Sivir bugs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Borand

08-20-2012

Hello, first thing I would like to say is that I don't know which "prefix" I should add, so I added [Game Client] since it made the most sense to me.

I discovered some issues with Sivir today, the first one of which is definitely a bug, the rest of the three I am not sure about though.

1. So, I was trying Sivir, and what I noticed is that when I had my boots (berzerkers greaves) and I auto-attacked a champion, the movement speed went from 380 to 427, instead of from 380 to 430. I was laning with a Soraka and this was happening I believe all game long.

2. I do not know if it counts as a bug, but when Sivir uses her Q, the indicator range and the actual range, don't match. Actually, the indicator range is enough shorter than the actual range.

3. Not sure about this being a bug either, I got ultied by a Malzahar, but I had my shield open. It did break the suppression, but Malzahar continued channelling his ult and the damage was still dealt, despite me having blocked it with my shield.

4. Last one I am aware of, is that when you have a Banshees Veil on Sivir, if you use your spell shield and your Banshees is not popped, you will lose them both with a single spell, instead of one "pealing" off first and leaving the other one there to block another spell.

I hope this gets to Riot, it would be nice to see a reply confirming having seen it.

rpvarela

08-20-2012

2 is graphic related. Riot periodically changes skillshot range indicators to be more consistent with the actual spell range.

4 is intended.

Borand

08-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpvarela View Post
2 is graphic related. Riot periodically changes skillshot range indicators to be more consistent with the actual spell range.

4 is intended.
4 shouldn't be intended, I am fairly convinced this is a bug.
They share the same graphic, they are not the same thing. One is an item, another is a spell.
Why should you be punished for having brought an item? It doesn't make sense, it is just plain irrationale

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

08-21-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

1. Movement speed decays when you pass certain values, it is to discourage stacking MS items. That's why you're seeing less than +50
2. Their are some very small discrepancies in the targeting indicators for abilities. Designers sometimes make them smaller than what they actually are.
3. That sounds like a bug, are their any other details you can share?
4. I'm not sure what the design intention is here.

Ulfang69

08-21-2012

the Bv thing is working just fine, if you wanna use your ss when your bv is up both are gonna come off at the same time not this peel stuff, it was your fault to use your ss when your bv was up, its just like blocking more then 1 ability with your ss if they hit at the same time

Mirror

08-21-2012

Their was a post not too long ago about a guy who went out there, to Riot, to ask what they're design philosophies are, and to hear what there working on. It was inspiring!

Bejango

08-21-2012

from everything i have ever seen on #4 its not a bug and is intended for what reasons i don't know but im fairly certain its intended since it works like that for Nocturne as well

The Shmoopie

08-21-2012

as sivir i have been ulted by malz and it lets you move ut you still take damage until you get out of his channel range. its a 100% thing and as he said idk if tis intended

Borand

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
1. Movement speed decays when you pass certain values, it is to discourage stacking MS items. That's why you're seeing less than +50
2. Their are some very small discrepancies in the targeting indicators for abilities. Designers sometimes make them smaller than what they actually are.
Thanks for your response!

1. I believe it should be stated in the tooltip or sth.
3. I was standing on the edge of his "pool", I popped my spellshield and he ultied me just when I used it. I was able to move and auto-attack him. I walked past his "pool" to see whether I was being dealt damage by it or not.
The thing is he kept channeling his ult, dealing damage to me. Even if coincidentally he was not dealing damage to me (which he was), he was still chanelling his ult. So, seems like the spellshield blocks only the suppresion, not the entire skill.
4. Can we get an update about this?

3mptylord

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
3) Similar issue with Olaf's Ragnarok. If Malzahar targets him while Ragnarok is active it goes on full cooldown and does nothing at all: whereas Malzahar should remain rooted and do damage (Ragnarok does not negative magic damage, only CC). If Ragnarok is activated during Nether Grasp, same issue: damage stops.

4) I've heard other Reds before, it's intentional. Spell shields can pop multiple spells if they land at the same time: to compensate, single spells can pop multiple shields if you have multiple shields.