So Rengar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eaglewolf

08-26-2012

Every time i see rengar he gets dominated...but hes new so maybe people just suck as him. His passive is also fairly useless in dominion.

Goronok

08-26-2012

He requires his QQ combo to have his HUGE burst, but then he spends the rest of the fight not doing much damage, having no survivability, unreliable and unimpressive gap closing, and no CC of any kind. He's a one-trick-wonder, whose trick requires 4/5 ferocity to pull off.

And his ult? He effectively doesn't have one on Dominion. Any neutral or enemy controlled point grants the enemy vision, and if you ult it will be as if it didn't go off. Your ult ONLY works in the jungle or on friendly points. Now, in those places, it's nice, having an escape, or a second chance to burst, but it feels *required-to-even-approach-viable* nice... as in, required... and the majority of fights, it won't be available because of enemy vision... or someone can oracle, and then it's not available anywhere.

I wouldn't directly say he's the weakest champ in game for Dominion... but I'd strongly imply it.

reticuli

08-26-2012

Okay maybe silly question, but is the "QQ Combo" when you use Q, and then use Q again with max ferocity?

LucifronSun

Recruiter

08-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by reticuli View Post
Okay maybe silly question, but is the "QQ Combo" when you use Q, and then use Q again with max ferocity?
Yes.

Quote:
He feels kinda like Riven that is more easily kited, but with more upfront burst.
Read:

Quote:
So yeah. Take Riven, remove her shield, remove her multiple dashes, her multiple AOE hard CCs, give her a short ranged slow and make her require bushes to stick to targets. You now have Rengar.

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2012

After playing him a lot more and getting used to him, I'm having a lot more fun with him. He's fairly strong, the main thing is that his burst is absolutely insane if you can land it. He's semi similar to Darius in the aspect of if he gets close to you, he will absolutely destroy you, but unlike Darius he has more options available to him to get close to you, and unlike Darius he doesn't do quite as much after his main burst combo is over.

His ultimate is a lot better than I had originally thought. The guaranteed leap makes a big difference, not to mention it gives him 5 ferocity which he needs to unleash his gargantuan damage combo. What I've been doing a lot is either opening with it, or crushing them with a huge combo and then stealthing out to gain ferocity, and then coming back in and blowing them up again.

I'm serious, this dude's damage is just absurd when he gets to you. But that's by far his biggest draw-back, if your burst fails to kill you are fairly easily kited when outside of the jungle, and it can get really frustrating waiting for your e to come off cd, and the slow doesn't last long anyway.

Final verdict, so much fun, has some serious flaws that hold him back but all in all he is not that bad, and could prove to be a competitive pick.

DaRatmastah

08-26-2012

I've been messing around with him with mixed results. I find early game, it's best to play as an assassin when you can, but late game when you get 40% CDR and max out your R he becomes a hell of a bruiser. You can reach mass ferocity stacks without your ult every 8 seconds or so, plus your ult is up like every 30, and if you played smart you already have quite a few stacks on your bonetooth necklace as well.

Darkmoone1

08-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goronok View Post
He requires his QQ combo to have his HUGE burst, but then he spends the rest of the fight not doing much damage, having no survivability, unreliable and unimpressive gap closing, and no CC of any kind. He's a one-trick-wonder, whose trick requires 4/5 ferocity to pull off.

And his ult? He effectively doesn't have one on Dominion. Any neutral or enemy controlled point grants the enemy vision, and if you ult it will be as if it didn't go off. Your ult ONLY works in the jungle or on friendly points. Now, in those places, it's nice, having an escape, or a second chance to burst, but it feels *required-to-even-approach-viable* nice... as in, required... and the majority of fights, it won't be available because of enemy vision... or someone can oracle, and then it's not available anywhere.

I wouldn't directly say he's the weakest champ in game for Dominion... but I'd strongly imply it.
I guess you missed.....oh I dont know......the entire middle section of the map? You know, where all the bushes are?

newkid

08-28-2012

Well , I have been wrecking with him lately. I start with boots of mobility and one health pot. at the start I get one point in each ability. I also am using runes with armor and armor masteries. so when melee people engage me early game I don't get facerolled. I find him fun to play.