Rengar build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chingalling

08-21-2012

I just bought rengar, played a few bot games, and he is turning out to be surprisingly difficult. ive been building him ad with some ap throw in for an extra punch, assuming he benefits from that, idk, but so far its been difficult for me to finish people off. It seems like in cooperation with his w he would be relatively successful as a tank, tho i havent tried it.

If anyone has any good builds or are particularly experienced with rengar and are willing to share some tips, it would be much appreciated

Khasalianus

08-21-2012

From what Ive seen so far its been his bonetooth, merc treads, triforce, maw of mal, BT (or wriggle's then sell at endgame for BT), and either randuin's or atmas... Though I've only seen moderate success with that so far.

To me, it just feels like he doesn't have enough punch and his passive (the jumping part) really doesn't do much 'cept for ganking. Gonna try a traditional ADC build and Tank build in a bit.

DrunkGrunt11B

08-22-2012

my last build was:

Tri Force
zerker greeves
zekes
tooth
ghost blade
randuins

used Ad and armor runes and 9/21/0 build like i use with Xin. Gave me a little more survivability and nice CD reduction.

Adrian Umbra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

My personal build is a Lanegar starting with boots 3 pots, then transitioning into either a BTN or a HoG. If I got HoG, I'm probably behind, BTN if I'm ahead. Finish boots, then go for Phage. From there, items may include Frozen Mallet, Maw, Randuin's, or a BT, once again depending on what I'm doing.

jewfrosamurai42

08-22-2012

i just played my first game with him (an intermediate bots to get the feel before a real one) and i was jungling. i felt that since his pounce range isnt that big he needs to get boots and health pots first for the speed to gank (i didnt and when i was ganking they were always able to run away from me in time) then the bonetooth necklace for bonuses that you will be getting from the ganks. after that id say finish ur boots get a phage hexdrinker sheen. then finish ur maw and trin force get a zekes then a frozen mallet so...

(key ____*= transition item ____^=final item)
boots of speed+health pots*
bonetooth necklace^
merc treads/ninja tabi^
phage*
hexdrinker*
sheen*
maw of mal^
trin force^
zekes^
frozen mallet^

ALLHAILMEGATRON

08-22-2012

Is tri force really working? ive always gotten phage and just gotten frozen mallet...i just feel like the sheen proc is slow at times...but is it really the way to go?

Aquodox

08-22-2012

On my first game with rengar I went
Mercy treads
phage into frozen mallet
last whisper
GA
maw
Bonetooth

Had great results and was able to gain a lot of survival with good damage. I needed it since I was always targetted for snow balling and carrying our ashe

In the end, I had 25 kills and was one of the most fun I ever had l. I was also very proud of my self for playing so well for my first Pvp match with rengar

BruJ0ff

08-23-2012

My build for rengar is:

doran blade first (for jungle or solotop)
boost
bonetooth
boost (upgrade to mercury or tabi)
frozen mallet
black cleaver
the bloodthirster
last whisper or youmu

This is my build for rengar and the truth is that I have been successful not believe the trinity for rengar since those days was with another rengar I just smashed a warmog and also decided not to use it but it would be better the frozen mallet since the only major difference that I see is the sheen.

Llíam

08-23-2012

I have been building Rengar in this fashion, and it hasn't failed me yet:
-Wriggles (BT later if game lasts that long)
-Mercs
-Tooth
-Trinity
-Maw of Mal
-Randuins/FoN (depending on most damage output)

This allows for great survivability and great damage output.

Only Chris

08-23-2012

I have only lost one game with Rengar thus far and gone positive or neutral with a ton of assists. RUSH BT, its amazing..I presonally get Ninja instead of Merc or Zerk...then build Hexdrinker for Maw, I usually do Whisper for armor pen and flat damage. You do not need AP for Rengar, only AD. His Q is AD based. After that its all up to you whether you go more tanky or straight AD with IE and PD. Personally I go tanky after that with Randuins and Spirit Visage for AP heavy casters.