God I love Dominion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A single hat

08-21-2012

I dislike that my SR elo is proportional to incredibly arbitrary skills (last hit accuracy/precision + lane control) and that the parts I enjoy the most happen maybe twice in the average game. Also the fact that the game can be undeniably lost fairly early and you might still have to trudge through 25 more minutes (hello guywhodoesn'tchoseanoptionduringasurrendervote).

There's definitely things I dislike about dominion as well, but overall it delivers an experience I enjoy. That and the fact that I actually reached "high elo" using a build I designed from the ground up (looking for a new hidden op now after consecutive nerfs to my main), gives me an attachment to the mode that I don't have as much in SR.

Softspoken

08-22-2012

I like Dominion because people are willing to play it fast and loose with team composition. Nobody sighs and cries when I pick Karma, and we end up with really odd teams that sometimes just work.

I also love that Dominion doesn't stop. I feel like I have to be on my toes 24/7, and am dealing with the entire enemy team instead of 2v2 + ganks.

jarath

08-23-2012

riot needs to update Dominion

jremmons

08-23-2012

I just wish I liked SR more, as it features a higher player base and better/more consistent support.

But I mean when typical strategies/criticisms/advice includes: Don't push lanes... Don't attack the opponent... Click around the ground instead of autoattacking minions... etc.
I cannot find it intriguing or engaging. Unlike Dominion which is a very fluid game mode, with constant pushes and lead changes, SR is completely static, with little happening until the end game which, if you aren't good at last hitting or if a single gank goes wrong, may not matter anyways.

IS1d5b61a8733e170555aa6

08-23-2012

No, sorry. I don't enjoy playing against wukong, jax, kassadin and yorick every game

Mindllapse

08-24-2012

I play Dominion for a kill-fest

If I wanted to play a dota-type map, then I'd play Dota2 (which I do)

SR is terrible, and Dominion is really the only redeeming factor that makes LoL less than garbage compared to Dota2

FDru

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painkillar View Post
Summoner's rift is like repairing a broken jetski for 6 hours only to run out of time to go to the lake. whereas dominion is like a being on a jetski, that's being chased by a boat, that's being chased by a shark, that's being chased by shark-hunters, that's being chased by animal rights groups, that's being chased by a stalk of celery.

it's that awesome
I don't know how I missed this post but I think I might just fap to it

Kiddalee

08-24-2012

I love Dominion because it lets me use more complex tactical and map control skills from the start, and doesn't force me to use only my technical skills like last-hitting and min-maxing builds. In other words, Dominion is a game designed to be played.