gamescom Q&A

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kraogg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

08-22-2012

Q: Are you planning to support more maps then 5v5, such as 3v3 and dominion in a competitive format?
A: No, we are balancing the game around 5v5. It is the most popular map and we don't want to split up the community.


http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/21349-gamescom-q-a


Good to know.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necrysis

Senior Member

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraogg View Post
Q: Are you planning to support more maps then 5v5, such as 3v3 and dominion in a competitive format?
A: No, we are balancing the game around 5v5. It is the most popular map and we don't want to split up the community.


http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/21349-gamescom-q-a


Good to know.
Last time I checked it's pretty split, the second you start releasing game "modes" your gonna have a split. If your just focused on 5v5 then you should have just released Magma Chamber......


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-22-2012

That's why it's up to us, the community, to grow the mode and prove to them that Dominion has potential to be competitive. Once that part is out, Riot will either look at it and see the money it could make them, or another company will come along and do it themselves.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necrysis

Senior Member

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFeedski View Post
That's why it's up to us, the community, to grow the mode and prove to them that Dominion has potential to be competitive. Once that part is out, Riot will either look at it and see the money it could make them, or another company will come along and do it themselves.
No plans for it. Its been abandoned. It might as well be up on the shelf with magma chamber. There is no way it can grow when the company that created it doesn't support it. As it stands there is no money to be made in it and riot see this (though it is due in part to them not getting behind it and supporting it like they should.) The only thing that could possibly save it at this point is ranked, but as they said they have no plans for that.

-There is only so much the community can do.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kraogg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFeedski View Post
Riot will either look at it and see the money it could make them, or another company will come along and do it themselves.

That company sounds like ArenaNet.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jremmons

Senior Member

08-22-2012

it seems odd that a game developer would not support its game type that differentiates it from all the other games of that genre; I mean, when you have 2 competitors that have produced a better game than your "main" game map, why not at least put some effort into the one thing you have done better (diff. game modes/maps). I mean in all reality HoN and DotA are much better games if you like that sit and wait game style.

it's pretty odd also that the one person supposedly assigned to Dom never bothers to pop into the forum and mention anything, too. oh well, time to find another free game in which to waste my time until I get money for GW2.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrysis View Post
No plans for it. Its been abandoned. It might as well be up on the shelf with magma chamber. There is no way it can grow when the company that created it doesn't support it. As it stands there is no money to be made in it and riot see this (though it is due in part to them not getting behind it and supporting it like they should.) The only thing that could possibly save it at this point is ranked, but as they said they have no plans for that.

-There is only so much the community can do.
All this talk about Riot not supporting Dominion... It's so wrong. Granted, they may not support it AS MUCH as Summoner's Rift, they definitely support the mode. And here is why... To this date, Riot has funded over $4750 worth of prizes to the Dominate Dominion tournaments ALONE. This isn't even including all the Triumphant Ryze skins they have given. So really, Riot does support the mode, just not as much as Summoner's Rift, because there isn't as large of a player base. When the player base increases, the more support Riot will show. And as I said above, if they don't, another company will.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kraogg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFeedski View Post
Riot has funded over $4750 worth of prizes to the Dominate Dominion tournaments ALONE.
That's almost as much as Team Solomid made in cash each last tournament.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraogg View Post
That's almost as much as Team Solomid made in cash each last tournament.
Of course they will funnel more money into the mode that everyone on League of Legends plays. All i'm saying, is considering how small of a player base Dominion has, they still help it out.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lerch

Member

08-22-2012

Other then the RP prizes there hasn't been much support of any kind to dominion. There isn't ever a riot employee that can talk to us about any kind of game updates. Whenever you ask you get the "sorry can't talk about it" . Also every now an again a riot post about it getting looked at or we know the problem but can't say what it is. I think this Q&A is the truth behind "we can't talk about it "