they are a business... Just like any other business you have to be smart about what you say to the public. They know what they are doing, or else they wouldn't be the most played game in the world. So just because they don't tell us everything we want to hear, doesn't mean they don't support Dominion.

Kraogg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFeedski View Post
There has too been support. They added Dominion to the featured streams in client, and there is a chance Dominion streams will be chosen for the weekly featured stream. And for the Riot employees not talking about updates, it goes deeper than just "they don't tell us everything we want, they don't support us.", they are a business... Just like any other business you have to be smart about what you say to the public. They know what they are doing, or else they wouldn't be the most played game in the world. So just because they don't tell us everything we want to hear, doesn't mean they don't support Dominion.
Name 5 things Riot has Done for dominion in the last 6 months. Not things players have done But solid work done by Riot to move us towards Ranked or map balance for dominion.

Necrysis

08-22-2012

Quote:
That's not really much. A chance...? A chance at Dominion streams for featured stream....They should always have dominion streams, I get that summoners rift is bigger and makes all their cash, but I mean....they made such a big deal about dominion when they launched it...sand behind your product man. Its not that they dont talk about updates....They never talk about updates is the problem. Anytime anything dominion related comes up they just push it off to the side or say nothing. No answers. When was the last time they said anything positive about dominion or were like "Hey guys we are fixing dominion I swear" or "Don't worry dominion fans we haven't forgotten about you" SOMETHING! It's really quite maddening.

Lerch

08-22-2012

Quote:

I guess my problem is I have to see it to believe it and right now i haven't seen much so
words and excuses don't fly to far with me.

Necrysis

08-22-2012

When a dominion player visits the wrong forums...

DG TheFeedski

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraogg View Post
Name 5 things Riot has Done for dominion in the last 6 months. Not things players have done But solid work done by Riot to move us towards Ranked or map balance for dominion.
So i'm guessing when you say "support Dominion" you are only talking about Riot bringing Dominion ranked or map balance changes (which they have done a few, and who knows, could be trying to work on some as we speak, we really don't know...)? I could probably sit here and tell you all my reasons and you would still try to find the negatives, but I guess you're more of a pessimistic person than I am. I plan on writing a long post expressing my thoughts on a lot of things soon. Ranging from why I think there is no ranked, when I think it will come, how we can all help grow the community, what we should do if we want Dominion to be taken seriously, etc. etc.

Necrysis

08-22-2012

Quote:
So i'm guessing when you say "support Dominion" you are only talking about Riot bringing Dominion ranked or map balance changes (which they have done a few, and who knows, could be trying to work on some as we speak, we really don't know...)? I could probably sit here and tell you all my reasons and you would still try to find the negatives, but I guess you're more of a pessimistic person than I am. I plan on writing a long post expressing my thoughts on a lot of things soon. Ranging from why I think there is no ranked, when I think it will come, how we can all help grow the community, what we should do if we want Dominion to be taken seriously, etc. etc.
Its not a matter of being pessimistic its a matter of wanting to see rusults and not just talk or speculation. This is not a religion and should not work on faith and faith alone. Riot said it themselves they are not working on dominion or twisted treeline. Any champion buff or nurfs are a result of its cash cow summoners rift.