Dominate Dominion #19 Registration Open

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2012

Hello everyone,

Registration for DD #19 is open!

Helpful Dominion Links
Team Recruiting Center
Looking For Team
Detailed Dominion Guide by Sauron
Dominion Champion Guides
Dominion Live Streams
Dominion ELO (no longer updated, due to Riot hiding the information.)

Tournament Information
Live Stream
Rules
Information
Registration

Prizes
First Place - $20 Worth of RP each player + Triumphant Ryze.
Second Place - $15 Worth of RP each player.
Third Place - $10 Worth of RP each player.
Fourth place- $5 Worth of RP each player.

Stay Updated With DD!
Twitter
Facebook

Good luck!

General Discussion Thread. Bumps needed. <3

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2012

up

A single hat

08-23-2012

Good luck! I'll try to get involved for #20

vFresh

08-23-2012

I would love to participate in DD events but I've no team )))):

NamKim

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vFresh View Post
I lack skills. Wouldn't want to embarrass myself while in a live stream...

By the way, TheFeedski, do you think you're now higher than ranked #22 Dominion player now?

HaIfhearted

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamKim View Post
Didn't stop me from joining an amateur team back when I was a newer player.

No one is expecting a new team to win *anything* in the tourney, so there's really nothing on the line.

Tourney experience helps you improve as a player, cause you get to go against better players and see how they handle situations.

And even if you don't learn anything, it's always nice to group up with 4 other guys and try to see how far up you can make it in the brackets.

Plus its fun.

vFresh

08-23-2012

Quote:

By the way, TheFeedski, do you think you're now higher than ranked #22 Dominion player now?
I'm not worried about losing, I'm in it for the experience and to see how it feels to go up against the top Dominion players in league.

DG TheFeedski

08-24-2012

Quote:
You can always create one or look for others to form one. No harm in trying.

Quote:

I really don't know. I have been number 6 at one point but stopped caring too much about ELO. It wasn't very accurate since people can party together, play OPs, etc. So I stopped worrying and started playing with all kinds of people, consequently, my ELO is probably not as high, but i'm not worried.

NamKim

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
Didn't stop me from joining an amateur team back when I was a newer player.

No one is expecting a new team to win *anything* in the tourney, so there's really nothing on the line.

Tourney experience helps you improve as a player, cause you get to go against better players and see how they handle situations.

And even if you don't learn anything, it's always nice to group up with 4 other guys and try to see how far up you can make it in the brackets.

Plus its fun.
Well, it's not so much that...it's more like I play with Jax and Wukong. Which are two very likely bans. So, I need more time to learn other champions and get some more games under my belt. I make stupid errors that should not be making. Pretty much, imagine if Ranked SR allowed people to play it at the level 10 (not a smurf). That is kind of the equivalent here...but with Dominion...

But I do understand that to be the best. I need to go up against the best.

I think I will try to participate in one of these tournaments in the future.

At the very least, my chances of going up against Sauron, Nekrogen, inFe eD, or TheFeedski is much greater. I don't think I will ever beat these guys. But these guys are the ones who pretty much inspired me to start taking Dominion as a serious game mode and players I do somewhat look up to. Not in a creep way, but kind of like the "star player" of a sports team. Sauron and Nekrogen's guides were a huge benefit when I first started off.

Quote:
I'm not worried about losing, I'm in it for the experience and to see how it feels to go up against the top Dominion players in league.
I'm fine with losing. It's more like I will do something stupid like 1v4 the enemy team in the jungle... People might think I am doing that on purpose when I am really just making a ton of dumb mistakes . But, after reading your encouragements, I'm starting to care less and less about making that mistakes. Since making them in public will only help me not make them in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFeedski View Post
I really don't know. I have been number 6 at one point but stopped caring too much about ELO. It wasn't very accurate since people can party together, play OPs, etc. So I stopped worrying and started playing with all kinds of people, consequently, my ELO is probably not as high, but i'm not worried.
I wonder if this is one of the reasons why Riot is hesitant to have a Ranked Dominion.

But thanks for giving me some more insight to this.

DG TheFeedski

08-24-2012

Quote:

I wonder if this is one of the reasons why Riot is hesitant to have a Ranked Dominion.

But thanks for giving me some more insight to this.
Well I think they are waiting for the map to "mature". Which is, in my opinion, a very great idea before you released ranked. You don't want ranked released, then suddenly have a ton of new players come in, face other new players who have never played Dominion and get to 2k+ Dominion ELO because none of them know how to play the map. One very important thing we have to keep in mind here, is this map is still new. Even though it's been a year, it's still new. Unlike Dominion, there have been many games before League with the same concept of Summoner's Rift. 5v5, 3 lanes, jungle, etc. Which hasn't been the case for Dominion (that I am aware of). So while some people think the map has had enough time to mature, I can definitely see where Riot is coming from when they say they don't think it's matured enough. There haven't been previous games like Dominion, like there have been for SR, so it will take more time to mature.