Riot removing silences

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WoundedGazelle

Junior Member

09-25-2014

What's everyones thought on this? Firts kassadin, leblanc and now talon. So who's next? are all the silences getting removed? the only ones I can think of right now are garen and malz but I feel like they deserve theirs because otherwise garen would be useless/not unique and malz would be easily destroyed by a gapclosing champ. Is it just autolock silence?. What's everyone elses thoughts?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Echo5kw

Senior Member

09-25-2014

the issue was point and click silences on champs that could dump their entire kit on someone in the time the silence lasted for, or whose silence led to no counter play. LB and Talon both created these huge windows where they'd chunk 1/4 of your health without even giving you the opportunity to respond. Kass used his silence as a poke that there was no retaliation for.

Malz, cho, and garen all use them differently. Cho's silence is for disruption, Garen's is his way of sticking to a target for the first part of his combo, and malz is more defensive. also, none of them have blinks that allow them to jump on someone while the other person is silenced.

Different kits are different.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ranal Ape

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

09-25-2014

I think it is primarily to nerf champs who can burst down mage's before they can even cast a spell to defend themselves. It's incredibly frustrating as a mage when you cant even contest an assassin because by the time the silence wears off you have 25 health and only have time to cast 1 spell.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flestiraef

Member

09-25-2014

High damage champs get their silence stolen to fuel Soraka's new point and click AoE silence with root if they don't react then decent damage with a 2? second slow. I love the Soraka rework, am I the only one?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WoundedGazelle

Junior Member

09-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flestiraef View Post
High damage champs get their silence stolen to fuel Soraka's new point and click AoE silence with root if they don't react then decent damage with a 2? second slow. I love the Soraka rework, am I the only one?
I also really like it hope to see more of her :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HonorSpark

Junior Member

09-25-2014

I feel mixed about it. Reason why:
LB: Didn't really need the silence to begin with, she still works great without it and wrecks a lot of mages in lane still
Kassadin: Like you said, it was used for poke and didn't really need to be there to begin with
Talon: Absolute **** now. His silence was how he worked; he would pick a target (the mage obviously) and burst them down to either 1. nuke them in a team fight or 2. do enough damage before retreating to force the mage to retreat away from a fight. Now that he doesn't have that silence he goes in and gets obliterated if he doesn't nuke the enemy first (which, when fighting someone like Lissandra or Ahri, doesn't happen).
I feel that taking away this mechanic makes sense for some, but not for others. Due to him not having a silence, Talon has pretty much been completely replace by Zed in any and all formats. I think that they should have kept the silences because it's easy to buy Merc Treads or a different Tenacity item. Tenacity was put into the game for a reason, make use of it if someone is silencing you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Summerfest

Senior Member

09-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranal Ape View Post
I think it is primarily to nerf champs who can burst down mage's before they can even cast a spell to defend themselves. It's incredibly frustrating as a mage when you cant even contest an assassin because by the time the silence wears off you have 25 health and only have time to cast 1 spell.
So much this. Talon had very binary matchups. Either he got shutdown hard, or he had no counter play.

If he's took weak after losing his silence Riot will find healthier ways to buff him like they're doing with Leblanc


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WoundedGazelle

Junior Member

09-26-2014

I don't believe removing talon's silence ruined him in my opinion he's still a quick 1 2 to burst down an adc or mage with just a tiamat and brutalizer. Then he just ults to for execute and escape.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Echo5kw

Senior Member

09-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonorSpark View Post
I feel mixed about it. Reason why:
LB: Didn't really need the silence to begin with, she still works great without it and wrecks a lot of mages in lane still
Kassadin: Like you said, it was used for poke and didn't really need to be there to begin with
Talon: Absolute **** now. His silence was how he worked; he would pick a target (the mage obviously) and burst them down to either 1. nuke them in a team fight or 2. do enough damage before retreating to force the mage to retreat away from a fight. Now that he doesn't have that silence he goes in and gets obliterated if he doesn't nuke the enemy first (which, when fighting someone like Lissandra or Ahri, doesn't happen).
I feel that taking away this mechanic makes sense for some, but not for others. Due to him not having a silence, Talon has pretty much been completely replace by Zed in any and all formats. I think that they should have kept the silences because it's easy to buy Merc Treads or a different Tenacity item. Tenacity was put into the game for a reason, make use of it if someone is silencing you.
the problem with talon was it allowed for no response from his opponents, just like LB. Against almost every traditional mage mid, at level three talon could silence you, hit you with a q, auto you with his empowered auto twice, and walk away. There was only aa's taht you could respond with. Yes, you *could* get tenacity, but by the time you have enough money for it you're so behind you may as well give up.

Talon WILL need buffs going forward, but removing the silence was the right way to go.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JimmyBunny

Junior Member

09-26-2014

silences are meant for disruption but they should have change talon's cutthroat into a stun cause the slow for a millisecond allows the enemy to just jump on squishy little talon and stun him or flash away from his ult


12