Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dr. Mundo - Force of nature

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judas Priest

08-21-2012

Is Force of Nature still a good pick for Dr. Mundo due to the 1,75% HP5 even if the enemy team does not deal magic damage (when they are full AD and physical)? If not, what would be a good substitute for it?

I'm currently following this build:

1. Sorcerer's Shoes
2. Warmog
3. Force of Nature
4. Sunfire Cape
5. Warmog
6. Warmog

Philantrophe

08-21-2012

keep it incase they get a mardreds

Warrrrax

08-21-2012

I think FoN sucks, because most of its cost goes into health regeneration. Even hundreds of HP5 don't mean much during battle and are only good for out of combat recovery, which Mundo already covers nicely. Especially with a vamp scepter and the warmog he already has.

Granted, if they are heavy AP then you might need the negatron and probably want to turn it into something lategame. If not a QSS, then FoN it is since banshee sucks for you.
-------------------

Your other problem is that you are too tanky and have wayy too much health and not enough actual armor/MR. Especially armor.

You basically deal no damage. Cleaver hits hard if they are at high health but otherwise you have a whopping 130 dmg/sec aura and THATS IT. Your AS sucks, so your AD-steroid is mostly useless.

You are a giant blob that is easily ignored while they focus down your carries.

A better build will start out with some health gain and regen, then transition into armor/MR while balacing effective health and defense with Offense.

My mundo build jungle looks liike: 9-21-0, Attack speed runes with armor/MR/movespeed.

Cloth+5pots.
-> Ninja tabi for quick usage of cloth and cheapest L2 boots.

Giants belt/ruby crystal/regrowth pendant. Whatever you can afford.
-> Warmog upgrade. You are now really tough!

At this point you have maxed your Aura and it does much of your damage. BUT, we want to transition into a build where your AD steroid is useful.

+ Wits End - hugely helps clear time and provides excellent magic resistance. Works great with your AD steroid.

You then build based on need. Good items are:

* Aegis - well rounded defenses.
*Atmas - excellent for Mundo, plus adds more armor. Tabi+this+runes+natural+defensive = decent armor.
*Triforce - movespeed booster, big damage booster. All around goodness despite AP/mana sucking.
* Frozen Mallet - kind of redundant with Warmog. Id get 1 or the other not both.
* Thornmail - Youve got the health... this gives you the fat armor without wastefulness of frozen heart.

Theres lots of great builds, some with piecemeal health (randuins, aegis, mallet,etc), some with warmog early which I prefer.
But you NEED to have some offense. Your need to be able to Attack their carry and STICK TO THEM dealing high damage consistently so the enemy is FORCED to deal with you.

Judas Priest

08-21-2012

Mundo "basicaly deals no damage"? lol he is a natural born killer, dude. I usually score around 10 kills per battle. And I'm not "easily ignored" at all, check my status at LoL King. If they ignore Mundo, they are aced. (ps: I'm not saying I'm good, because I know I'm not; I'm just saying Dr. Mundo is a good champion)

Warrrrax

08-21-2012

If you are so ****ed good, don't bother posting and asking for help.

You stack 5000+ health with 0 magic resist and 45 extra armor which is stupid as hell. You use SORC SHOES of all things and rely on your cleaver/Aura to do damage. You are a baddie.

t3hep1cf47m4n

08-21-2012

Quote:
Warrrrax:
If you are so ****ed good, don't bother posting and asking for help.

You stack 5000+ health with 0 magic resist and 45 extra armor which is stupid as hell. You use SORC SHOES of all things and rely on your cleaver/Aura to do damage. You are a baddie.

he's not asking for help, he's asking for an opinion, which i would assume that even the pros talk about such things amongst themselves.

and sorc shoes is good on mundo for that cleaver damage, noob.

XxxLumberJackxxX

08-21-2012

Is it possible to ban people like warrax for trolling?

XCodes

08-21-2012

Quote:
Padre Judas:
Mundo "basicaly deals no damage"? lol have you ever played Dr. Mundo? He is a natural born killer, dude. I usually score at least 10 kills per battle. And I'm not "easily ignored" at all, check my status at LoL King. If they ignore Mundo, they are aced.

Rule #1 of Solo QQ: Unless they play for money, they're bad.

Judas Priest

08-21-2012

I appreciate everybody who is giving their opinions concerning my initial question, which is: "Is Force of Nature still a good idea for Dr. Mundo if the enemy team do not deal magic damage, due to her % HP regen?"

ps: let's just ignore the troll

Cenerae

08-21-2012

Buying FoN soley for the HP regen is a waste of gold.

You could have bought something far more useful, like a Randuins.

P.S - you do not need 3 warmogs. That's just overkill. I dunno how you manage to get 'loads of kills' with that build given you neglected to get an Atma's to take proper advantage of all that health. And there's more to being tanky than being a giant flabby sack of health anyway.

P.P.S - Warrax wasn't trolling. Please stop using multiple accounts to downvote him just because he disagreed with you, OP. It's sad.