Turret farming.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Poombala

08-20-2012

I consider myself to be an average player. Well maybe i suck, its all relative. I'm a roughly 1000 elo player. I have 450 normal wins, 425 losses. Somewhere around there.

So my idea is in regards to people farming under turrets. Now i understand all about the passive farming business and to not push your lane. And keeping in mind i don't know how this would effect overall game balance in higher elos etc.

But what if minions gave only 50% gold when they are hit with turrets. This wouldn't necessarily completely screw anyone over, since they are getting half the gold. But in my opinion there should be some reward to pushing your lane (Playing aggressively) since you are open to ganks etc. I feel that this change might help promote more aggressive laning phases.

I know some people are going to say that some characters push lanes better than others. But thats where your jungler can help. Keeping in mind that i realize not all junglers are good etc. Its just a suggestion, it might be a bad one, what do people think?

pentaRifts

08-20-2012

no

Geomexis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2012

So....you force your lane opponent to lose farm for being under the tower, and now you want them to lower the value of the farm that your opponent actually does manage to get?

Why?

Slaughtercopter

08-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poombala View Post
I consider myself to be an average player. Well maybe i suck, its all relative. I'm a roughly 1000 elo player. I have 450 normal wins, 425 losses. Somewhere around there.

So my idea is in regards to people farming under turrets. Now i understand all about the passive farming business and to not push your lane. And keeping in mind i don't know how this would effect overall game balance in higher elos etc.

But what if minions gave only 50% gold when they are hit with turrets. This wouldn't necessarily completely screw anyone over, since they are getting half the gold. But in my opinion there should be some reward to pushing your lane (Playing aggressively) since you are open to ganks etc. I feel that this change might help promote more aggressive laning phases.

I know some people are going to say that some characters push lanes better than others. But thats where your jungler can help. Keeping in mind that i realize not all junglers are good etc. Its just a suggestion, it might be a bad one, what do people think?
First understand how this effects games, then try to make suggestions for changes.

Logic.

There are rewards for this, towers give 150 global gold, that's 750 gold. Most rewards require risks(in this case, the risk is being ganked) to be taken.

sebsauve34

08-20-2012

TLDR: Let's make Yorick even more broken.

Landers

08-20-2012

This is honestly the worst idea I have ever seen.

The Cookie

08-20-2012

When people farm under their tower, the tower gets hurt a little bit every time, from the enemy minions, and the enemy champion. So eventually, if he/she still farms under the turret, the turret will eventually blow up, and the enemy wins the lane!