Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Mudlomen, the Loamly One

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Éidolon

Senior Member

08-21-2012

Mudlomen, the Loamly One
Tank, AD Carry

513631


Passive:
if Mudlomen does not move, his body hardens into clay reducing his attack speed and movement speed over a short time drastically to an eventual stand still over two seconds. However the skin hardening adds Defense/Mag resist. If Mudlomen locks up he gains 100% Mag and Def... but can't attack. If he begins moving again he gradually gains his attack speed and movement speed back. He can also use Shatter to remove the Lock-Down.

Q
Fling
Mudlomen throws a Club, stunning any enemy hit for .25/.5/.75/1/1.25 Seconds and dealing 20/30/40/50/60 (+1) (Basic attack value). Landing at the end of it's path. Mudlomen has his basic attack damage reduced by 15/13/11/9/7% unless he picks it up at the thrown location or until cooldown refreshes it'll form again on his hand.


Cooldown: 20/18/16/14/12 or if he picks it up from the ground it's refreshed.
Radius: 900
Mana 40/50/60/70/80

W
Melting Walk
Toggles to leaves a trail of mud footprints which slow enemy units movement speed by 5%/10/15/20/25 the trail lasts 1/2/3/4/5 seconds. If Mudlomen is locked up he greatly reduces the attack speed of anyone attacking him by 10%/20/30/40/50

Cooldown: 5/4/3/2/1 upon Deactivating
Mana: 5 per second.

E
Re-Mold/Shatter
Mudlomen hardens increasing his Armor value and Mag Res by 100% and slowly healing 50/75/100/125/150 hp per 5 seconds. If deactivated early he get's increased movement speed and attack speed by 5%/10%/15%/20%/25% (+ 2%added per second while re-molding) for 5 seconds and his next basic attack stuns the enemy for 1 second. If he finishes remolding he heals another 25% more from the amount healed. If Re-Mold is used while already in a locked up state, Mudlomen breaks from it, increasing his movement speed and his next attack stuns, bypassing the heal.

Cooldown: 30/27/24/22/19
Mana: 40

R
Claymation
Mudlomen jumps straight up then rockets back down and explodes to deal a splash AOE effect remolding himself right after, spreading a puddle of his Mud all over the area. Enemies in the area get covered in mud and there movement speed/ attack speed is slowed by 20/40/60% for 5 seconds. If an enemy unit is stunned, slowed from any other effects or stops moveing while covered in mud for too long they lock up for 2/3/4 seconds. Mudlomen's next basic attack critical hits, shattering them and taking an added 100%/200/300 of Mudlomens Phys Damage. Enemies that lock up gain 100% Mag and Def against Mudlomen's Allies attacks.


Mudlomen started off as a challenge to create a Champion which can go top lane but not jungle. Well here he is!



Like this concept? Feel free to use my index to check out some of my others organized Alphabetically.
Ayebusi, the Master of Reflection (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2758086)
Binzo, the Eggxecutioner (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2964938)
Destiny, Hand of Fortune (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=28591727#post28591727)
Doom, the Seed of Evil (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2519008)
Eidolon, the Shadow Stalker (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2490711)
Flux, Man of Irrediance (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2763016)
Luts, the Chaotic Mistress (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2737219)
Meme, the Demonic Mime (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2571638)
Mudlomen, the Loamly One (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2498175)
Pegi, the Deck-swabbing Swashbuckler (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2520069)
Petaloutha, Beauty's Serenade (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=28663944#post28663944)
Pigginz, the Officer (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3093372)
Piggz, the Handyman (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2743554)
Psi, the Sly (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2539973)
Rhionor, the Raging Executioner (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2506365)
Sfi'ka, the Venomous Joust (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=28661809#post28661809)
Sgt. Beaves, the Angry (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2599370)
Shar'ebe'brus, the Jaws of Pain (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=30446781&posted=1#post30446781)
Shreak, the Prima Donna (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=29571201#post29571201)
Sleth, the Lethargic (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=28727887#post28727887)
Subgoro, the Frozen Skeleton (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=30551124#post30551124)
Tsunai, Mist of the Isles (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=30638899#post30638899)
Varat, the Bloodsucker (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2536944)
Xaos, the Mastermind (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2766029)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arixa

Recruiter

08-21-2012

Passive: This is mechanically weird but sounds like fun. Interesting game play options.

Q: Stupidly broken in the chase case. Look at undertow, it doesn't fully refresh, doesn't do this much damage, slows instead of stun, and it still is pretty bonkers for chasing. Being able to chain stun someone into oblivion is a problem Remove the stun and I like the rest of it.

W: Not really sure what use this minor slow is. It is basically just enough to make chasing him over long distances feel frustrating but not enough to really save him from ganks or cc targets while trying for kills.

E: Hmm a meditate that rewards you for breaking it early. I like it but.....why wouldn't I always break it 1/10th of a second before its over? Should probably be some benefit to letting it complete too.

R: This sounds cool. Does it do damage? It probably should. The combo potential with other aoe cc might be too much depending on the numbers on the "lock up". Otherwise I like the flavor of getting covered in drying mud.

Overall: Feels like a Mudman. I like the kit overall and really don't think it needs more than play testing and a few little tweaks. Good job.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Éidolon

Senior Member

08-21-2012

Quote:
Arixa:
Passive: This is mechanically weird but sounds like fun. Interesting game play options.

Q: Stupidly broken in the chase case. Look at undertow, it doesn't fully refresh, doesn't do this much damage, slows instead of stun, and it still is pretty bonkers for chasing. Being able to chain stun someone into oblivion is a problem Remove the stun and I like the rest of it.

W: Not really sure what use this minor slow is. It is basically just enough to make chasing him over long distances feel frustrating but not enough to really save him from ganks or cc targets while trying for kills.

E: Hmm a meditate that rewards you for breaking it early. I like it but.....why wouldn't I always break it 1/10th of a second before its over? Should probably be some benefit to letting it complete too.

R: This sounds cool. Does it do damage? It probably should. The combo potential with other aoe cc might be too much depending on the numbers on the "lock up". Otherwise I like the flavor of getting covered in drying mud.

Overall: Feels like a Mudman. I like the kit overall and really don't think it needs more than play testing and a few little tweaks. Good job.


Thanks Arixa! so I've tweaked up his skills.

Q: Made it a slow effect instead of a stun, it's slow is a short duration and doesn't deal all that much so it should be fun to chase down the enemy throwing clubs at him. Also the thing about catching the clubs is that an enemy champion can change the direction of his run, rendering the feature pretty time consuming to get it back. If the enemy gets hit near Mudlomen the Club still flies the full range, making it easy to escape consecutive slows. Though I do feel like it was better as a stun.

W: That's pretty much the point.. to make is so that enemies have a hard time reaching him.. however if he gets Slowed or Stunned... all he has to do is hold position and Harden Up.. when he does the enemies attacks are slowed drastically with it active and he gains his passive bonus... Throw his pseudo Meditation in and it'll make for a perfect counter-attack if he reaches low hp!

E: I made it so that if he waits the full duration of the Re-Molding he gains another 25% bonus heal in the end. The healing over time alone isn't much, but enough to help him sustain damage, with his passive he'd be safe... and deactivating Re-Mold will give him that boost to re-initiate the battle.

R: I didn't really want to add damage to the AOE impact, instead I wanted him to do a massive damage to any locked up champion with his next hit...I did however make it so that the bonus dmg scales with the skills level. 100%/200/300


Mudlomen is pretty much a cross between Yi and Malphite.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arixa

Recruiter

08-21-2012

Quote:
Éidolon:
Thanks Arixa! so I've tweaked up his skills.

Q: Made it a slow effect instead of a stun, it's slow is a short duration and doesn't deal all that much so it should be fun to chase down the enemy throwing clubs at him. Also the thing about catching the clubs is that an enemy champion can change the direction of his run, rendering the feature pretty time consuming to get it back. If the enemy gets hit near Mudlomen the Club still flies the full range, making it easy to escape consecutive slows. Though I do feel like it was better as a stun.

W: That's pretty much the point.. to make is so that enemies have a hard time reaching him.. however if he gets Slowed or Stunned... all he has to do is hold position and Harden Up.. when he does the enemies attacks are slowed drastically with it active and he gains his passive bonus... Throw his pseudo Meditation in and it'll make for a perfect counter-attack if he reaches low hp!

E: I made it so that if he waits the full duration of the Re-Molding he gains another 25% bonus heal in the end. The healing over time alone isn't much, but enough to help him sustain damage, with his passive he'd be safe... and deactivating Re-Mold will give him that boost to re-initiate the battle.

R: I didn't really want to add damage to the AOE impact, instead I wanted him to do a massive damage to any locked up champion with his next hit...I did however make it so that the bonus dmg scales with the skills level. 100%/200/300


Mudlomen is pretty much a cross between Yi and Malphite.


Oh. Well if the club always flies the full distance its a lot less broken. I assumed it stopped where you aimed it like olaf axe. Might not be broken as a stun then.

My only issue with W is that its a pretty boring case to have an ability that is only useful to make him unchasable. I like my abilities to help me win not help me lose less.

I like the E.

R doesn't need to do damage. It's the kind of thing I would need to see in practice to know how good it was. Just feels weak compared to Malphite ult. How long do enemies lock up? Can he get all 5 hits?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Éidolon

Senior Member

08-21-2012

Quote:
Arixa:
Oh. Well if the club always flies the full distance its a lot less broken. I assumed it stopped where you aimed it like olaf axe. Might not be broken as a stun then.

My only issue with W is that its a pretty boring case to have an ability that is only useful to make him unchasable. I like my abilities to help me win not help me lose less.

I like the E.

R doesn't need to do damage. It's the kind of thing I would need to see in practice to know how good it was. Just feels weak compared to Malphite ult. How long do enemies lock up? Can he get all 5 hits?



Woooo! okay I'm changing the club back to a stun!

W would work in funny ways because you'd be able to run around and chase your club to keep exectuing stuns while the enemy would have a hard time catching up! I think it might do justice!

I think because R doesn't do damage and it'd be a rare occasion for an enemy to lock up while in the mud the lock up would last a good like 5 or amount depending on level.... But reducing damage from other champions other than Mudlomen's Basic strike. Throw in Mudlomen's Club stun and he'd essentially be able to increase the lock up!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Éidolon

Senior Member

08-21-2012

Quote:
Arixa:
Oh. Well if the club always flies the full distance its a lot less broken. I assumed it stopped where you aimed it like olaf axe. Might not be broken as a stun then.

My only issue with W is that its a pretty boring case to have an ability that is only useful to make him unchasable. I like my abilities to help me win not help me lose less.

I like the E.

R doesn't need to do damage. It's the kind of thing I would need to see in practice to know how good it was. Just feels weak compared to Malphite ult. How long do enemies lock up? Can he get all 5 hits?


Okay so I just made it so that if an enemy champion gets hit by his mud and locks up they get locked up/stunned for 2/3/4 seconds... I think that's a reasonable amount of time for Mudlomen to be able to walk around and hit most of them...

Also made it so locked-up enemy champions get reduced damage taken by champions other than Mudlomen


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Éidolon

Senior Member

08-21-2012

Quote:
Arixa:
Oh. Well if the club always flies the full distance its a lot less broken. I assumed it stopped where you aimed it like olaf axe. Might not be broken as a stun then.

My only issue with W is that its a pretty boring case to have an ability that is only useful to make him unchasable. I like my abilities to help me win not help me lose less.

I like the E.

R doesn't need to do damage. It's the kind of thing I would need to see in practice to know how good it was. Just feels weak compared to Malphite ult. How long do enemies lock up? Can he get all 5 hits?


Thanks for the help Arixa, if your looking for anyone to review comment on your champ let me know!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hedgebrg

Member

08-21-2012

ooh, l like your creativity, and its a really interesting champ, he just seems.... boring his kit just doesn't have any combos... well kinda but you have to use his R and, he just doesn't have a big damage output, and since u need his R to do an EFFECTIVE combo, he doesn't seem like even a good support either. Correct me if I'm wrong, because i didn't thouraly(i have no idea how to spell that by the way) review his abilities, however, incredible idea for a champion, keep up the good work


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Éidolon

Senior Member

08-21-2012

Quote:
Hedgebrg:
ooh, l like your creativity, and its a really interesting champ, he just seems.... boring his kit just doesn't have any combos... well kinda but you have to use his R and, he just doesn't have a big damage output, and since u need his R to do an EFFECTIVE combo, he doesn't seem like even a good support either. Correct me if I'm wrong, because i didn't thouraly(i have no idea how to spell that by the way) review his abilities, however, incredible idea for a champion, keep up the good work


lmao funny thing is.. he's my second champion I've created... my first one is quite the opposite, having many combos and a lot of damage... lmao.....

i'm trying to find the balance with Mudlomen... but I mean essentially I see him as a Tank which can Solo Top easy... and even Solo top vs 2 if needed... Unfortunately he can't jungle effectively because he's required to be in movement to effectively deal damage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Éidolon

Senior Member

08-21-2012

Quote:
Hedgebrg:
ooh, l like your creativity, and its a really interesting champ, he just seems.... boring his kit just doesn't have any combos... well kinda but you have to use his R and, he just doesn't have a big damage output, and since u need his R to do an EFFECTIVE combo, he doesn't seem like even a good support either. Correct me if I'm wrong, because i didn't thouraly(i have no idea how to spell that by the way) review his abilities, however, incredible idea for a champion, keep up the good work



You can combo is W with his Q almost anytime... all you'd have to do is keep slowing the enemy champ, run to the destination of the club.. pick it up, throw it.. rinse and repeat!


12