Trinity Force or Hextech Gunblade?

Trinity Force 53 60.23%
Hextech Gunblade 35 39.77%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Jax: Triforce or Gunblade first?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duhizy

08-21-2012

imo if your not going for wriggles early for the defence vs ad your best bet is to rush trinity force with and early vamp scepter. It seems the pros at major tournaments have actually been favouring a trinity force rush straight into a GA which i personally dont agree with my build usually goes like this: merc treds, trinity force,Heart of gold(only if i feel i need the health),cutlass,rageblade,GA,gunblade. The cutlass with the attack speed and damage of the rageblade gives amazing lifesteal gain, if done correctly you can jump into a fight and by the time you get 5+ passive stacks you will be unkillable and have a GA for backup. The GA is critical for the late game, this item basically allows him to dive the ad carry and die for then kill then revive and literally 1v4 the rest of the team if need be.

AlphariusRising

08-21-2012

IMO Rush the Cutlass, then get your triforce, and finish your triforce.

Hextech Revolver gives Jax very little besides Ap, he doesn't much need the spellvamp as much as other champions, whereas Every Part of Triforce is something Jax really really wants. The gunblade is still his second best item, because of the massive damage bonus and the active

TheOneMillion

08-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
He is right that Triforce takes significant investment though even the components aren't bad. Phage gives 18 AD, 180health which is cost-effective, plus the snare.
Sheen gives mana which isn't quite so useful later, but nice early. AP is alright, but the real bonus is the proc of course.
Zeal gives the movespeed boost plus AS plus crit, which isnt as useful early game. Its the bottom-feeder item of the lot.

But from there for 300g you get a LOT of benefits.
18 to 30 AD, 6 to 12% movespeed, 20 to 30% AS, 50% better sheen proc, 70 health, 50 mana, 8 to 15% crit, 20 to 30 AP... thats thousands of gold worht of of stats for 300 gold.

And as mentioned, you can buy parts of gunblade as needed and get by. A completed gunblade isn't really THAT amazing. You get about 15% efficiency bonus.
Bilgewater costs 1825, gives 1925g of stats plus the slow-nuke.
Gunblade itself costs 3700g and provides about 4400g of stats, plus slownuke.
Upgrading Trinity actually gives 12 AD, 5 AP, 5% crit, 6% movement, 10% AS, 25 health, No mana, and the better sheen proc. Oh and the 10% extra slow on phage proc, Around a 1250 gold value plus whatever the sheen proc bonus is worth.

COMMANDO MASTER

08-21-2012

tri is better to build first, but chances are ur gonna get ur gunblade faster/sooner.

i usually get phage and sometimes a sheen, then finish gunblade after.

i really just dominate wit jax, so it doesnt really matter.

DBRAINFREEZE

09-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesot View Post
Alternate question... I've been building Wriggles before either of these. Should I stop doing that?
If you aren't jungle, yes.