God I love Dominion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2012

i don't really dislike SR, I just think the meta is kinda boring atm

RBeckham

08-20-2012

-You can actually have a build playing a support character.
-No whack-a-mole where you buy and destroy each other's wards all game, creating a giant gold-draining abyss of anti-fun just to contend map control.

BROSEPHIROTH

08-20-2012

I don't see any point in playing SR as long as I have accounts for HoN and Dota2. Why play a poor, rigid imitation of a dotalike with a community that rages hard if you try out anything new and different when I can just go play Dota2 instead?

Dominion is something that League has that the other games don't, and it's genuinely fun and exciting.

NavyGothic

08-20-2012

I like the idea of SR, but hate the early laning phase. If everyone started the match with 5k gold at level 8 (or whatever), I'd probably mostly play SR over Dom. I like the tower pushing and group fights more than Dom's map control and small skirmishes.

But laning and last-hitting, gah. 10+ minutes of boring in the hopes of a fun mid-late game is not worth it.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2012

To much rage in the SR community imo i could live with the meta if ppl dint frikking freak out over every little thing.

MyDeadGrandma

08-21-2012

Because I can play Lulu/Janna/Leona and finish with over 10k gold worth of items.

VejiTehDestroyer

08-21-2012

I think the biggest lure for the anti-SR sentiment, when discussing Dominion, is the fact that people don't go ballistic on you if you die a few times. "Feeding" isn't so much an issue here, so there is room for error. Whereas with SR, every single aspect of the first 20 minutes is scrutinized, as to not give your opponent their snowball.

Sure, theres things you don't do in Dominion and theres a certain strat to it, but if you die a few times, its not the end of the game. The 'Snowball Effect' doesn't apply here, which is nice for noobs like me.

Edzter

08-21-2012

i like dominion because:
there is always a chance to win (higher than on sr)
its much faster and more fun
the only 'laning' is at bottom lane
anyone can pick whoever they like and play for fun
that music!

why i hate sr:
20 mins of boring farming
people raging on each other more often
walking around to place wards is anoying
this meta restricts people from their desired pick
the music makes it feel even slower

however the problem with dominion as some champions are way more op there than in sr, examples: jax, darius, most tanks (especialy rammus)
or weaker than in sr:
nidalee, most carries, ryze

migty1joe

08-21-2012

I love both. Dominion is underrated tho. Its so fun.

Styrgwyr

08-21-2012

No jungle!