How To Counter Rengar! (Guide)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xMamoo

08-22-2012

Hi so a lot of people have been QQ'ing about Rengar being "SO OP OHMAIGAWD NERF BBQ"

But in reality Rengar isn't that strong he falls off late game if denied. The easiest way to deny Rengar I found was using Olaf.

Start with E and Cloth + 5 pots, play passively until level 5 after you put you get your 3rd level in E and buy a chain armor also.

At this point you can easily begin to harass Rengar whenever he get's near you, since his only real damage is his Q by the time you have chain armor it won't do much damage, and so if he tries to harass E him and then W to regain hp.

I usually then just build Wriggle's for sustain and then Frozen Mallet, and you should easily be able to shut him down, or at least zone him causing him to build tanky which is good for you because then he does almost no damage to you while you spam E and just faceroll your keyboard.

I know he's new and he'll probably be tweaked, but in all the games I'v played against Rengar against Olaf, I absolutely shut him down after level 5.

Good luck and happy hunting :3

TL;DR Start with E/Cloth + 5 pots < Play passive until 5 (Buy chain armor) < Harass Rengar to your heart's content.

SkyBane001

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMamoo View Post
Hi so a lot of people have been QQ'ing about Rengar being "SO OP OHMAIGAWD NERF BBQ"

But in reality Rengar isn't that strong he falls off late game if denied. The easiest way to deny Rengar I found was using Olaf.

Start with E and Cloth + 5 pots, play passively until level 5 after you put you get your 3rd level in E and buy a chain armor also.

At this point you can easily begin to harass Rengar whenever he get's near you, since his only real damage is his Q by the time you have chain armor it won't do much damage, and so if he tries to harass E him and then W to regain hp.

I usually then just build Wriggle's for sustain and then Frozen Mallet, and you should easily be able to shut him down, or at least zone him causing him to build tanky which is good for you because then he does almost no damage to you while you spam E and just faceroll your keyboard.

I know he's new and he'll probably be tweaked, but in all the games I'v played against Rengar against Olaf, I absolutely shut him down after level 5.

Good luck and happy hunting :3

TL;DR Start with E/Cloth + 5 pots < Play passive until 5 (Buy chain armor) < Harass Rengar to your heart's content.
You're late to the party.

Release Rengar is considered UP

Adversus

08-22-2012

gp

Kim Jong Peel

08-22-2012

Who's QQ'ing lol?

PrinceVert

08-22-2012

The only QQ I see it's because he ****ing sucks at everything he does

xMamoo

08-22-2012

From what i'v seen everyone on forums keeps complaining about him for no reason -_-

Styxinator

08-22-2012

Definitely UP. I regret spending the RP on him and should have just used IP. I learned my lesson.

VikingPhobos

08-23-2012

He's not really "Overpowered" or "Underpowered"... Just learn how to play him, people really need to stop crying about everything they can't counter.

KimoCheese

08-23-2012

Lol wut... he's no where near OP.

Randyblythe

08-23-2012

How to counter Rengar - Don't go afk. You can pick any champion, it will work.