AP Tank Melt items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leksilijum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2012

I like playing ADC most, and if I face a tanky team, problem solved by building the Bloodrazor. But what about when I play mid? Should I buy the Deathfire Grasp? Can it compare to Bloodrazor in usefulness afainst high HP champions?
Tnx in advance!

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2012

Problem is NOT solved by the bloodrazor actually. Bloodrazor sucks. If they have lots of armor to mitigate physical damage, chances are they have a good deal of magic resist to mitigate magical too. And you have ZERO magical penetration as an ADC.

So with 200 MR, bloodrazor is adding a whopping 1.3% of their max health per hit.(1/3rd of 4%) Wow.

Plus this damage is magical, not physical so it doesn't even work with your crit. Why spend all that gold in an Inf Edge, have high crit chance, 260% crit damage, lifesteal, and then get magical onhit damage that doesnt scale with crit nor work with lifesteal?!

Its just dumb as hell when you think about it. ADCs already outscale tanks significantly.

With 300 AD, 2.0 AS, 50% crit, your DPS is: 300x2.0 = 600 plus 50% chance of 160% extra dmg = 80% of 600 = 500.
Total of 1100 DPS. 400 AD with 100% crit @2.0AS is 2080 DPS!

Even with hundreds of armor, you cut it in half with Last Whisper and your APen, then deal sooo much damage that they still melt pretty quickly.

==================
Deathfire grasp isn't really an anti tank item so much as a per-champion basis item. It is especially good for champs that can make use of its properties, being CDR, MP5, and need the additional nuke. AP Sion is a great example of a DFG user.

Void staff is really what you want. The 40% penetration is huge and significantly increases your damage.

But honestly these help but aren't counters. After all, do you really expect there to be items that allow you to totally negate tankiness?? I mean, what would the point of being a tank be, if the enemy can just buy 1 item and negate it all?

Instead of worrying about the tanks, SHOOT THE NON TANKS INSTEAD!

FlowyS

08-21-2012

Tanky items like Guardian Angel, Banshee's Veil, and Randuin's Omen are also anti tank because it makes it a lot harder for tanky characters to deal damage to you. Having just one Randuin's Omen will allow most ADCS to 1 vs 1 tanky AD characters.

corallein

08-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
Deathfire grasp isn't really an anti tank item so much as a per-champion basis item. It is especially good for champs that can make use of its properties, being CDR, MP5, and need the additional nuke. AP Sion is a great example of a DFG user.
PSA: Deathfire Grasp no longer has any MP5, so it's seeing far more use on many champions like Vlad.

Leksilijum

08-21-2012

Sorry, I think I was misunderstood. I do not play against tanks, but sometimes the enemy team is just a tanky team... Gragas on mid, Jarvan solo top, Lee Sin jungle, and that's all you need to make you cry. Bloodrazor is useless against tanks, but tanky champions that don't build up MR? Could be useful.
Besides, it does give some sustain and having infinity just makes you focused down in teamfights, at least that's my experience. Though I haven't really played ADC into lategame for a while.

Is Deathfire Grasp a good Katarina item?

Leksilijum

08-21-2012

And another VERY NOOB question: Does penetration actually deal more damage by itself? Or does it just negate resistances?

zliplus

08-21-2012

Penetration just negates resistances, but everyone has resistances. It's only wasted if you have so much penetration + reduction (abyssal, various champ abilities) that the opponent's reduced to 0, which is unlikely later in the game.

FaerellG

08-21-2012

because of how resistances work, penetration generally is stronger than straight up AP or AD. It usually nets you more damage.