Zyra's passive

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AsphodelNext

08-21-2012

It's sort of like Death Defied. I don't know if it was intended, but unlike most other champs, other than Karthus of course, her skill shots and abilities persist after she dies, preventing you from focusing her down. (Well, you can, but you still get AOE knocked up and have to deal with plants, unless you can hard CC her first) It basically allows her to initiate a teamfight with her ult and flash, preventing escape and forcing the fight, with her team in a better position.
Does anyone know of any good counters to this strategy? I played a Zyra as a Cait, and still found myself out of range due to this, having to net out of the ult and leaving half my team in the front. Should I have taken the knockup and tried to auto? Should I have run forward with my tank and jungle?r(and probably have gotten focused down) Or should I focus down Zyra(which I and my team did, before I netted out)?

Cenerae

08-22-2012

Zyra's passive is more like a targetable kog passive. Sure her plants stay put, but as the ranged carry you should be nowhere near them anyway.

Leaving her alive is a bad idea, since her spells do FAR more damage than her passive will if you let her keep casting. And you can dodge the shot from her passive, too.

AsphodelNext

08-22-2012

No, what I'm saying is, if she dies within the two seconds after she places her ult, the knockup will still trigger, because technically, she's alive to fire her passive after we focus her down. Contrast with a Morgana ult: if Morg is killed mid ult, her stun will not trigger. But when you kill Zyra, her plants don't die, her spells still go off(if she cast them before dying, of course), and her ult still knocks up. I'm not talking about the damage on the passive, but its ability to allow her to stay on the field for two more seconds, letting her ult trigger after she's "dead."
Also, I am nowhere near the plants, I'm at the back end of the ult. The plants, while still a source of damage if I run forward, aren't what I'm talking about either.

KaiSong

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsphodelNext View Post
Contrast with a Morgana ult: if Morg is killed mid ult, her stun will not trigger. But when you kill Zyra, her plants don't die, her spells still go off(if she cast them before dying, of course), and her ult still knocks up.
I dont find any issue with this, because of the way the plants work, they are short living non targed minions that act autonomously. They should be able to stay around.
As with the ult, once its already down, it is its own entity, why would it disappear?

With morg, the shackles are a binding from the champ to the other champions. If remove one endpoint from a line, you no longer have a line.

Working as intended.

The one issue that needs to be looked was/is the ability for shen's ult to complete even if she dies mid channel. I know that it happened before my laptop broke but not sure if it was fixed yet.