Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AD mages everywhere???

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

m1lfr3d

08-20-2012

so i may be wrong or just confused but it seems like i have been more and more seeing obvious mages like brand or annie (sometimes ryze but not often) opting for AD and not AP and doing very well sometimes even leading their teams.
so is AD really viable for a mage like annie or brand?
i dont know for sure but i can see justifications like "their abilities are already pretty good at base strength and AD would buff their weak auto attack to better levels." ... any opinions on if AD items beat out AP for mages?

P.S i can see ryze being very acceptable since he scales with mana and manamune boosts mana and AD...but so far thats all i can defend outright because ive tried it with average success

MyPrettyPwny

08-20-2012

AD Malzahar is legitimately good, due to scaling on his Voidlings being ridiculous (up to 2.0 AD scaling for voidlings, and you can have 2 of them, all his spells have utility outside of straight damage as well)

AD Annie ... she DOES have a pretty long-range auto-attack, BUT the slowest attack speed growth in the game.

Crittlesticks is terrifying, as is AD lulu.

Cenerae

08-20-2012

AD built mages are pretty much done for funsies, and nothing else.

Some work a little better than others (like Malz), but it's still garbage compared to their normal builds.

m1lfr3d

08-20-2012

thanks for the replies guys.
back to the topic i mainly wanted to know about annie ryze and brand...since annie was talked of are their any opinions on ryze or brand?

ObscureClockwork

08-21-2012

tbh, ad malz is rather effective.
his bounce works well for using his voidling to target
his ult is nice cc
his pool melts tanks even without autos

just his ap side is better

Aya Shameimaru

08-21-2012

AD Malz doesn't work unless he can get off to a start where he can spam spells constantly to keep minions out.