A new glance over Mac testing

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LittleMarvin

09-14-2010

First of all, I'd like to point out that I'm crazy to test on mac, since I haven't been able to run LoL on any platforms, so, my arguments will be obviously biased. No worries though!
Bottom line is, Why not just let everyone in the community test the Mac version? Wouldn't it be more accurate if more and more poeple give feedback over bugs and etc?
( I know my english sucks, but post replies telling everyone what do you think about this idea!)

xKoBiEx

Recruiter

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMarvin View Post
Bottom line is, Why not just let everyone in the community test the Mac version? Wouldn't it be more accurate if more and more poeple give feedback over bugs and etc?
These comments are the reason...and not knowing why makes it even more clear.

There is a bell-curve to the benefits of people testing. I'm sure Riot knows what the optimal number is and will keep increasing testers if that optimal number rises. I do not want the system to crash completely because it was rushed with too many people who just want to play on a Mac. It will not help.

wotabc

Producer

09-15-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Yes. The idea is to stage it so that we get the most focused coverage we need to fix bugs without limiting it so much that we don't get enough. The thing that makes this slightly more complex is that it's a new version of the game and a new patching solution. We need to make sure the patching solution can recover well, otherwise we can run into forcing lots of people to reinstall, which we don't want to do

Velkorious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2010

Not to mention, duplicate threads. I'd imagine there are a few bugs that will be noticed by many people, many of whom would start threads for. Which, of course, would get tedious.

But once the common bugs are patched, then I can see the number of testers going up. The remaining bugs will probably be encountered far less often, therefore upping the number would make them more likely to be spotted.