The Question that is Mordekaiser

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SethCypher

09-15-2010

This question did not just recently dawn on me, but I have been curious ever since I looked into the tales that weaved around this strange entity. What exactly is the nature of this individual? Is he an ethereal spirit hell bent on bringing suffering to the world? An aggregate of many vengeful spirits? The physical manifestation of death and disease that plagues humanity? I pray that Babagahnoosh has an answer to this?

Irongrinder

09-15-2010

Currently, all that is known about Mordekaiser's past is that he hails from the Shadow Isles...and even then, that story's shaky. What's known about his present actions is that he exerts some manner of control over metals and diseases. One can only hope that the future doesn't hold anything too nasty for us summoners!

Von Nicklesnout

09-15-2010

Well, it's speculated that Mordekaiser is some form of undead life from the Shadow Isles, being as he seems to feed off disease/has control over metal.

Personally, I like to think of him as some by-product of necromancy in the world of Runeterra. His shattered frame carried aloft by the massive suit of armor he wore in life, the stink of the black arts clinging to him. It is not the body of the man who moves the monolithic plates, it's the soul.

But then again, that'd be juxtaposing his origin story with that of Malek from the Legacy of Kain series, but rather than being a living armor suit he's trapped inside. That and the whole necromancy route doesn't seem nearly as painful as your soul/life essence being ripped off your skin and bones for punishment.

Geddian

09-16-2010

He's actually a golem, a Zaun spy infiltrating Noxus!

Cold Fusion

Recruiter

09-16-2010

I think Mord's lore is good as is..

LoL wouldn't be complete without some shady characters that require you to infer their lore instead of reading it!

SethCypher

09-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Fusion View Post
I think Mord's lore is good as is..

LoL wouldn't be complete without some shady characters that require you to infer their lore instead of reading it!
Yes, it's good as is, but the point of the topic is to discuss and deduce what kind of creature Mordekaiser is.

Munchlord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2010

I vote for some sort of undead/ghostly being.

Zardoc

09-16-2010

Quote:
He's actually a golem, a Zaun spy infiltrating Noxus!

Ye, infiltrate the citystate that has mostly full control over you...

btt: IMO he's an incredibly strong Warrior, leading a yet unknown army lurking around on the Shadowisles. Or maybe he is from the realm of the dead or sumthing.

DHNinja

09-16-2010

Whose to say there are not other things that are not unlike the void.

EmptyEternity

09-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHNinja View Post
Whose to say there are not other things that are not unlike the void.
Mordekaiser is way to cool for the void.

Personally, I'd like Riot expand on Mordy a bit more. In my mind he's just too **** awesome to ignore.