So Rengar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

larkhill

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
Looks fairly mediocre to me. Shaco does everything he does better.
except heal

no but seriously, rengar has a lot of burst on his combo, especially when u factor in his ult giving him another combo in a few seconds. even when he's behind, he can do a lot of dmg 1v1

a lot of the problem i have with him is that he's too focused on jungle fights. it almost forced the player to roam around away from the team and thats a sure fire way to get yourself killed

DiscworldDeath

08-23-2012

Losing AA target upon using PBAoE is a known issue, Amumu E, GP E, and many many more.

TheBeetle

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
Looks fairly mediocre to me. Shaco does everything he does better.
Really, shaco has a built in armor / MR and attack speed steroid?

TCWA Tigerbite

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeetle View Post
Really, shaco has a built in armor / MR and attack speed steroid?
He didn't say Shaco had the same skills but better. He said Shaco does what Rengar does, but better.

In other words, tell me something Rengar does, that Shaco can't do, or something they both can do but Rengar can do better. They're both stealthy assassins with burst.

However, I do believe you just need to give Rengar some time to settle in. I'm sure someone will find a good build for him and he'll be a beast. >_> >_>

MyDeadGrandma

08-23-2012

Played him twice, seen him in action 6 times.
Feels like:
Akali's "helpless without my gapcloser at the first top fight" the entire game until the unlikely scenario where you get 14 stacks on your item and even then your situational jump feels iffy

Renekton's Fury generation, except you're twice as obvious when you're building up to attack someone unless you're relying on an ulti ambush

The same handicap of a high cooldown ult on that heroes designed to jungle (as opposed to faceroll toplane in SR) such as Sej,Shyvana, Skarner and Nocturne, heroes that are expected to perform at their best with double buffs and a distracted enemy once every 2 minutes.

Hoping for Skarner-like buffs that at least make a viable botlaner in most matchups save for the unholy cheese tier trinity.

larkhill

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCWA Tigerbite View Post
In other words, tell me something Rengar does, that Shaco can't do, or something they both can do but Rengar can do better. They're both stealthy assassins with burst.
heal
root
burst someone without having to set up boxes
prolonged stealth

u also have to remember that rengar has amazing ad ratios on his Q

Ariou

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
heal
root
burst someone without having to set up boxes
prolonged stealth

u also have to remember that rengar has amazing ad ratios on his Q
heal - shaco can't heal in his kit, but rengar must sacrifice his burst
root - sacrifice your burst
burst - AD shaco with IE will make any squishy **** their pants when he deceives
stealth - on a huge cool down

and all his abilities you mentioned minus the ult require 5 ferocity which is severely limiting.

otirruborez

08-23-2012

shaco also dies in 1 hit.

DiscworldDeath

08-23-2012

His ult has 50 seconds base cooldown at level 16. His ult cooldown is only too long early. Later on, with some basic CDR, it's 30 seconds. Blow it from spawn, get 20% MS to run somewhere while being stealthed and detecting nearby hostiles, and it'd be up again by the time you get to a fight. Not to mention you'll get there with full Ferocity.

The stealth cooldown is huge early, but absolutely tiny late.

TheBeetle

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by otirruborez View Post
shaco also dies in 1 hit.
^ This, Shaco needs to go pretty heavy glass cannon to do what Rengar can do with a bruiser build.