[Champion Concept] Carpus, the Incarnation of Sin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Script Lord

08-20-2012

”He has been consumed by the deepest desires and darkest urges of man, and so he seeks to inspire such intentions in order to permit his vile existence.” - Soraka

Lore:

Quote:
While most in Ionia seek to become spiritually enlightened or bring about a worldly balance, Carpus seeks only to inspire and take in the desires of those around him. As a young boy, he was inducted into a cult working in secret in the Catacombs of the Forsaken, deep beneath the soil of Ionia. The rituals they, and eventually he, practiced were deemed taboo by Ionian standards, though the continued on regardless. The power to draw energy from the desires of men was a temptation that even the young boy fell to, and eventually his own potential for it grew out of control.

Carpus became enraptured by the power he attained from drawing upon his fellow cultists’ desires, slowly twisting and corrupting his mind. With each passing year he grew yet more capricious, and lusted for the power that coursed through him. The more mundane desires soon gave way to more vile urges, until at the zenith of his power the hunger for vice grew too much to contain. The boy, now a man, committed the greatest sin imaginable, murdering his colleagues in cold blood. Without the others to limit him, Carpus returned to the surface as a being of sin committed to spreading his influence for his own benefit….

General:

Quote:
Roles: Melee, Fighter
Resource: Energy
Attack range: 150
Attack speed: 0.665 (+2.65%)
Damage: 56.6 (+4.6) / {134.8}
Health: 425 (+90) / {1955}
Energy: 200
Move speed: 315
Armor: 16.75 (+3.65) / {78.8}
Magic Resistance: 30 (+1.25) / {51.25}
Health Regen: 7.66 (+0.76) / {20.58}
Energy Regen: 20

Abilities:

Quote:
(Passive) Twisted Desire – As the physical representation of sin, Carpus can draw out the desires of others take them as his own. He regains 5/7.5/10 Energy each second he is within 300 units of an enemy Champion

[Q] Mark of Vice – Those who commit atrocities are doomed to be burdened by them; Carpus brands an opponent within range, dealing 55/80/105/130/155 (+0.5 AP) magic damage and reducing their movement speed by 10/15/20/25/30% for 3 seconds. The opponent is marked with a crimson wisp that floats around their head (up to a maximum of seven)

Cost: 25 Energy
Cooldown: 8 seconds
Cast Range: 550

[W] Sinner’s Harvest – As the catalyst of humanity’s sins, Carpus is sustained by the vices of those around him; upon activation he regenerates 40/60/80/100/120 Health for every Mark of Vice placed upon nearby enemy champions

Cost: 50 Energy
Cooldown: 13 seconds
Cast Range: 500

[E] Forbidden Fruit – Carpus smashes the ground before him with his mace, sending out a large shockwave that deals 70/90/110/130/150 (+0.65 AP) magic damage to all enemies within range of the blast and 175/200/225/250/275 (+0.5 AD) physical damage to any enemies in the direct center of impact.

Cost: 60/65/70/75/80 Energy
Cooldown: 10 seconds
AoE Radius: 500

[R] Unforgivable Seven – The Incarnation of Sin unleashes the power of the Seven Deadly Sins: Sloth, Gluttony, Greed, Lust, Envy, Wrath, and Pride; for 7 seconds Carpus experiences no cooldown on his abilities and gains 15/25/35 Movement, Armor, Magic Resistance, Attack Speed, Attack Damage, and Tenacity.

Cost: All Energy
Cooldown: 30/60/90 seconds

Quotations:

Quote:
(Selection)

"My existence is the greatest sin..."

(Movement)

"I can almost taste your sins..."
"Yes."
"Very well, Summoner."
"Patience is a virtue."
"As you desire."

(Attacking)

"Their desires are nearly palpable!"
"Be devoured by your wretchedness!”
"You can’t hide from sin."
"Resistance is futile."
"I will take all of your vices."

(Mark of Vice

“You can’t escape your sins.”
“Remember your transgressions!”

(Sinner’s Harvest)

"Through your sins, I live!”
“Your vice is my sustenance.”

(Forbidden Fruit)

"Fall from grace!”
“Give in to temptation!

(Unforgivable Seven)

“I am the eternally condemned sins of humanity.”
“Sloth, Gluttony, Greed, Lust, Envy, Wrath, Pride.”

(Taunt)

"You will suffocate from your own desires!"
"The sins of many will overwhelm your soul!"

(Joke)

"I’ve been to Sinful Succulence. I’m not amused."

Animations:

Quote:
Standing idle - He stands while resting his mace head-first on the ground in front of him

Running - He moves with the head of his mace extended back behind his shoulder

Auto attack - He swings his mace in an overhead arc, bringing it down upon the heads of his enemies

Taunt - He raises his mace horizontally above his head, towards the sky, as he leans back

Death - He releases his mace and falls forward to the ground, where upon his body releases multiple blood-red wisps

Dance - (Coming soon)

Okay, so he's got mostly the same stats as his first version, but his abilities are completely different. Let me know what you guys think, and try to offer some constructive criticism.

Script Lord

08-20-2012

Reserved

Script Lord

08-20-2012

Over 130 views and not a single comment?

LegionofArcana

08-20-2012

I will however comment of this one is mass b/c making a nice Adam and Eve concept ability and also sin ability is ultimate i was thinking one thing you should tweak that is the best for the ultimate should be about Lady Luck called unfortunate luck.
here check mine out its still under construction but you will see a sneak peak of it

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ighlight=sinis

MithanderLeso

08-20-2012

The concept is pretty heavy in terms of Christian mythos, and doesn't really fit the lore of the game. However, if you could manage to change the references about things pertaining to the League specifically, it would be a stronger overall concept. I understand you're trying to do some literary allusions and the such, but they just fit kinda awkward into a world, where there is no such thing as Christianity, nor was there ever an Adam and Eve.
Good concept, but could use some reworking to fit within the design of the game.

Script Lord

08-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MithanderLeso View Post
The concept is pretty heavy in terms of Christian mythos, and doesn't really fit the lore of the game. However, if you could manage to change the references about things pertaining to the League specifically, it would be a stronger overall concept. I understand you're trying to do some literary allusions and the such, but they just fit kinda awkward into a world, where there is no such thing as Christianity, nor was there ever an Adam and Eve.
Good concept, but could use some reworking to fit within the design of the game.
Erm, if by "heavy in Christian mythos" you mean the concept of vice and sin, then no. While they may originate from religious scripture, they are not exclusive to religion. Sin and vice exists in all cultures around the world, being that they are acts and traits that are deemed immoral or improper by whatever social power governs a region. The Seven Deadly sins are rather universally the seven biggest offenses to the majority of cultures.

If you're referring to the overall names of the skills, then those just sounded cool and that's what I went with. No need to be a jerk about it.

If you mean the little flavor text I have/had at the beginning before describing what the skills do, then that's just for decor.

Are you being serious? I haven't even put his lore up and you're already freaking playing Proper Patrol? Dude, get a life. Seriously. It's rather pathetic to nitpick little things like inspiration and theme in something like this, and while I appreciate the input I don't like how you're presenting your criticism.

Script Lord

08-20-2012

Bump

Script Lord

08-22-2012

Bump for input

Ask the Herald

08-22-2012

BUmp

Ask the Herald

08-23-2012

Bump