Katarina or Pantheon???

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nOkay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2010

Hey guys,
I was wondering, I almost have enough monies to buy a 3150 hero, and was thinking I am gonna go with either Pantheon or Katarina. Now I own Sion and have played alot as him, and want someone that is a completely different style to him.
So far, Pantheon looks very similar but amazing and Katarina looks different, so I am edging towards her.
Is she a good enough character though to be better than Pantheon? (For me), and if i get Pantheon, will his style be different enough from Sion's?
Thanks guys

Zi0nized

09-15-2010

Pant has a teleport ult that slows and some good stun / burst combo.

Katarina is stricly a big burst char that relies on low cooldown.

SG Bear Barbsq

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2010

Now i have to ask, are you a man? Kus there aint nothin like a 2 ton MAN DROP FROM THE SKY followed by a spear to the face. Since you start equipping yourself with some mother****in items, everything now bounces off your glistening pecs, your invincibility nets you a pentakill, WUT NOW *****ES. Now imagine they actually manage to kill you (but you got 3 of them fo sho), but you're packin that revive and come back for another MAN DROP FROM THE SKY to finish off those little rodents. 24 minutes later, they're pissing their pants and begging each other to surrender.

I hope this helps you make your choice.

Trillo

09-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR Barbsq View Post
Now i have to ask, are you a man? Kus there aint nothin like a 2 ton MAN DROP FROM THE SKY followed by a spear to the face. Since you start equipping yourself with some mother****in items, everything now bounces off your glistening pecs, your invincibility nets you a pentakill, WUT NOW *****ES. Now imagine they actually manage to kill you (but you got 3 of them fo sho), but you're packin that revive and come back for another MAN DROP FROM THE SKY to finish off those little rodents. 24 minutes later, they're pissing their pants and begging each other to surrender.

I hope this helps you make your choice.
+1 for humor. You forgot to mention that Pantheon dies in .26 seconds in late game team fights. Tough early, but pretty weak for a Spartan late game.

Twilexia

09-15-2010

Current meta-game says Pantheon, definitely. He does a good amount of damage, has a lot of health and defense, and his ultimate is hilarious. Katarina's is too, but can be stopped way too easily.

DustinMcDohl

09-15-2010

Katarina is squishy, has a very large learning curve, junk ability scaling and relies on the enemy team having no CC's to stop her ult.

All signs point to the stanpar.

OminouSx

09-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR Barbsq View Post
Kus there aint nothin like a 2 ton MAN DROP FROM THE SKY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGLZqDXau98

SinDur

09-15-2010

Pantheon plays similar to Sion in that all he does is open with stun and then throw a Cooldown combo. He differs in the his fail scale to late game.

Katarina is far different from both, you need to be aware of the enemy teams focus and cooldowns before using your ult in team fights. She relies solely on cool down reduction and items to boost a specific ability and her ult (AD Katarina is better, both mathmatically and imo).

If I were you, I wouldn't buy either. If you're going to by a 3150 champ, look at someone that is worth it. Taric or Shen, for example, are completely different playstyles from Sion, but remain in the tanky area of characters so you shouldn't get roflpwned for making mistakes right away.

Broken94

09-15-2010

Pantheon is a shadow of his former self with a worse early game. Kat seems by far the better choice. Way more consistent damage out put and scales better late game than pantheon does.

nOkay

09-16-2010

Thanks tons guys, I am still thinking Katarina cuz from what I have seen of panth, I dominate him with my Ulti as Sion :P
Also, I want a character with a steep learning curve, and that is fun to play...
How about Garen or Mordekaiser?