adc has to listen to support these days ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slithy

08-20-2012

Sorry about my English. I had a few games where I went adc and having my support leaving my lane because I'm not listening to his plans, and I didn't die even once fyi.

I don't go support much but when I do I only tell my partner what I can and can't do and will try to adapt to my partner's play style, the rest will be up to him, I won't leave my lane even if my partner dive enemy turret at lv 1 though.

Just wondering if the support guys do have rights to tell their adc what to do these days and leaving their responsibilities when their partner refuse to listen, or it's just me being too stubborn and deserved to be left alone ?

Maragi Accel

08-20-2012

The best bot lane pairs are the support and ADC that can work together well, the advice of the support is welcomed though as they are not forced to focus on LHing minions and as such have better awareness on the state of the match and how the other lanes are going, that being said leaving your lanemate alone reguardless is a pretty **** move

Cenerae

08-20-2012

Just because you had one asinite twit as your support doesn't mean every support does it.

The strongest bot lanes are the ones where the carry and support both work together, in any case.

Lord Puppy Fury

08-20-2012

It should be a partnership. However, since the supports not last hitting, he's a little bit freer to to look around and contemplate the map as a whole. If he pings to get back, you get your butt back. Additionally, if the support asks "Ready?" that means he's about to set you up for a kill. It would behoove you to listen to him then.

Zeikei

08-21-2012

IMO, supports dictate the flow of the lane with proper vision and zone control. That's not to say the ADC cannot, but typically its the supports role to do much of the heavily lifting early on.

Duhizy

08-21-2012

now that i look back it seems that most of the times that iv gotten really fed in lane was because my support was very good, obv if i have the cc to do it alone then i will by all means outplay my enemies for the kill but the rest of the time you'll see me farming near my tower and poking them until my support feels ready to engage and fight in our advantage.

One little note however, if theres a large wave of minions that i will miss you must excuse me for not responding to a gank that i feel will not succeed and my support must forgive me if i choose to farm rather then jump my enemy after ever taric stun, you would understand if you played ad and that is the only situation in which i believe the support should not control the gameplay of bot lane. If i want to farm near tower allow me, if i want to push then help me, that is all.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

08-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhizy View Post
One little note however, if theres a large wave of minions that i will miss you must excuse me for not responding to a gank that i feel will not succeed and my support must forgive me if i choose to farm rather then jump my enemy after ever taric stun, you would understand if you played ad and that is the only situation in which i believe the support should not control the gameplay of bot lane. If i want to farm near tower allow me, if i want to push then help me, that is all.
There's a problem with this philosophy, imo. I never play ADC. I sometimes play support. But check this out.

I understand the theory behind your idea, prioritizing the minion farm. One wave of minions is actually worth more gold than a single kill if you can last him them all. So minions actually are important. However, there is significant importance to killing, or even just attempting to kill the enemy.

If you can set up a situation which forces the enemy back away from the minion waves, whether by killing or forcing a B, then you're forcing the enemy ADC and support away from creeps. If you can do this in a manner which scores a kill, you get gold approximately equivalent to what you may have missed out on farming minions. What's best is if you and/or your support have very good CC and you can damage your enemy to the point of death or B without taking much damage yourself, at a minimum, you're getting to sit in lane and soak experience. The enemy is missing out on at least a couple waves worth of experience. Depending on what point in the game this is, the enemy could end up a level or two behind.

And from there, it just snowballs.

So yes, minions are important. It's important to get the gold from every last-hit possible. But you shouldn't ignore opportunities to set the enemy back. It's not important as the ADC to get X gold per by minute Z. What's important is that you've won your lane and significantly out-farmed your lane opponent both in terms of gold and experience. Killing the enemy will do this more quickly than farming minions under the turret.

AlphariusRising

08-21-2012

I just played a game as Janna where our Vayne wanted to Passive farm for the entire laning phase, but then we got 2 people come bot to our 1, and suddenly she was all gung-ho to go fight a 3v4.

I dont know if that's relevant, but don't be that guy.

Lord Puppy Fury

08-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhizy View Post
I try to strangle a carry who does this as the support. As the carry, you do need to be able to tell the difference between the support harassing and initiating, but if you miss a kill/double kill because you were farming, you need to go play a different role.

summoz

08-21-2012

IMO a good support will call the shots. Sit in the brush providing vision while the adc focus's on last hitting.

Support should be calling for jungle ganks + dragon kills.

He's the one with vision, he provides the wards.