Not enough mastery pages

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

09-13-2012
9 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACGIFT View Post
Absolutely brilliant. You need more thumbs up.

Yay, so maybe I might mid against someone other than a Ryze or Annie for once.

It makes me wonder, though... Why did the bots seem to almost always select just a tiny handful of the 40-some champions. I'd swear half the games I'd had were WW/Ren/Ryze/MF/Lux... Was it something in the matchmaking code that made it select specific champions? If it was meant to be skill related (i.e, to pair the most effective bots against the better players) then perhaps Lux Bot needed to be given a higher rank; her aim has consistently been disturbingly good, especially with that ult.
So BuffMePlz is the subject matter expert on bots. He is the only person working on this. He adds individual bot logic, but he also has other job duties such as enhance general bot logic, so this is a limiting factor on how past we can produce new bots. On the other hand, we also want BuffMePlz to spend some time to improve existing bots, so this is an additional trade off we need to consider.

Platform, however, is the source of authority in deciding what bots are in what kind of games. If I want to troll players, I would put 5 Annies in one game, but of course, I wouldn’t do that


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerglinator

Senior Member

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
So BuffMePlz is the subject matter expert on bots. He is the only person working on this. He adds individual bot logic, but he also has other job duties such as enhance general bot logic, so this is a limiting factor on how past we can produce new bots. On the other hand, we also want BuffMePlz to spend some time to improve existing bots, so this is an additional trade off we need to consider.

Platform, however, is the source of authority in deciding what bots are in what kind of games. If I want to troll players, I would put 5 Annies in one game, but of course, I wouldn’t do that
So Kiddington.

Does this mean that I will finally, finally be able to face Rammus Bot on Summoner's Rift?

I played so many bot games, and he only ever came up in Dominion.

Please say ok.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

09-13-2012
10 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
So Kiddington.

Does this mean that I will finally, finally be able to face Rammus Bot on Summoner's Rift?

I played so many bot games, and he only ever came up in Dominion.

Please say ok.
Sorry, Rammus bot is disabled on SR.
but I will go ask BuffMePlz if I can turn it on

(I think the reason behind it is Rammus is not yet behave optimally on SR)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerglinator

Senior Member

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
Sorry, Rammus bot is disabled on SR.
but I will go ask BuffMePlz if I can turn it on

(I think the reason behind it is Rammus is not yet behave optimally on SR)
Well, thanks anyways, good to know that I finally got a response to this and I now know that I wasn't just extravagantly unlucky for months and months.

In other words, ok.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ACGIFT

Senior Member

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
So BuffMePlz is the subject matter expert on bots. He is the only person working on this. He adds individual bot logic, but he also has other job duties such as enhance general bot logic, so this is a limiting factor on how past we can produce new bots. On the other hand, we also want BuffMePlz to spend some time to improve existing bots, so this is an additional trade off we need to consider.
I guess I wasn't very clear... I wasn't meaning about NEW bots, just the ones that were introduced in the "Rise of the bots" patch, which brought the bot number to around 40. (out of our current 104 champions)

However, I wasn't aware until your later post that the bot roster was different for each mode of the game, which would answer a lot of questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
Platform, however, is the source of authority in deciding what bots are in what kind of games. If I want to troll players, I would put 5 Annies in one game, but of course, I wouldn’t do that
I honestly think that would be hilarious. Of course, of all the current Bots I've faced, I've found Annie Bot to be perhaps the easiest to shut down in lane. If you REALLY wanted to troll, I'd say have 5 Lux bots. All that Master Spark...

On an unrelated note, I wonder why all the bots only ever had one fixed lane position, when most champions are technically viable for 2 slots or so. I suppose that's more a question for the bot engineer, since the answer is likely similar to why none of them do any jungling at all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wicked Trident

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-21-2012

THANK YOU SATAN!!!! i mean, thank you RIOT for finally doing this. For people like me who love having diversity this is perfect. Now we just need an increase to 20 rune pages and I'll be set... or 100 pages, either way


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FoxyKun

Senior Member

09-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACGIFT View Post
I honestly think that would be hilarious. Of course, of all the current Bots I've faced, I've found Annie Bot to be perhaps the easiest to shut down in lane. If you REALLY wanted to troll, I'd say have 5 Lux bots. All that Master Spark...
if you remember the april fools lee sin video I'm pretty sure in one of his many penta kills he killed 6 annies and got a heptakill. or something like that.

i could be wrong though, especially since lee sin says what ever he wants when he wants.