What does "freeze" a lane mean?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EffortlessAction

08-22-2012

I understand last hitting, but some people say "freeze" a lane. What does that mean?

kurnis

08-22-2012

play ashe.

PeaceofWar

08-22-2012

Standing in front of the creep progression so the tower does not hit them and take cs.

KaiSong

08-22-2012

http://www.team-dignitas.net/article...ing-your-lane/

It means kiting creeps/ tanking them so it stops the lane where you want it to be. last hitting will only have the lane stay where it is currently.

Letting them tank tower will allow the lane to push, tanking them will also push the wave slightly but less so than if the tower hits them.

If you kite the creep correctly you will force the lane to push to your side, or if you push to tower you can have enemy tower reset lane for you.

Kyeguy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

Dont push the lane. also ^ this

Zakkair

08-22-2012

http://www.team-dignitas.net/article...ing-your-lane/

Enjoy the read ~ It's hard to explain freezing a lane. You need to do it 1500+, its advanced laning that denies your opponent exp and farm.

QwertyiouP

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

Means to keep the enemy's minion wave in one spot, done by tanking them until a friendly wave comes by. Freezing the lane is good for a wave that is about to go into turret range.

Ahriman1

08-22-2012

Wait until the enemy wave has killed your entire creep wave, tank their minions a little bit closer to your side of the lane than theirs, and when your next wave shows up, move into bushes or far enough away that the leftover minions from their last wave hit your next wave. Their next wave will show up with their last wave and kill your wave. Repeat the process and you have a lane that continuously pushes toward you, giving you safe farming and making the enemy laner easy to gank. I try to freeze the lane when there are 3 or more minions left over after one of my waves gets cleared, but I don't do it if the enemy laner will kill me because I'm standing there tanking minions.

Karter Wid a K

08-22-2012

Can anyone further explain the whole moving minions to the side so they 2v1? How do you do that?

EDIT: jk shen'd, answer above. thanks. So this is only possible after your entire wave has died?

Ahriman1

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karter Wid a K View Post
Can anyone further explain the whole moving minions to the side so they 2v1? How do you do that?

EDIT: jk shen'd, answer above. thanks. So this is only possible after your entire wave has died?
Yes in a technical sense, but you can set up for it before your wave dies by only last hitting. The longer the enemy creeps live, the more damage your creeps take, the objective here is to get enemy minions to kill your minions before theirs die.

Using advanced ways like moving the minions to the side works as well. It groups up their minions so that when they come upon your minions, they are already in place and doing damage, while your line of creeps is still coming forward and setting up. This results in your first few minions dying faster than theirs. As well, the closer your lane is to the enemy tower the faster they will push toward you. This is why you want 3 or so minions left after your wave dies. Being close to your tower means your wave gets there before their wave, pushing them back, but with 2+ minions leftover, they deal enough damage to offset this.