Not enough mastery pages

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elladril

08-24-2012

Thank you! Love all that you guys at riot do for us.

Malurth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
I have added this to my backlog, and I also did some research on how this can be done in the code. While I can't promise I will able to get to this anytime soon, I can promise you this "adjustment" will not be forgotten. Currently I am working on something far more important, and I think players like you will like it when it one day become public knowledge, it is also the reason that's why I can't divert my attention to this.
PVP.net replay UI incoming

Plati

08-24-2012

Quote:
I have added this to my backlog, and I also did some research on how this can be done in the code. While I can't promise I will able to get to this anytime soon, I can promise you this "adjustment" will not be forgotten. Currently I am working on something far more important, and I think players like you will like it when it one day become public knowledge, it is also the reason that's why I can't divert my attention to this.
Awesome!

Nicksiren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2012

God I want more masteries. I, too, only play normals.

naotasan

08-24-2012

Quote:
Keep in mind that Riot employees have 20 rune pages, I'm pretty sure it is very possible to let players get 20 mastery pages.
You just need to make a way to "buy" more pages, such as IP or RP pricing - if you do take this route PLEASE do not be stupid and make one page cost as much as a new champion. That is just stupid (rune page should be lowered to AT LEAST 4800 ip while we're on the subject).

Back onto the subject at hand:
We need more mastery pages because it's confining players to one game mode. For example, I play dominion almost exclusively and I have between 6 and 8 pages devoted to Dominion, which gives me barely any pages for any other game mode.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

08-25-2012
3 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
Keep in mind that Riot employees have 20 rune pages, I'm pretty sure it is very possible to let players get 20 mastery pages.
You just need to make a way to "buy" more pages, such as IP or RP pricing - if you do take this route PLEASE do not be stupid and make one page cost as much as a new champion. That is just stupid (rune page should be lowered to AT LEAST 4800 ip while we're on the subject).

Back onto the subject at hand:
We need more mastery pages because it's confining players to one game mode. For example, I play dominion almost exclusively and I have between 6 and 8 pages devoted to Dominion, which gives me barely any pages for any other game mode.
Oh yeah, both game design and production are fine with having additional mastery pages for the players. This is purely an engineering resource issue.

naotasan

08-25-2012

Quote:
Oh yeah, both game design and production are fine with having additional mastery pages for the players. This is purely an engineering resource issue.
Ah! Thanks for the clarification! If I may thread hi-jack for a moment here... did you ever lurk in my thread I made about friends list updating? Been bumping that for awhile now x_x

TheEnygma

08-25-2012

I have generic mastery pages mostly (AD carry, Tank AD, Tank AP, Jungler, Support, AP carry) but it's rune pages I would like, at least an additional one

WolfgangDoghouse

08-25-2012

Hopefully the wait wont be too long. This is long overdue.

A Videogames

08-29-2012

I would pay money for more mastery pages. Please. Please more mastery pages.