You are God. How do you judge.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

I don't think many people punish for swear words unless they are directed at someone else.

Personally, it takes a couple times for me to actually hit punish...unless that single time is a racial slur or something to that effect.

And, the punish/pardon ratio used to be 94% punish/6% pardon. Whereas now it's closer to 60/40. More people are getting pardoned.

And I've seen some reform cards with blatant racism and trolling that have been pardoned.

Lord Puppy Fury

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiant Glory View Post
For the cases of offensive language or harassment, do you condemn on the first fu ck you see or are you more lenient? I always let a little leeway in, because I understand no one is perfect. I always get a picture of the community jumping at the chance to punish but I actually really want to pardon.
Just swearing in general is not, to me, punishable. Swearing at someone with the intent to upset, offend, or hurt them is. "Get the fvcking inhibitor" is not punishable. "Get the fvcking inhibitor sh!t for brains" is. Unless it's hate speech, one snide remark is not punishable, but it's very rare that there's only one.

One thing I do keep in mind with borderline cases is that someone has to have an abnormally high report rate for them to even make it to Tribunal. If I'm 50/50 on the case, I tend to lean towards punish, just because they've been reported enough that their peers consider them a problem. Hopefully they get a warning, consider their actions, change, and never have a brush with the Tribunal again.

Radiant Glory

08-22-2012

How about we get a report card in here and have this thread judge it and explain why. I think we can get a good idea of other peoples methods that way. Im looking for a link now.

Radiant Glory

08-22-2012

Can someone provide one? I dont know how to link those

LittleDi

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiant Glory View Post
What kind of God are you?
That is a very difficult question to answer. I will go with what others have called me. I am the hermit. My task is more to look for what the person is guilty of, and if it is a punishable offense. I have stepped away from the tribunal for a while with hopes that I can find a pardon sometime soon.