Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Anyone mind looking at my Xin Zhao build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NetherDrifter

08-21-2012

Ok, I came with this build last night and it has literally been doing wonders for me while I was playing Xin Zhao. It is basically a tanky bruiser build that is designed to combat Xin's frailness . So, without further a due here we go! (Please tell me what you think)

Starter Items: Boots/Pots

First Item: Brutalizer

Boots: Mercury's Treads

Second Item: Wit's End

Third Item: Frozen Heart

Fourth Item: Maw of Malmortius

*Finish Youmoo's*

Fifth Item: Last Whisper

So there you have it, my Xin Zhao build. It basically takes durability, Attack Speed, and Attack damage and wraps it up into one neat little package OF DEATH. I've been enjoying using it and I hope some of you try it and tell me what you think! =)

PogoPogoPogoPogo

08-21-2012

I'm pretty sure Frozen Mallet is pretty standard on all tanky bruisers.

Are you laning or jungling?

SUPERSLEEPY

08-21-2012

yeah i agree with pogo about frozen mallet since after your first burst in there is nothing to stop them from simply flashing out or walking away like maybe sub in fozen armor for like randuins and you get a little more cc on the enemy

PogoPogoPogoPogo

08-21-2012

Actually, looking at this a second time, the build is just kind of all over the place. There's not much synergy to it at all.

Generally, with defensive items, you just need to be flexible. You never know till you get to the match whether MR or Armor is going to more important.

Heek

08-22-2012

Since Xin Zhao has alot of armor pen (and even you are building him with armor pen) I would get rid of the Wit's End and put in maybe a frozen mallet or even a zeal (which you can later build into phantom dancer).

Warrrrax

08-22-2012

Your problem is that you have no health. Remember, Xin can get up to 125(!!!) bonus health/MR when ulting. So what he really needs is a lot of health to max his Effective HP.

I personally prefer jungling him with boots+3pots, then I grab a Warmog then Ghostblade. Thats pretty much the core. An early giants belt makes him very tough to kill at that point and works better than stacking armor/MR just because your health naturally is so low at lower levels.
A regrowth pendant plus his natural sustain from 1 W is plenty for jungling. You complete the warmog whenever possible, but focus more on his damage after getting the giant belt for survival.

Brutalizer helps his damage nicely, especially since he can knock off 15% before flat pen because of his passive (which is a very odd case since %pen normally comes after flat).

Ghostblade gives him a lot of power in a small package. As an autoattacker he wants IE/PD, but thats too expensive. But ghostblade is a mini-version of this, providing the damage and attack speed and mobility for when he ganks.
The best part is that its easier to remember ghostblade usage on him because he already facerolls when he charges! So you should be able to train yourself to use it on a gank or when you attack.

You can then decide what to do from here. Wits End is quite workable for offense and defense if you need the MR. Or a merc tread might be enough MR for you. Aegis if not taken by the support adds all around defense. If you have gotten some kills and are doing alright, consider a stronger offensive profile instead. The Infinites Edge huuugely increases your damage output, esp as you already have some crit from ghostblade. You also have 130% AS from your W and ghostblade clicky. Alternatively Ive had success with a Black Cleaver especially if you have a carry that is doing decently and an AD top. That plus ghostblade+passive = lots of armor pen and it helps the team too. Though IE will do more overall damage, so you have to play it by ear.

With just a Warmog, Xin is really freaking hard to kill and makes a great initiator. He WILL be focused when he charges and ults which allows him to soak an incredible amount of damage and usually not die.

I am actually not a huge fan of the frozen mallet on him because his Charge is so good...AND he can use it multiple times in the same fight with his Q CDreducer....esp if you have ghostblade and ionic boots for 30% CDR. He seems pretty sticky already and for similar gold, Warmog provides almost double the health AND a good deal of health regen to keep him topped off as he jungles. But this is my personal preference.

chuhan123

11-21-2012

gg

chuhan123

11-21-2012

first get a berserker's greaves boot
next get a wriggle's lantern
then get a frozen mallet
after infinity edge
next get a phamtom dancer
finally get a black cleaver

To finish the build sell the wriggle's lantern and change it to blood thrister
and srry my name is CHUHAN not CHUHAN123

Devious Rogue

11-21-2012

Quote:
Warrrrax:
Your problem is that you have no health. Remember, Xin can get up to 125(!!!) bonus health/MR when ulting. So what he really needs is a lot of health to max his Effective HP.

I personally prefer jungling him with boots+3pots, then I grab a Warmog then Ghostblade. Thats pretty much the core. An early giants belt makes him very tough to kill at that point and works better than stacking armor/MR just because your health naturally is so low at lower levels.
A regrowth pendant plus his natural sustain from 1 W is plenty for jungling. You complete the warmog whenever possible, but focus more on his damage after getting the giant belt for survival.

Brutalizer helps his damage nicely, especially since he can knock off 15% before flat pen because of his passive (which is a very odd case since %pen normally comes after flat).

Ghostblade gives him a lot of power in a small package. As an autoattacker he wants IE/PD, but thats too expensive. But ghostblade is a mini-version of this, providing the damage and attack speed and mobility for when he ganks.
The best part is that its easier to remember ghostblade usage on him because he already facerolls when he charges! So you should be able to train yourself to use it on a gank or when you attack.

You can then decide what to do from here. Wits End is quite workable for offense and defense if you need the MR. Or a merc tread might be enough MR for you. Aegis if not taken by the support adds all around defense. If you have gotten some kills and are doing alright, consider a stronger offensive profile instead. The Infinites Edge huuugely increases your damage output, esp as you already have some crit from ghostblade. You also have 130% AS from your W and ghostblade clicky. Alternatively Ive had success with a Black Cleaver especially if you have a carry that is doing decently and an AD top. That plus ghostblade+passive = lots of armor pen and it helps the team too. Though IE will do more overall damage, so you have to play it by ear.

With just a Warmog, Xin is really freaking hard to kill and makes a great initiator. He WILL be focused when he charges and ults which allows him to soak an incredible amount of damage and usually not die.

I am actually not a huge fan of the frozen mallet on him because his Charge is so good...AND he can use it multiple times in the same fight with his Q CDreducer....esp if you have ghostblade and ionic boots for 30% CDR. He seems pretty sticky already and for similar gold, Warmog provides almost double the health AND a good deal of health regen to keep him topped off as he jungles. But this is my personal preference.

Personally, I prefer Mercs, Trinity, BT/Maw, Maw/BT/FM, PD/GA/AI, (Anything Goes)

I get Trinity for the movespeed boost and it's all-round bonuses. It doesn't give you as much health as a Frozen Mallet, but I play Xin more like an Assasin than a Tank.

BT gives him much needed AD. After the BT, he becomes a huge threat because his abilities scale with AD and he gets great AS from his W. BT is occasionally replaced with Maw of Malmortius when he faces a strong AP team.

Next item is usually even more damage in the form of another BT, or a Maw of Malmortius. (Usually, I get BT first so I can charge it) If I grabbed Maw as third item and really need more survivability against an AP Team, I get Frozen Mallet, but that's rare.

Next item I usually get Phantoms if I've gone damage, very rarely Guardian Angel if I think that's what I'll need and Atma's Impaler sometimes if I get Frozen Mallet. Rarely get to the 6th item.

Quote:
NetherDrifter:
Ok, I came with this build last night and it has literally been doing wonders for me while I was playing Xin Zhao. It is basically a tanky bruiser build that is designed to combat Xin's frailness . So, without further a due here we go! (Please tell me what you think)

Starter Items: Boots/Pots

First Item: Brutalizer

Boots: Mercury's Treads

Second Item: Wit's End

Third Item: Frozen Heart

Fourth Item: Maw of Malmortius

*Finish Youmoo's*

Fifth Item: Last Whisper

So there you have it, my Xin Zhao build. It basically takes durability, Attack Speed, and Attack damage and wraps it up into one neat little package OF DEATH. I've been enjoying using it and I hope some of you try it and tell me what you think! =)

Witt's End is the red herring. Xin's abilities scale off AD. Sure, the autoattack damage may be similar, but you want AD, not Magic Damage.

If you're against a mildly strong AP Team, rush your Maw. If you're going against a strongly AP Team, rush your Maw then Frozen Mallet.

I'd also question getting Youmous

Quote:
chuhan123:
first get a berserker's greaves boot
next get a wriggle's lantern
then get a frozen mallet
after infinity edge
next get a phamtom dancer
finally get a black cleaver

To finish the build sell the wriggle's lantern and change it to blood thrister
and srry my name is CHUHAN not CHUHAN123

Greaves is unnecessary on Xin. He gets enough attack speed from his W and other items. You really want Tenacity from Mercs.

Wriggles is very iffy since Xin's already a very capable Jungler/Farmer and he's half Bruiser, half AD Caster, so you want a lot of AD on him and that makes the Wriggles Passive redundant. Yes, there's the ward thing, but really, I feel it's overated.

Infinity Edge is question also. It's only rally good if you're going Crit DPS. Blood Thirster has arguably as much use in battle (possibly higher base damage if charged, Life Steal) and is 1k cheaper.