Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ultimate trolling!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snaketeeth01

08-21-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2495304

No matter how many times I defend myself, it as percieved as arrogance.
I check my ego, I deny my arrogance, I call people out and tell them to prove themselves I get no serious replay's.

I am told I am arrogant, childish, that I am closed minded and refusing to take their help, therefore I am a bad player and deserve to be stuck in 800 elo hell forever.

What started as me trying to start a video project showing strong and weak play's, turned into this slugfest where I became a target extremely quickly.
Once I was the accepted social target, anything I post gets a downvote, and the cuter funnier, offensive thing said toward me, gets more upvotes.
Ok..

So I tell this one person in particular to stop being a commentative judgemental ***** who is only trying to tell me what I am doing wrong. Strop trying to save me from my own bad playing. And just look at the clips I have shown you and appreciate what I am trying to show you overall.

I am trying to compile videos to show the different level's of play needed to sustain your elo and climb your elo.
I have video after video showing failures of teamates in 600's, and how hard I have to work to make up for their constant incompatance to secure one win.
Not one time did I claim that I have had to do this everygame, yet I have been accused of this multiple times, not quoted on this once.

I have shown a replay where I have done well early game, i have pointed out how my team is not centered around me, there in no leadership, no teamwork, i individually rally us toghether, try to make play's, try to do something. I try, I try I try. I show taht I do well, I show that these teamate's did not do well.
Yet the discussion becomes about how i should have done more. How I should have done better.
When my point is actually Look at how much better I perform that this particular team, and they still lose it for me.
What I intend to show is how often this happens in 600-700 compared to 800-900.
This is proof of elo hell right here. Yet this is continually denied because "I've carried myself from 900 to 1400".
Somebody can come around posting that, and get 4 upvotes.
This is a clear example of some randomr guy being arrogant.
He get's upvoted.. I get accused of being childish and arrogant, it get's upvoted.

I make a giant post explaning why I use my early adc build at this current elo and why it has worked for me so well in the 700's, and I know it will not work in the 1200's.
But then I'm told that because I don't play like a 1200, I will not get out of 800.
And here's where we are getting stuck.
Where I am saying "look at my videos showing you these scenerios. Where I cannot rely on my teamates."
And yet, wouldnt 1200's be focused alot more on teamplay?
Not saying things like "omg this bot lane is feeder noob" and saying things like "gj, nice play, gank soon plz".
So I'm being told two different thing's at once, but because anybody other than me said it, it will be upvoted.
When I call something into question, it will be downvoted.

It then also quickly turned into just poking fun of any little detail possible.
On multiple occasion's I have been told It's impossible to read what I'm saying because of my bad grammer.
Wow, really? That's what you have to contribute to this conversation?
Upvoted.

Somebody said they wish this wasnt the internet so they could beat me.
Upvoted.

What sold it for me though was when somebody actually posted that I am so thick headed and arrogant, that this should be sent to the tribunal so pendragon can ban my account and I will wonder why.
So then I look at the summoner's code, skim-read it, and just laughed out loud at how many account's I have seen in multiple violation's.

And yet I go back. I post my thought out replies, I get made fun of. I don't encourage it, it doesn't bother me, I try to keep my point on track which is simply "look at my veiwpoint so that you can see this" But it has been dissected a million time's into I am doing it wrong, and by not listening to the "advice" being hammered into me, and that I am a bad person, and a bad player.

I highlight a clip where i demonstrate multiple strong skills, but then I'm told I'm only being arrogant and get the "congratulations wow your so pro!". Sarcasm. Is it really neccesary? Not at all.
yet no matter how many times I try to drive a point home and have a conversation, it is nonstop harrassment.

So I'm doing the guy a favor, posting this thread link in tribunal.
Any red's that want to start banning some account's, here will be a nice pile of screenames and evidnece against them all.

Obviously I suggest you read my post's thouroughly. If something is confusing, a red would have the civil obedience to say "this is just muddled, what do you mean here?".
yet all I get is the fact pointed out that I spewed a wall of text, and somehow this in itself is something to make fun of me for.
And it get's upvoted.
You can see me multiple time's trying to prove my point. Trying to show that I do have strengths when all that is said about me is how I have weakness. And then I expose my weak games. They arn't hidden, I do not care. These clips show that even in games where I do not perform well in early game i still have the teamwork and effort to make some great comebacks so long as my team can carry some of the weight.
This is one point i am using to prove elo hell.
Where are a certain point you can expect a certain level of competance from your team that even though things look bad, you can work as ateam capitilize on a single mistake and turn it around.
I see this now in low 800's.
In 600's I see a higher percentage of feeder's, afk's, rage quitter's. Scenerio's that turn into a guarentee'd lose, when before you had a chance to win.
The fact that as I progress in elo and see these dissappear, is proof that elo hell exists.
And I have video footage of it all.
That is what I have been saying, that is what I have been trying to show.
I have done this over and over and over again.

Yet every post I see, is about how bad I am.

Could somebody please explain to me, why a community as a whole can completely ignore somebody trying to do a positive project to provide something to a community.. but they take it and focus all the attention on trolling me, and making me mad bro.
I've even pointed out it is their arrogance that causes them to feel gratification in putting me down. The responce I got was that i am being arrogant and not taking their pro advice to get me out of elo hell.
And they get upvoted.

I post on how I am being yelled at being told what to do, how and why i do not see it as advice.
I'm being arrogant, upvote.

Seeing the trend here?

JohnnyOmega

08-21-2012

Calm down and have some waffles.

Tethin

08-21-2012

plz stop posting.

Silverraptor

08-21-2012

There are plenty of livestream sites. Try livestream pro or twitch.tv and make sure you post proof that you stream everyone one of your ranked games like posting the history or whatever. Also, people are only critiquing your build initially because they want to give you advice to improve your own play. Don't snap back at them. If they do, try instead saying, "Thanks for the advice, but I'd like this build I developed and it works alright for me at them moment." Then move on. It stops the troll war before its begun because you haven't made your self a target to begin with.

And while were on the topic of item build advice, that is a large part of increasing ELO. The first thing you can do is improve your play skill before you can criticize others. And besides, look at it this way: If you do the correct build everyone expects of you, yet you're still stuck in 800 ELO, that only reinforces your point that ELO Hell exists! Then no one will doubt you when you show this kind of evidence. And if you do start clawing your way out of ELO Hell, that also means something good is happening as you're also advancing in skill as a player.

Shiister

08-21-2012

I don't get the point of the thread, anyone care to fill me in?

Magus Crow

08-21-2012

If that's checking your ego I dont think I want to see you unleash the thing.

Seriously, you get to the first sentence of the second paragraph and decide to throw out a randow 'screw you'? It gets worse from there. Maybe you should have some of Johnny Omega's waffles and reflect on how you could have gone about that without making yourself seem like an incredible ******.

Magus Crow

08-21-2012

Quote:
Shiister:
I don't get the point of the thread, anyone care to fill me in?

Guy qqing that he used a tone that made him sound like a ****** in a thread he made and subsequently 'getting trolled' when apparently he thought he was only trying to put up an informative thread.

theshim

08-21-2012

I'm only up to the eighth page and I'm going to stop right there.

You keep saying things like "NO ONE UNDERSTANDS". Perhaps, just maybe, instead of EVERYONE ELSE being wrong, the party who needs to take a step back is you?

I mean, you've repeatedly rejected criticism. You have, over and over, deflected blame and minimized your own failures while maximizing your teams'. You are completely unreceptive to any advice - no one was flaming you until you started replying with "I know how to play MY champion".

Yes, you absolutely are arrogant. You parade yourself with lines like "I adapt to the game" without actually having any clue why the pros build the way they do. Do you not understand that these people are at a higher level because they are far, far better at League of Legends than you? And perhaps they know the ideal builds better than you? And how to itemize for different situations?

The answer is no. You've completely refused to listen to any advice, dismissed people as negative and useless on the first page of the thread, and only go downhill from there.

People did not start by trolling you. But at this point the people reading the thread are simply laughing at you. You are not open to advice, or debate, or even conversation. You are so blinded by your own arrogance that you don't realize it.

I'm being perfectly honest here: I would leave that thread. Don't reply to it, don't check it, just forget it exists. Nothing productive is going to come of continuing to reply to it, and you'll only aggravate yourself further.

Snaketeeth01

08-21-2012

I'm already sensing the same thing going on here.
Yes the first post should have been more thought out, and I should have realized beforehand that I have to quadruple check anything that is ever posted online.

What I am feeling is that all these "kids" in my eye's just live on these forum's. I see the same reaction's, the same thought processes, the same "hate on this guy so we can upvote the hatred" I see this on every forum everywhere. That is internet.
I personaly try to avoid spending time on forum's, because the maturity level that I see is just a shame. It's worse than grade school.

Even here very quickly you simply state that I do not understand why stronger player's have stronger build idea's than me. And maybe I will not be stuck in the 800's.
I did not claim or express that I feel I am stuck in the 800's. You said this about me. And you have 3 upvotes. This already proves my point.
I am not being egotistic about this, I am not being arrogant or cocky. I am looking at you acting as if I am crying about being stuck in 800's, without me claiming.
I have expressed to many that I have carried myself from 550-to my current 800 by playing my way, and here is how i play.

the "advice" has been given to me there the same as it is here. Starting on my builds. I know that I am not building like a 1600, because I have never been a 1600, nor do I care if i ever become a 1600.
You say their builds are superior to mine, I'll agree to that.
You saying that I need to learn them and use them if I want to grow as a player, and rise in elo.
I will agree to that.
But when people are telling me that i need to learn them and play with them. That I do not agree to.

When i log into league of legends and jump into ranked, I have every right to and to do it for my own reason's, and to play for my own reason's.
I play to win and grow, but I still play for fun.

If you need to be sum up one mission statement I could whip that up to make it clear again what I hope to show. I'm not just trying to create a live stream of "here is my playing". I have no interest int hat, there is already tonnes of that at all levels of play. I am looking for clips and compilation's demonstrating the different struggles at different level's of play. This is exposing myself just as much as my "bad teamates". That is fair, I'm fine with this. I've admitted to making mistakes.

Also to theshim:
Yes, you absolutely are arrogant. You parade yourself with lines like "I adapt to the game" without actually having any clue why the pros build the way they do. Do you not understand that these people are at a higher level because they are far, far better at League of Legends than you? And perhaps they know the ideal builds better than you? And how to itemize for different situations?

I do adapt to the game. And for whatever reason you use a comma to tie that in with me not having any clue why the pros build like they do.
Not only do you link those together, but you claim that because I do not know how the pro's play, is why I do not adapt to my game.
Ok.
I do not watch pro's play. Simple. I do not know why the pro's build like they do. I don't.

I do understand these people are at higher elo's than me because they are better than me.
I've never claimed to be as good as they are. Nor did I claim to be better than all my teamates in every game. But I did make claim that i do have team's where I am the strongest player.
Everybody does.. in any match somebody has to be the best. What is wrong with the notion that I can be the best on my team?
I don't need recognition that this happen's, nor do I need this to be ackowledged. But when people accuse me of being the leading cause of all my losses in every game despite me showing clip's in which I excel and demonstrate strong play. I am proving myself, yet because somebody accuse me of being bad, it as accepted as truth, and I not only have to accept that, I have to be told that constantly in 100 different way's.
Again, read the summoner's code.

And then you go to say that I refuse to head advice.
Well I'm not going into detail on this one, but one thing i hope to show with this video series is how playing this certain way may work here in 1000 elo, but if you try that stuff at 600, you will fail hard because you are playing "too good". I can say this because I was stuck in 600 elo hell for a long time. And then I stopped and looked at what was going on, and found that I was playing too good in comparison to the player's around me. I had to play at "their level" to be able to work with them.
Even now I still get that lanemate that i have horrible chemistry with and simply cannot play with.
This happen's alot less at a higher elo.
I know this because I have seen it, and in the end will show it.

Based on what I have seen I can say that the playstyle that I have used and the builds that I have used have worked for me through 700 elo. In no way do I claim that this will work in 1200's.
But then somebody come's around and blindly say's..
"your build is ****, that will not work in 1200".
Explain to me how this is him coming to me and giving me constructive criticism on my build?
Meanwhile, not once did I ask for criticism on my build. So these people that just say "do this instead of this, because taht is ****" Are not giving me advice.
People that say "watch the pros play". Are not giving me advice.
This is not advice, it is trying to tell me what to do and it is commentary. I have a personal decision whether or not I choose to listen to this commentary. I choose to not watch the pros play, and I choose to continue to play my way, because it works for me.
I have also started this and said that can show this again by comparing 700 elo play, to 800 elo play. I am only now breaking into a high enough elo that i am consistantly seeing better teamate's that i can rely on. So only now am I able to explore new builds, and tweak my gaming.
I have stated this, and I am fully aware of this.
So I am an adaptive and gorwing player. I have the video of me doing this as I tweaked my way into my "current cait build". But again, because you state that I do not play this way, and you state that I am unaware of these thing's. It becomes the accepted truth, and you are sitting on the upvotes.

Not once here have I demonstrated arrogance, I have shown my personal thought process, my opinions, my veiwpoints, and not once did I say that you are wrong. I merely pointed out how you can speak out against me and be praised for it.
And here I am making my point's, my argument, my debate, my side of the conversation.. However you want to handle it. If you want to have a conversation with me about how pro player's are better than me, that's not a very interesting conversation. I know this, I don't care.

You seem to show the slightest interest in taking this seriously.
But here, now, you see how I am showing my side of thing's my version of thing's. And yet in that specific thread, every time I have done this, look at the replies that I get.
Look at how they do not reply to what I say, they just repeat something that was said 5 pages ago.
Meanwhile while they remain closed minded, do not accept my veiwpoint or opinion's, they continue to force their opinions on me. How I am a bad player. How I am arrogant. How I am egotistic.
And as I disprove these thing's, it only results in more flaming and continued attack.
I'm not *****ing about this, it's all sitting right there, I'm just pointing it out.
You can see it for yourself.

Again, I will refer you to the summoner's code.
I have given you a thought out respectful reply explaining my situation.
And now the next post after me is an opportunity for the community to give me a similar response to what I recieved there proving that it as a toxic community focused on pointing out a black sheep.

Or it will be a post with a thoughtful response to what I have just said.

Take your time.

Magus Crow

08-21-2012

Wow. Just wow.

You dont listen to advice, refuse to admit that you dont listen to advice. Say that you dont care about builds or playstyles or why people build certain items in certain circumstances but then proceed to tell us that you 'play too good for my ELO'. And then you claim that you have no ego nor arrogance despite all of this.

Now at this point I'm going to say that you have every right to build whatever you want on whoever you want and pay no attension to anyone who tries to give you a bit of advice (to an extent anyway, 5x boots of speed is still trolling....). But PLEASE dont try to tell us that you know better than professionals (who you dont watch and dont understand) or tell us that your way can carry reliably.