Will of the Ancients on ryze?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rettik

08-20-2012

Before WOTA was nerfed, it seemed to be a good buy for keeping up ryze's fight sustainability against champs that might have an advantage over him in fights or elongated laning. If i seemed to be losing control over my lane or could use the safety of having a WOTA i would get one mid-late game to ensure i wouldn't be getting stomped. Ryze has been nerfered multiple times and can be argued that he is not, although he is still quite powerful, as much of the powerhouse burster as he used to be. The price cost and itemization changes for WOTA make it a questionable choice over other sustainability items and my question is, is it worth it to include this into my build? or just completly leave it out and swap it for a mana/health item?

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2012

Hextech revolver is all you need, the 1300 that costs you to upgrade to WoTA is often better off spending at something else.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2012

Its still all hes got for sustain. So if you are having problems sustained, you get to take a Revolver, period. Ult CD is too long to use it as spell vamp.

If you have other APs either top or in the jungle, the WoTA is worthwhile. Otherwise stick to revolver as mentioned.

KaiSong

08-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
Its still all hes got for sustain. So if you are having problems sustained, you get to take a Revolver, period. Ult CD is too long to use it as spell vamp.

If you have other APs either top or in the jungle, the WoTA is worthwhile. Otherwise stick to revolver as mentioned.
Uh, ult cd is at around 30 seconds, if youre moderately built, Glacial or frozen heart.
If youre using your abilities to stack tear which you should be then you can reasonably have your ult up every wave.

corallein

08-21-2012

Meh. It's not terrible, but I'd prefer building other items that offer more tankiness or more damage. Ult cooldown is quite short, and there are ways to get around not having the constant spell vamp.

XCodes

08-21-2012

Ult -> E actually gives a pretty amazing burst of healing.