Pantheon and Jarvan late game, any suggestions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xJLx MCHammer

08-20-2012

Hey, guys so I recently started this and I'm still trying to get a hang of characters. I really like characters that are Tanky but can dish out ton of damage when needed. So far, I've come across Jarvan and Pantheon

Personally, I can't seems to understand what to do late game with either of these characters. Both have a very strong early game on top or bottom lane. Their attacks let me gank, or harass until it's time to get the finishing blow.

But once late game hits, they both becomes useless in terms of damage and even with the items I have, it takes a few hits for him to die. With Jarvan I always try to go the tank route, so i start with
Regrowth Pendant> Philosopher's Stone>Boots(armor or AP resist)> Warden's Mail or Force of Nature

Regardless, by the time late game hits, I can't seem to do any damage. If I focus on items that cause damage like Trinity Force, I get killed right away in 1 vs 1 before I can dish out the damage. Heck, even the Ult becomes useless by late game because if I trap someone inside, either I can't kill them or they can't kill me. In Teamfights, people just walk out of it like it's not there making it useless

With Pantheon, I try to focus on damage and Cool down items like Youmuu's Ghostblade but again he is too squishy in late game. Every attack Ap or Dp kills me. It's like i go in the fight to die even tho I dish out the damage. If I focus on Defense, there damage from spear/ult is soo insignificant that people avoid attacking me

Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me

Etherimp

08-20-2012

On Jarvan, you shouldn't be bot lane.. Well, unless you're doing the infamous Jarvan IV / Leona kill lane.

Solo-top or jungle is where it's at.. You wanna build Wriggles, Merc Treads, Heart of Gold, PhiloStone, Trinity Force starting with Phage, turn HoG into Randuins Omen... Then late game is situational. I usually go Banshees Veil, sell off Philo Stone, pick up maybe a Wits End or whatever I need at that point.

Jarvans job isn't really to do a lot of damage, though. He's a good initiator and tanky DPS. Lock down carries and protect your carries with your CC.

Fat Mchugelarge

08-20-2012

Jarvan is a main tank lategame from what I can tell. Just keep building tanky and disrupt your enemies.

Nevercrysis

08-20-2012

I´ve been trying to find a better build for Pantheon, and that´s my only option:

Core items:

Warmog´s armor.
Atma´s Impaler.
-------------------------
The boot can be Mercury´s Tread.
And depending on the situation you can build Inifity Edge or Bloodthirster.
--------------------------
Other items can be situational depending on what other team is building.

With Warmog´s armor you can get enough HP to survive, and Atma´s Impaler can provide you armor and aditional damage of 1.5% of your max HP.

Add a B.F Sword later, and you can do tons damages with a better survivability. It doesn´t means that you will be invincible, and at least you can survive a little better.

In my conclusion, Pantheon can be very squishy for late game. His damages is pretty good enough if you target enemy ADC and AP Carry, which should be your priority. But well, I hope Riot can fix him soon. Pantheon definitely is getting old... xD

Good Luck!

KentukyWaterfall

08-21-2012

Dealing damage with Jarvan late game is about itemization and flexibility.

Ideally, I go for Merc's (almost always superior to Tabi), Frozen Mallet, Maw of Malmortius (or Wit's End if they have more sustained magic damage rather than burst IE., Swain OR both if I laned top vs an AP and they have an AP mid), Randuin's Omen, Atma's Impaler, and Wriggle's if I laned top vs. AD or jungled. I would sell Wriggle's for Last Whisper in a very long game if my team is fine with wards.

This build will give you a nice mix of stats including very high HP and resistances and decent sustained DPS with ~ 230 AD and on hit magic damage from Wit's End. But the real gem of this build is the utilization of the active and passive abilities. Ideally, you will E+Q into at least 3 of the enemy. This debuffs their armor and knocks them up. Upon arriving at your Standard, activate W to build a nice shield and AoE slow your enemies. Now attack as many enemies as you can one time. Your passive will deal 10% of current HP as physical damage and your FM will apply that delicious slow. After 2-3 seconds, activate Randuin's for additional AoE slow. By this time you will probably have run a good distance from your standard. Q back to it (CD is low at max level) and knockup any enemies in your way. Apply your passive hit and FM slow to anyone still nearby. Notice you still have not ulted. At this point, just about every escape has been blown, as you have been an AoE CC machine for the past 6 seconds and tanky enough to survive. Ult onto as many of the enemy as you can while NOT killing your own ally by trapping them OR ult and kill the enemy carry if they are still alive, but at low HP. If done correctly, Jarvan can output upwards of 10 seconds of CC, all of it able to effect an entire team under ideal circumstances, which is why no matter what anyone else says, Jarvan is a great late game champion.