Dominate Dominion #19 Registration Open

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vFresh

08-24-2012

Feedski, if there are only 10 teams participating out of the wanted 16, how will the prizes be handed out?

Gormirn

08-24-2012

as long as 8 teams play the top 4 get the RP, i believe

HaIfhearted

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gormirn View Post
as long as 8 teams play the top 4 get the RP, i believe
That is indeed the case.

There only needs to be 8 teams to qualify for prizes.
However many teams we have, as long as the minimum 8 is fulfilled 1st-4th place will be rewarded.

Get a team of like-minded fellows and join in the fun!
The more, the merrier, right?

Sakuri Ono

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFeedski View Post
Well I think they are waiting for the map to "mature". Which is, in my opinion, a very great idea before you released ranked. You don't want ranked released, then suddenly have a ton of new players come in, face other new players who have never played Dominion and get to 2k+ Dominion ELO because none of them know how to play the map. One very important thing we have to keep in mind here, is this map is still new. Even though it's been a year, it's still new. Unlike Dominion, there have been many games before League with the same concept of Summoner's Rift. 5v5, 3 lanes, jungle, etc. Which hasn't been the case for Dominion (that I am aware of). So while some people think the map has had enough time to mature, I can definitely see where Riot is coming from when they say they don't think it's matured enough. There haven't been previous games like Dominion, like there have been for SR, so it will take more time to mature.
Actually it's not new concept at all. It's basically World of Warcraft's Arathi Basin (or Eye of the Storm with a buff at stake in mid rather than a flag). Capture a base, hold 3 out of 5 to score, can interrupt base assaults, ninja tactics viable, ect. About the only difference Dominion brings to the table is a smaller map and NPC base neutralizing minions. That game play style's been around for nearly a decade. Even then people still fail to under stand the concept of rotational defense. ~.~

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuri Ono View Post
Actually it's not new concept at all. It's basically World of Warcraft's Arathi Basin (or Eye of the Storm with a buff at stake in mid rather than a flag). Capture a base, hold 3 out of 5 to score, can interrupt base assaults, ninja tactics viable, ect. About the only difference Dominion brings to the table is a smaller map and NPC base neutralizing minions. That game play style's been around for nearly a decade. Even then people still fail to under stand the concept of rotational defense. ~.~
I've never played World of Warcdraft so that could be, but that is still only one game compared to the countless like SR.

Sakuri Ono

08-24-2012

I think one of DCU's PvP grounds is a bit like Dominion as well but it's been waaaay too long for me to remember. >.< Ah well, ranked will come here when they're good and ready.

DG Denz Brujah

08-24-2012

If anyone needs a sub or if a bunch of singles want to get together to form an impromptu team for DD#19 lemme know I actually have a Saturday off

InglouriousCobb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2012

Finally getting a job with Saturday's off, should be able to start participating in the tournaments soon.

Bootystrap

08-24-2012

I'd like to try out for a team. I've played for about 9 months. About 50 SR games played compared to my 940+ Dom games played. So Dom is all I know. I'm new to the hardcore Dom scene and I'd like to join that part of the community however small. Ingame name is Bootystrap, send me an invite.

Hamm3rhand

08-24-2012

well i would like to play tomorrow. i'll see how many tcwa people can get together, if only just a couple maybe we can toss together a separate team.