Katarina or Pantheon???

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Basist

09-16-2010

Garen: good luck getting in games without people banning him/snagging him up first. He's hardcore flavor of the month because people can't resist the urge to run straight into that golden spinning circle of rape.

Morde is fun, but don't expect him on every team. He has no cc, so when your team is lacking in that department Morde is the last person you should ever pick. Still he's overall tough, soaks up damage, and puts out moderate damage over the course of him surviving to fight in team battles. Just don't expect him to drop a carries health to 1/2 in 1 second like another carry/mage.

I would choose Panth over Kat any day of the week. He has a stun, instant aoe(althought channeled, but doesn't have to wait for all bounces like bb/have bb not chain because someone moved away frm their friend), and his ult doesn't have to be activated within a foot of his enemies saying "hii there stun me." All Kat has going for her is her annoyance in spamming skills and then stealing kills so her timer refreshes. She heavily relies on teammates because all she does is throw daggers, and shunpo's. Panth is more self sufficient, has a much more potential to destroy faces early game, and while his late game falls short in terms of survivability Kat's falls short in terms of damage. Unless you feed Kat she's going to do **** dmg, Panth can still do good damage and has a stun.

nOkay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2010

Exactly!!!
I love dps players that need a good team cuz I only really play LoL with my freinds...
Also, Katarina's damage late game is amazing, cuz of her second ability, and all you need is a BF Sword...

Gyoro

09-16-2010

Against any half decent team consisting of 3-5 friends, your Kat will be rendered useless honestly, she is so easily shut down and the only gimmick she has is her Ult which is still mediocre dmg ~late game~ even if she is fed.

Pantheon is the better buy, not only is his early and mid game much much stronger, which let's face it determines late game for the opposing team, even if he falls short in terms of scalling to your teams potential the other team would have been greifed bad by you and be behind in either levels or gold, making it an ez steam roll.

nOkay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2010

Pantheon is too similar to sion though, and i pwn with him, as well as him having a better late game

itaiaosi

09-16-2010

They are pretty much the same
they have a key combo kat is W,E,R,Q pantheon is W,E,Q or R,W,E,Q get pantheon hes better for a team than katarina

Devious Rogue

09-16-2010

Pantheon is a 2-trick pony. A very good 2-trick pony, but I still prefer Katarina. Although you could argue Katarina is a 1-trick pony, but that one trick is a hell of a lot more useful, from past experience than others.

Pantheon drop rarely works properly because everyon'es milling around in team fights and see the big circle. After he's done that it's Aegis-Heartseeker on one person then a decent autoattack with a possible Spear for pursuit, and he gets fried very very quickly because he's somehow squishy as hell.

Katarina is a short-channel burster and can get interrupted easily, but she does a lot more overall damage to the other team with her Ult. A LOT more. When she goes nuts, people die. Pantheon can only injure them badly by himself.

Basically, you can stop Pantheon by attacking him after his burst and he'll either run away or die. With Katarina, it becomes a battle of chicken or a battle to see who can smash each other up first. And Katarina in her Ult can outdamage anyone, even Yi or Sion unless the entire enemy team focuses on bringing her down and she's harder to bring down than Pantheon because she's not as noticeably "LOOK AT ME. I'M GONNA LAND HERE!!"

Just from past experience, Katarina was better than Pantheon. Could be wrong though, but really, the two are very similar. I'd be hapyp with either. Just would prefer Katarina if I ahd to make a choice.

Salazar968

02-07-2011

Someone else > Katarina > Pantheon

Katarina is more viable, burstier, and generally kicks more ass than panth imo with her Kill Shunpo --> Death lotus ---> chase with BB and Shunpo for the kill.

Pantheon on the other hand, once his HSS runs its course, its very easy to run frmo him if you have any escape mechanism whatsoever. Also, Kat's better at diving people Like Yi or Veigar, because they try to fight while DL cuts them down, They die, Kat Killer shunpo's away while rofling.

But They both fall pretty easily.

Amumu is a HARD counter to Kat with a double stun, completly nullifying her ult while beating her down through sheer tankiness (made up words FTW). Another good counter to Kat would be the omnipotent Jax, who if he gets a counter strike simply Rapes Katarina into next week by relentless assaulting her, then expower --> Leap strike when she shunpo's away in order to close it up and get the kill.

anyway, other than people that can kill her, There are also some better contributions to the team then Either Katarina Or Pantheon. In the 3150's bracket, Olaf, Shaco or Garen are somewhat better choices. Olaf and garen are bulkier, deal close to katarina's damage, (Judgement after the buff deals almost as much damage as DL now..fml) And who doesnt run from a 300 pound beserker running at you axe flying, lightning ripping through the sky to cleave your flesh open? Shaco is an iffy choice. He's relatively squishy, but the stealth and JitB help your team a lot though scouting, warding, and generally being a ***** in team fights. Just my thoughts

PurePyramid

02-07-2011

Depends on what game you want to play; is it ranked game or normal game? For normal games, pick Pantheon (duh). Panth can stun, deal damage, join teamfight anytime anywhere, and backdoor. For ranked games, don't buy Pantheon (90% of the time he gets banned).

PurePyramid

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salazar968 View Post
Someone else > Katarina > Pantheon

Amumu is a HARD counter to Kat with a double stun, completly nullifying her ult while beating her down through sheer tankiness (made up words FTW). Another good counter to Kat would be the omnipotent Jax, who if he gets a counter strike simply Rapes Katarina into next week by relentless assaulting her, then expower --> Leap strike when she shunpo's away in order to close it up and get the kill.
And btw, Amumu doesn't have a double stun. His ult is snare. Pantheon, on the other hand, dominates Katarina. Kat ults, Pantheon stun, gg for Kat.

And Katarina certainly cannot kill Renekton 1v1, Renekton is her natural enemy. Fyi, I main both champs.

Superdadd

02-07-2011

Considering that Pantheon is banned in 90% of ranked games (at level 30), I would say get good with Kat. It would suck to get good with Pantheon, then never get to use him in ranked.