Dr. Mundo - Force of nature

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judas Priest

08-21-2012

Stacking Warmogs is the propper way of playing Dr. Mundo:

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...updated-113745

The damage comes from a non stoping DPS from his W and his Sunfire Cape, chasing with Q. I'll try an Atma's Impaler next match, instead of a 3rd Warmog. But I don't know, I feel I need that regen in team fights.

Cenerae

08-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre Judas View Post
Stacking Warmogs is the propper way of playing Dr. Mundo:

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...updated-113745

The damage comes from a non stoping DPS from his W and his Sunfire Cape, chasing with Q. I'll try and Atma's Impaler next match, instead of a 3rd Warmog. But I don't know, I feel I need that regen in team fights.
Mobafire is a bad site to use for guides. Most of the guides there sound good on paper but are actually awful.

Try this one, if you have to copy a guide: http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=23613

It's written by one of the best junglers in the game. Yes, it's a jungle guide, but you can take the build principles from it just the same. Notice he only gets one warmog, and doesn't get a sunfire cape?

The reason is, that once you have a certain amount of health, stacking more of it is less effective for defensive purposes than getting armor/MR. Sure, it synergises with Mundo's ult and passive, but that health goes down much faster because you're just a big sack of hitpoints and nothing else. You need to strike a good balance between your health and your armor/mr.

As for sunfire cape, you pay a lot of gold to get that aura, and the aura doesn't do much for you outside of the very early game. Unless you can go back in time when sunfire cape could stack, it's not really worth the investment.

Judas Priest

08-21-2012

Sunfire Cape gives armor and Force of Nature gives MR, Warmogs synergize with his passive and turns his ult an amazing ace of spades in team fights. I see nothing wrong with this build and it's doing very well on practice, not only on paper. But I'll try this solomid guide later.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

08-21-2012

Quote:
Sunfire Cape gives armor and Force of Nature gives MR, Warmogs synergize with his passive and turns his ult an amazing ace of spades in team fights. I see nothing wrong with this build and it's doing very well on practice, not only on paper. But I'll try this solomid guide later.
Here's the problem. You can't make a post asking for suggestions, and then turn down every suggestion and say "I see nothing wrong with this build."

If you see nothing wrong with the build, and you're going to maintain that attitude despite people giving you well-informed, logical reasons why you might have a problem here or there with the build, then don't make the post in the first place.

If you see nothing wrong with the build, but your posting because you're pretty sure there's something wrong with it, you just can't see, then don't turn down every suggestion that's made. Try things out.

As for the Atma's Impaler idea, it's not the worst idea. With enough health, it becomes a gold-efficient item. At 3,000 health, Atma's Impaler will provide 45 attack damage. And if I've done my math right, Dr Mundo has around 3,000 health just from his base health and one Warmog's armor.

B.F. Sword also has 45 attack damage. B.F. Sword costs 1650. Atma's Impaler costs 2355. A chain vest costs 700 and provides the same 45 armor that Atma's Impaler provides you. 1650 + 700 = 2350. So you're basically paying 5 gold for for 18% critical strike when you're at 3,000 health.

And of course, building any other item with health on it will just increase the value you're getting out of Atma's Impaler. I mean really, the 18% critical strike on Atma's Impaler is worth 830 gold (Cloak of Agility) and the 45 armor is worth 700 gold (B.F. Sword). 2355 - (830+700) = 825. So as long as you're getting AD worth 825 gold, you're doing fine with Atma's Impaler. Well, 825 gold worth of AD works out to be 22.5 attack damage (half a BF Sword). In order to get 22.5 AD out of Atma's Impaler, you need 1500 health. At any point beyond 1500 health, you're at least breaking even on Atma's Impaler. And the more health you have, the more value you get out of it (I almost always build it on Volibear).

Judas Priest

08-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Here's the problem. You can't make a post asking for suggestions, and then turn down every suggestion and say "I see nothing wrong with this build."

If you see nothing wrong with the build, and you're going to maintain that attitude despite people giving you well-informed, logical reasons why you might have a problem here or there with the build, then don't make the post in the first place.

If you see nothing wrong with the build, but your posting because you're pretty sure there's something wrong with it, you just can't see, then don't turn down every suggestion that's made. Try things out.

As for the Atma's Impaler idea, it's not the worst idea. With enough health, it becomes a gold-efficient item. At 3,000 health, Atma's Impaler will provide 45 attack damage. And if I've done my math right, Dr Mundo has around 3,000 health just from his base health and one Warmog's armor.

B.F. Sword also has 45 attack damage. B.F. Sword costs 1650. Atma's Impaler costs 2355. A chain vest costs 700 and provides the same 45 armor that Atma's Impaler provides you. 1650 + 700 = 2350. So you're basically paying 5 gold for for 18% critical strike when you're at 3,000 health.

And of course, building any other item with health on it will just increase the value you're getting out of Atma's Impaler. I mean really, the 18% critical strike on Atma's Impaler is worth 830 gold (Cloak of Agility) and the 45 armor is worth 700 gold (B.F. Sword). 2355 - (830+700) = 825. So as long as you're getting AD worth 825 gold, you're doing fine with Atma's Impaler. Well, 825 gold worth of AD works out to be 22.5 attack damage (half a BF Sword). In order to get 22.5 AD out of Atma's Impaler, you need 1500 health. At any point beyond 1500 health, you're at least breaking even on Atma's Impaler. And the more health you have, the more value you get out of it (I almost always build it on Volibear).
You misunderstood my post, I'm not asking what is wrong with this build, he is just great. My question was specific about Force of Nature, not about Mundo, nor about this mobafire build. I just wanted to know if I should buy FoN even though the enemy don't deal magic damage, and that's all. The question was answered suggesting to buy Randuin's Omen, and I'm fine with that. Now, concerning the other aspects of the build, which was NOT initially related to this thread at all, I may agree or may not agree.

About Atma's, I don't know if its critical and AD would be significant because most of my kills comes from W (+ Sunfire Cape) and chasing with Q. I don't usually autoattack the enemy that much and Mundo's abilities don't scale with AD. But I'll give it a try later.

XCodes

08-21-2012

Quote:
Again, the people you're playing are terrible if you're getting kills with that build. Either that or you're just playing cleanup, and not making that amazing of a contribution to teamfights. In all seriousness, one Negatron Cloak and you're just a speed bump to most champions in the game.

In any case, you never buy any item for a single effect, ever, unless the item only has one effect to begin with (like IE and/or Deathcap to boost damage). It's always a waste of gold to ignore large portions of an item's value like the single-largest-MR-boost-in-the-game on FoN.

Also, Mundo has an AD Steroid on E that will scale with crit/AS very well. If PD's movespeed bonus gets moved over to Cloak and Dagger, as has been suggested will be the case on the ID forum, then that + Zerker and Atma's on Mundo could turn him into a pretty crazy tanky DPS beast.

Also, even though you already have a source of slow with your Cleaver, you can (and should) still stack that with Frozen Mallet. Replace one of those Warmogs with one.

Syferfyre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
If you are so ****ed good, don't bother posting and asking for help.

You stack 5000+ health with 0 magic resist and 45 extra armor which is stupid as hell. You use SORC SHOES of all things and rely on your cleaver/Aura to do damage. You are a baddie.
Like you? :O

xD couldn't resist

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

Ha! He really IS making multiple accounts to downvote. What a loser. Asks for opinions then turns down every one of them. Who stacks 7000 health and DOESN'T take atmas?!?