You are God. How do you judge.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Radiant Glory

08-21-2012

Just got done with another days worth of tribunal judging and was wondering how everyone else approaches the system. How do you judge? What do you look for to make a decision? What kind of God are you?

For me, I always look for incidents that are easiest to decide on like feeding intentionally. If I see evidence, then I punish. If not, then I move on to the other reports like offensive language or something else that requires more scrutiny. As a temporary God, I always look for evidence that supports the report of the incident. In my eyes, they are innocent until proven guilty.

Steam Store

08-21-2012

Pretty much I check for what was reported by the players. I will almost always pardon intentionally feeding unless its mentioned in chat. The only other times is when someone has zero assists and the rest of their team had a reasonable number of kills. This means they were doing something wrong on purpose cause even if they tried to help they would have one assist.

For language I look to see if they violated the summoners code. Most times they did or they were spewing racist garbage to try to add shock value to their words.

If I see the rest of the team instigating the player reported I will sometimes pardon them, I know that's not how its supposed to work but in my book you should be able to defend yourself if others instigate.

MageSoulKnife

08-21-2012

For feed; check assists A support with 0/3/27 is def not feeding

Offensive language; anything that could be offensive. Racial slurs "the N-word" and slang for LBG peeps. The words noob; if they keep it up (without provocation). Yes it is offensive.

Negative attitude. This one I almost always pardon on as it is to subjective and needs to be removed.

Harassment; this is when a player will constantly make fun of (not always with offensive language) another player. Usually I look for a sign of the player being asked to stop or chill out (without also being insulted as that just adds fuel to the fire).

I cannot figure out how to do inappropriate name as they have seemed to remove the summoner name from tribunal...(oversight much???)

I usually try to put myself in the reported summoners shoes; sometimes their actions are justified. Innocent until proven guilty.

Kagami

08-21-2012

I focus on the chat log generally since the evidence is almost always and being toxic in just 1 case is enough for me, if there is nothing in the change log I'll move to the next game unless report was for feeding.

Then for intentionally feeding I'll build/CS/kills/assist usually help unskilled vs feeding. Feeders like to seem to build troll such like the classic zeals/boot stacking, or do weird things with wards.

Overall I am probably harsh on judging, since I don't consider the person innocent until I've reached the final case(if that, punish usually happens before reaching a 5th case)

FawKingTroll

08-22-2012

just go ahead and press punish for everything but feeding,
Thats how most people do it right?

Parthonaxx

08-22-2012

I read the entire chat log of each case and actualy make an effort to judge fairly.

Delinth

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiant Glory View Post
In my eyes, they are innocent until proven guilty.

In my eyes, they are innocent until they prove themselves guilty. Sadly most of them are up to this challenge.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiant Glory View Post
Just got done with another days worth of tribunal judging and was wondering how everyone else approaches the system. How do you judge? What do you look for to make a decision? What kind of God are you?

For me, I always look for incidents that are easiest to decide on like feeding intentionally. If I see evidence, then I punish. If not, then I move on to the other reports like offensive language or something else that requires more scrutiny. As a temporary God, I always look for evidence that supports the report of the incident. In my eyes, they are innocent until proven guilty.
Riot states that you should punish even if the rule they broke wasn't the one they were reported for. For that reason, I read the cases first, make my decision (usually), then read the reports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MageSoulKnife View Post

I cannot figure out how to do inappropriate name as they have seemed to remove the summoner name from tribunal...(oversight much???)
The name will appear when the person was actually reported for "Inappropriate Name". For all other cases the name will not show.

TenienDaithen

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FawKingTroll View Post
just go ahead and press punish for everything but feeding,
Thats how most people do it right?
No. That's not correct.

Radiant Glory

08-22-2012

For the cases of offensive language or harassment, do you condemn on the first fu ck you see or are you more lenient? I always let a little leeway in, because I understand no one is perfect. I always get a picture of the community jumping at the chance to punish but I actually really want to pardon.