Dredger, Master of the Earth (Now with more Lore and Concept art!)

1234511 ... 21
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kilar

08-21-2012

Lore:
Everyone has heard the noises at night that seem to come from under the earth, most ignore the sounds, most should not…
The stories have been passed down for generations by the families of Valoran:
in a time before the first humans sailed across the sea, there was a race of creatures living above the ground,
called the Desmians. They lived in peace on Valoran as one with the earth around them…then the others came.
At first the two races accepted the others’ existence and left each other alone, but as the human race began to grow
so did their cities, and with the cities came the destruction of the earth. The Desmians pleaded with the humans to stop
destroying their home. Annoyed, the humans decided to get rid of the problem…They came with their armor and weapons and
drove the creatures to extinction, or so they thought. The few who survived the slaughter made their way underground
and began to build, in hopes that one day their kind would rise up and take back what once was theirs.

After years the creatures began to change, losing their sense of sight but gaining the ability to see what others could not,
they could feel the living presence of the earth, they became masters of the earth. Living beneath the hard rock and metal
of the earth has calloused these creatures, while living so far from the rest of Valoran turned the once civilized race into savages.
For nearly a millenia the Desmians lived under the earth, out of sight and mind of the humans who had all but destroyed their race.
Though the humans grew to forget, the Desmians would hold their grudge, and it grew into hatred over the years. In the city of Mecabur,
where creatures live blindly, listening to the echoes of the humans and their battles above the ground, lives Dredger the leader of his
race. For years his hatred has grown, he has been listening, learning and honing his skills, waiting for his chance to emerge and strike down
the filth polluting the world above. Now is his time…

We had to apease him and let him join the league, he told us his armies would rise from the earth and bury us while we slept.- Magi of the League

*Warning playing as this champion will be entirely too much fun and may result in loss of friendships IRL and in game proceed with caution.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Champion: Dredger, The Earth Mover
Attachment 866488

This champion is a mole with the ability to dig underground. There are champions that disappear into thin air,
but what about digging underground to cross under terrain to set up an ambush, or make an easy escape?
This champion is tough and is meant to chase and take down enemy champions he can also be used in the
support role by stunning and watching out for enemy champions. I see him more as a jungler with great ganking potential.

Base Stats (first time give constructive criticism)
Stats-------------------------Level 1 -----------------------Level 18
Health: (+89)--------------------420 -----------------------1943
Mana: (+40)---------------------200 ------------------------880
Attack Damage: (+3.8)--------54------------------------- 118.6
Attack Speed: (+.028)--------.625 -------------------------1.10
Armor: (+3.3)---------------------18--------------------------74.1
Magic Resist: (+0)--------------30 --------------------------30
Movement Speed: (+0)------305---------------------------305
Range: (+0)-----------------------125 --------------------------125

*Like I said this is my first time even attempting stats thank you to DarkPercy for the post.
My thought for the stats is that Dredger will be a relatively slow champion on top of the earth
but his speed will increase when going below ground. Also I think of him being able to take a
hit from living beneath the earth for so long, and also because of this he has a strong attack.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abilities (all abilities can be cast underground)

Passive:
Attachment 866492
Super Snooper, "Don't go into the long grass!"
All enemy champions give off a certain aroma which would be color coated. When Dredger hits a enemy champion with an ability, a
trail of scent would be given off allowing for Dredger or his team to hunt the enemy down who was hit and finish them off.
This trail starts to dissipate from where it started after 2 seconds and unlike Nocturnes ability does not harm the enemy just
follows their movement. While on the trail Dredger gains a 15% speed boost.

The second aspect of this passive is that when a champion uses an ability a bigger cloud of aroma
is tossed into the air and can be seen from outside a bush. This serves as an early warning system for Dredger and his team.
Basically if an enemy team is baiting and hiding in a bush and using abilities that will get your team destryoed like nunu or galio ult
you will have a warning system in place, whether you adhere to the warning is your decision.

*The aroma trail will not come into play unless Dredger hits with an ability and then the trail will only follow that champion.
Also the cloud of dust coming from an enemy using an ability can only be seen if Dredger is within normal sight range of where the ability
is used.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q ability:
Attachment 866489
Churning Earth,
A skill shot that takes .5 seconds to get to the target location and once there
if an enemy falls into the hole they become rooted for up to 1.5 seconds. Also they are damaged
over 2 seconds and are slowed for 2 second. This ability can be reactivated to cause the hole to open up sooner
choosing when to root someone, or will make the hole at the end of the path.

Like the other abilities Dregder will shoot the pocket beneath the earth displacing the dirt along its course and slowing the
enemies in its path before opening up the hole at the end of the path. Both the trail and
falling into the hole will do slight damage to enemy champions, while minions are unaffected.

Mana: 55/60/65/70/75
Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10 seconds
Damage: 50/75/85/100/115 (+.35 ap)
Root Duration: .5/.75/1/1.25/1.5
Range: 1100 (ezreal mysic shot)
Projectile Speed: 1400
After effect: enemy is slowed by 10% and takes 15/25/35/45/55 damage (for 2 seconds)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
W ability:
Attachment 866493
Undermine,
This allows Dredger to burrow into the ground able to pass under terrain, becoming untargetable
for the time he is underground (which is 2 seconds at first level and can increase up to 4 seconds) or when
W is pressed again. This ability is a point and click ability, if coming up underneath a wall it will make you come
out on the side you came from before using the ability.

During this ability there will be a trail of displaced earth that is visible to other champions who are in the vicinity
and will show where you go. During the time underground your speed is increased moderately, and you gain a
defense boost upon emergence also you can't be seen only the trail will be visible. At the end of this ability Dredger
pops out of the earth at an angle. Used for an escape from the enemy or to chase down another champion and finish him off.

Mana: 70/75/80/85/90
Cooldown: 20/18/16/14/12
Damage: (none, but slows by 10% to any enemy the trail goes through)
Duration (underground): 2/2.5/3/3.5/4
Movement Speed Bonus: 15/20/25/30/35
After Effects: 25% increased armor and 15% magic resist for 5 seconds after emerging

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E ability:
Attachment 866491]
Resonating Pulse/Mole Patrol

Resonating Pulse,
This ability will act as a sonar system when E is hit a pulse will be sent through the ground every 6 seconds, that will detect enemy
champions within the 625 range stealthed or in the bush revealing nothing past that distance. [/B]Any enemy seen within range of
resonating pulse will only be seen by Dredger, and they will then disappear until the ping goes off again. Only if the enemy is hit with
another ability will they be seen by the whole team.

Mole Patrol,
If Resonating Pulse is activated and the ping goes out Dredger can cast the second half of this ability for 60 mana cost.
Dredger sends out a mole minion that goes to a target area (increasing with level) and grants sight at a target location to you and
your allies. At the target location a mole would keep popping his head in and out of the earth in the immediate area, doing slight damage
to anyone walking through. It will look like a sentry constantly ducking and appearing else where in the target area (700, sight distance of mole 350 area mole pops head in and out of ground) This ability will not grant sight until the mole is popping his head above the ground

Mana:15/20/25/30/35 (per ping of resonating pulse), 60 (upon reactivating to send out mole patrol)
Cooldown: 5 seconds (to reactivate resonating pulse), 30 (seconds to send out mole patrol again)
Range: 625 (Resonating Pulse), 1600/2150/2700/3250/3800 (Mole Patrol)
Damage: 20/30/40/50/60 +.4 ap (Mole Patrol if in the 350 range)
Sight: 700 (sight distance for mole minion), 350 (range of cast area pops head in and out of)
Use: Resonating pulse can just be used if you think there is an enemy champion waiting to ambush in a bush,or
can be used with mole patrol like an ashe hawkshot

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

R ultimate:
Attachment 866490

Fractured Assualt,
Dredger burrows underground, then using a skill shot, gains a speed boost to the specified location. The first enemy that Dredger
comes across during this ult is then pulled below ground. Then using the point and click system taking them underground
to a new location (two second limit on where they emerge).

When an enemy is taken underground in the process they lose teamsight for the duration they are underground, they are
taking damage the whole time until they pop out of the ground along with you. Like the undermine ability this allows
Dredger to pass beneath walls taking his target out of the fight, after emerging from the ground he will gain a big
attack boost. Also a 20% slow will be put onto the enemy after emergence.

Mana: 150/200/250
Cooldown: 150/120/90
Range: 1650/1850/2050 (skill shot the reach of nocturnes ult)
Damage: 175/225/275 (+.55 ad)
Speed Boost: 40/50/60
After Effects: 20% slow applied to enemy upon emergence from the earth

Use: This ability can be used to single out a weak enemy or to take the enemy tank out of the fight.
Another strategy would be to use this ability to take the enemy champion away and then just as soon
use the undermine ability to get right back into the team fight. One way to use this ability is to go straight into the fight
and pull out an enemy from battle. then using undermine go right back in to help the team. Another way is to use undermine
to position yourself to get the enemy you want out of the battle.

*I thought about this ult as a support tool as well as giving it the ability to strand an enemy away from battle.
As a support tool Dredger would be able to grab a friendly champion and take them to a safer or target location,
for this to work the ability would have to be targetable not a skill shot, but I am still thinking on this idea.

Death from Below
Edit: Another suggestion I got was Dredgers' ult being a giant sink hole that sucks all enemies into the center
and throws rocks around doing more damage to enemies closer to the center of the mayhem. I imagine this would
look like Mordekaisers ability where he surrounds himself, but this will be with large rocks and boulders. I like both of the ideas,
again let me know which ability you prefer out of the two ults. Thank you to "WindGuy101" for the suggestions and help

Mana: 150/200/250
Cooldown: 160/130/100
Range: 850 (circle around in the area)
Damage: 100/175/250 (damage per second inside the sink hole, more damage done closer to middle)
After Effects: anyone in the sink hole is slowed by sinking earth and flying rocks by up to 30%
Visual: Dredger dives into the middle of a team fight going beneath the earth and causes a giant sink hole to appear,
sucking everyone within the range down into the pit, rocks flying around the outside of the circle

*Warning playing as this champion will be entirely too much fun and may result in loss of friendships IRL and in game proceed with caution.

Skins:
Overall the theme of this character is based upon the real life mole, this champion should be dark and battle scarred
with sharp talon like claws and should give the appearance of small closed eyes. He could have rock growing from
him not all around just to give him a rough hard look to him. For the concept art I can imagine him sticking out of the ground
with a rock beside him with a hand sticking out to give the appearance that he crushed someone with his ability to manipulate the earth.
One hand would be on the ground around his hole while the other hand would be held up with two rocks spinning in the air above his hand.
Some Alternate skins could include:

Battle Chief Dredger: who would have on armor for his head and chest while also making his claws more intimidating scratches on the armor as well.
Construction Worker Dredger: with a yellow hard hat and blue overalls.
Ballerina Dredger: in a pink tu tu doing a spin for the skin art.
Attachment 866494 Courtesy of Error Screen Thank you!

Quotes
Upon selection: I can dig it!
Taunt: No one will hear your cries beneath the earth
Joke: You know what you find between a rock and a hard place? Me (laugh)

Recommended Items
(tanky build)
• Doran’s Shield
• Mercury Treds
• Phage-Frozen Mallet
• Randuins Omen
• Sunfire Cape
• Frozen Heart

*Give suggestions and most of all get the word out about this champion! I think it's a great addition to league of legends and would love to see it made into a new champion. Thank you to Wisting and Animadar

100 views! work it girl friend
1500 views! datz gud
2500 views nearly 100 comments! lets keep this going thumb up for Dredger in game
twee tousand! pretty good for less than a month
4007 views the 4000 is cool but its the little 7's that go into making it up that are really the most important. Thanks! lets keep it up!!
5002 Views! heyy OO Thank you every body 17 likes may not seem like a lot but thank you to everyone keep up the views and likes, I am working on getting some more concept art dont give up yet!
5555 views! 19 likes i will keep working to improve and get some more artwork stay with this idea and help me keep it bumped!
7000 views, well now how about that, 25 likes and well idk what more we need riot give the 25 ppl what they want!
8000 views getting a bit slow without my constant bumping, maybe riot wants to post on this idea and help it along?
Over 9000! anyway Thanks for all the support with the views, comments, and thumbs I really appreciate it continue to show the love, and who knows. Maybe sometime in the future we can be playing as Dredger emerging from the earth to get rid of that pesky teemo.

Edit: 9/3/12- added pictures of what I wanted the scent trail to look like, also added what the destruction if I choose the second option for Dredgers' ult Also Prairie Dog, because I'm sorry about the google images.Also Tried adding stats for Dredger, I will work on ability stats at a later date

9/4/12- Ok just thought of a new ability but I am not sure if I should get rid of one to replace with this one let me know.
Resonating Pulse, Since Dredger has lived beneath the earth for so many years he has been able to gain the skill of feeling the pulse of movement and can actually see where an enemy is hiding within a distance. With this ability Dredger would pound on the ground revealing enemies a bit beyond the sight radius that are in bushes or stealthed. I really like this ability so I was thinking of getting rid of Mole patrol and putting this ability in its place. Let me know what you think in the comments!

9/6/12- Added my recently aquired ability icons! Thank you to MarcinOn

9/7/12- Rewrote SuperSnooper ability along with churning earth taking the stun reduction down. I also made his movement speed faster and his range a bit longer and increased his MR but took away the per level.

9/8/12- Added to the E ability, it will now incorporate a passive and active mode, the passive will be resonating pulse while the active will be mole patrol. The passive will be used every 45 seconds and only reveals enemies within sight of Dredger who are stealthed or hiding in bushes, but again only within range of his sight.
Not sure if ill change this passive or not but I did change some stats around movement speed decreased, range increased slightly, health increased, and attack speed lowered

9/9/12- Changed stats around again decreased movement speed and range while increasing damage output. Also reworded the passive, Q, W, and E, abilities adding a sprained ankle aspect to the Q that slows and does slight damage over time also changed the E passive to a sonar system as the mole is sent out. Thank you to ploki122for the advice and help

9/10/12- Ok guys really tried adding the numbers to my abilities took me awhile and they may not work but it is a start. If anyone knows more about this than I do I'd appreciate the help. Thank you again for all the reviews and help I have recieved hope I continues to get the same support.

9/14/12- Changed some of the wording to my lore (thank you Chamenas).
I changed churning earth ability to only make a champion fall in at the end of its range, but the trail of displaced dirt will slow and knock aside enemy champions.
Undermine -I just included that the dirt trail slows any enemy directly in the path that is above ground.
Fractured Assualt- didnt change much just gave some tips on its use at the end
Added a couple quotes

9/21/12 Did a lot of revamp today
Lore: added more to explain a little bit about who Dredger is in the last parargraph.
Base Stats: Put down per level increases. no math involved!
Passive: added 15% increasedmovement speed while on the trail
Q: Added root instead of stun took away the knock aside aspect, also made the ability like Anivias where you can reactivate the ability to root before it is at the end of its range, otherwise it will root at the end of its range. Took away making the hole disappear. Made the numbers prettier!
W: Took away the slow upon emergence made the slow to anyone the trail hits, also took away the chance for attacks and abilities to hit just like the vlad pool. Made numbers easier to understand, reduced cooldown and amount of time underground went down from 5 to 4 seconds made it easier to understand.
E: Reworked this ability by changing the ping to the main ability and the secondary will be mole patrol. After each ping of resonating pulse you will have 5 seconds to send out mole patrol before the ping goes off again. reworded the ability hopefully making sense, and made the numbers look pretty good
R: reworded this ability made the slow upon emergence from 10 to 20%increased damage, decreased range. Numbers easier to understand.
Adittional: added recommended items thank you to Walker21. I took awhile for this edit and took suggestions where I thought it would make sense, overall this is my vision and any suggestion given are taken into consideration for improving this concept. Thank you to everyone who chose to review and help!

[I]10/19 couple small changes for this post today.
#1 wanted to thank everyone for their support of this idea it means a lot
#2 Gave a disclaimer at the begining and end of the post
#3 Noted that all abilities can be cast while underground (let me know if this is a good idea or if there should be a bonus included on the casts of these stats when Dredger is underground)

11/11/12 Will today be my lucky day to bring Dredger into the league? also added Sketch from Error Screen

1/1/13 A lot of people have been saying ult OP but I don't know if they realize the ult does not target someone you pretty much run the chance of luck while it is skill based you need to position and time the ult as a skill shot and whoever is hit first will be taken underground you may grab the wrong person you may miss everyone and land in the middle of the enemy base with no escape. Anyway just an update to thank everyone for their views and reviews

2/16/13 Last bump from me for this thread. Thank you to all who gave their support comments and thumbs alike. Here is to hoping we see Dredger in the league at some point in the future!

Wisting

08-21-2012

Biased opinion, but of course I love the concept. Would love to see what others think about his skill set!

Animadar

08-21-2012

I still think the stun is a bit too long.

Kilar

09-01-2012

edit 100 views!

DreamHead

09-01-2012

I love the concept, its really amazing. I would give criticism, but I really love this design.

Talrok

09-01-2012

I like it.

Kilar

09-01-2012

Really excited got this email response

Hello Summoner,

Thanks for getting back to me with this concept! I really like the idea of a champion like this, especially the underground movement and the "Super Snooper" idea were you can see the scent trail to hunt down hiding champions. This concept is well thought out.

I will pass this up and I hope it gets some attention as this is one of the most unique champion concepts I have heard. I would also post on the champion concept forums as I can honestly say the design team tends to look here more often. Hopefully you can get some artwork together to post along with the concept so they can get a visual. I'm thinking he would almost look like Rammus, but with mole-like features.

I will do my best to get this concept noticed, but I can't make any guarantees. Please post it on the concept forums as the design team tends to look here more often:

The League of Legends concept forums forums:
NA - http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...splay.php?f=40

EU West - http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...splay.php?f=48

EU Nordic & East - http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/boar...splay.php?f=48

Thanks again for the great champion concept. I really hope it gets used. As always, if you have any other questions or concerns please let me know. Good luck on the fields of Justice.

Best regards,
King Kold
Riot Games Player Support

Kilar

09-01-2012

bump up the jams

WindGuy101

09-01-2012

Super,Snooper Dredger's since of smell could target not just champions but Majic and other Abilities. Dredger could use this so whenever an enemy champion uses an abilitiy it stirs up Dredger senses showing a cloud of dust where the ability was cast in a large range (information is very powerful, like is NuNu already have his ult going before I go into that bush) in a addition it could increase attack speed for Dredger if attacking that Champion but only if that Enemy casted an ability in the last 3 seconds. (get rid of attack speed larger range on sense and leaves a trail for 3 seconds after ability is cast; Keep attack speed shorter range on sense and poof of smoke shows last location)
Churning Earth Skill Shot line that moves displaces targets hit like Draven's ability but sets a stun trap on the end of it. Trap lasts 1 second per level and stun given lasts half this duration. Mole minions move under ground and set up a trap for unsuspecting champions. Damage decent and spell move speed probally as fast as Ahri's Orb.
UndermineYou Dig underground and can not be disabled but can not attack for 3 second at level 1 and 5 seconds at level 4. You move 20%slower and bonus resistances but send out an AOE that does small magic damage and slows other enemies by 12%/24%/36%/48%. (Dredger could still use this to go under wall or up hills and is a great way to start or leave a fight).
Mole,Patrol Dredger commands one of his minions to pop out of a target location and throw a rock which will reveal the area he was sent to and attack the first target he sees. A short 1 second delay is given before rock is thrown and sight is given and an animation of earth being mounded up is shown to enemies (only enemies in bush can see if cast in bush) range of decent and surpasses the minions vision but vision given by minion is very small since he or she does not sense as well as mighty champion Dredger.
Fractured Assult Dredger creates an AOE centered on him that pulls all enemies to the center for 0.3 second dealing heavy damage as he digs under the Earth creating a massive sink hole causing enemies to be ripped apart by thy churning boulders and jagged rocks.

These are just some ideas inspired by your creation. Thank You. Feel free to use any of them and let me know if you like it.

Kilar

09-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindGuy101 View Post
Super,Snooper Dredger's since of smell could target not just champions but Majic and other Abilities. Dredger could use this so whenever an enemy champion uses an abilitiy it stirs up Dredger senses showing a cloud of dust where the ability was cast in a large range (information is very powerful, like is NuNu already have his ult going before I go into that bush) in a addition it could increase attack speed for Dredger if attacking that Champion but only if that Enemy casted an ability in the last 3 seconds. (get rid of attack speed larger range on sense and leaves a trail for 3 seconds after ability is cast; Keep attack speed shorter range on sense and poof of smoke shows last location)
Churning Earth Skill Shot line that moves displaces targets hit like Draven's ability but sets a stun trap on the end of it. Trap lasts 1 second per level and stun given lasts half this duration. Mole minions move under ground and set up a trap for unsuspecting champions. Damage decent and spell move speed probally as fast as Ahri's Orb.
UndermineYou Dig underground and can not be disabled but can not attack for 3 second at level 1 and 5 seconds at level 4. You move 20%slower and bonus resistances but send out an AOE that does small magic damage and slows other enemies by 12%/24%/36%/48%. (Dredger could still use this to go under wall or up hills and is a great way to start or leave a fight).
Mole,Patrol Dredger commands one of his minions to pop out of a target location and throw a rock which will reveal the area he was sent to and attack the first target he sees. A short 1 second delay is given before rock is thrown and sight is given and an animation of earth being mounded up is shown to enemies (only enemies in bush can see if cast in bush) range of decent and surpasses the minions vision but vision given by minion is very small since he or she does not sense as well as mighty champion Dredger.
Fractured Assult Dredger creates an AOE centered on him that pulls all enemies to the center for 0.3 second dealing heavy damage as he digs under the Earth creating a massive sink hole causing enemies to be ripped apart by thy churning boulders and jagged rocks.

These are just some ideas inspired by your creation. Thank You. Feel free to use any of them and let me know if you like it.
I really like the super snooper idea you came up with when a champion uses an ability a cloud of smoke will appear like shaco's decieve. Also I like the ult idea you had when I first thought of the idea I thought about a giant sink hole that would form beneath everyone. I imagine it would look like mordekaisers ability with rocks going around the area damaging everyone. Thanks for the comment I really apprecaite the help. I may change up some of the abilities I'll let you know

1234511 ... 21