I want to try a support, who??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enygm4

08-21-2012

I like sona because her stun, "pentakill skin" and obviously her heal.
Is she a good support?
Who is the most useful?
May you give me the build of the support?

Lee Sunkyuu

08-21-2012

It's allllllll in the synergy of your lane, and your playstyle.

If you want to be aggressive and secure kills, Taric/Leona/Blitz/Alistar are good picks. These tend to go well with bursty AD carries like Graves or Corki.

If your goal is to simply be passive and farm until late game, Soraka is a real pain to lane against because of her infinite sustain.

Janna has good disruption for when your team needs a peeler, or if the enemy team has someone like Kennen.

Sona... Isn't as good since her early game poke was hit pretty hard by the nerfs. She's still really good with AoE teams if you want to lock down your enemies for your team to engage.

As for builds, I usually start Faerie Charm + wards + pots, then build into Philosopher's Stone (boots if I'm one of the aforementioned aggressive supports), then Heart of Gold, then either a Shurelya's Reverie if our team needs engage, or Aegis of the Legion. Then you can choose from a number of good aura items, namely Stark's Ferv-I mean Zeke's Herald, Frozen Heart, Randuin's Omen, Will of the Ancients, Locket of the Iron Solari, etc.

And don't forget your wards! Lots and lots of wards! And Oracle's, if you can afford it. My rule is, if you leave base with less than 3 wards and have more than 75g as a support, you're doing it wrong.

iRukia

08-21-2012

Well when I play support I play it full AP as in with AP runes and my self made AP/Support Mastery so it's like MANMODE in my lane. I play supper aggressive with high rewards but yea Sona is fine for a beginner support. Her poke still hurts if you play her like me and I max Q, yup I max Q then W. Her ult is game changing but her heals are not that strong so you might wanna try Soraka if you're a fan of heals and such but Sona is like a walking mini baron.

Radinferno

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2012

sona's still a strong pick. her early game is still decently strong, just not as bursty as before.

maximumboss

08-22-2012

^Agreed. Nonsense to Sona not having early game pressure. Her Q might not hit as hard, but the sheer frequency of being hit by Sona's Q+Passive+Auto attacks is enough to force the opposing carry/support into playing defensive.

Also, Sona can harass through creep walls. That might not seem like much, but it is.

Agent Mist

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Sunkyuu View Post
And don't forget your wards! Lots and lots of wards! And Oracle's, if you can afford it. My rule is, if you leave base with less than 3 wards and have more than 75g as a support, you're doing it wrong.
So support has to be the one who wards the places.... I'll do better nxt time

Enygm4

08-22-2012

Nice posts, thank you all.
I didn't think that sona isn't too good, when I play tank with a carry partner against another carry and sona, its pretty hard and she hit really hard too even I was tank.
Anyway the team that I play most of the times have varus and ashe carrys.

Happy Decoy

08-22-2012

Karma makes a nice support choice. AP damage, shield, healing, and CC all in one fan-wielding package.

Atacand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MissPwnage View Post
Well when I play support I play it full AP as in with AP runes and my self made AP/Support Mastery so it's like MANMODE in my lane. I play supper aggressive with high rewards but yea Sona is fine for a beginner support. Her poke still hurts if you play her like me and I max Q, yup I max Q then W. Her ult is game changing but her heals are not that strong so you might wanna try Soraka if you're a fan of heals and such but Sona is like a walking mini baron.
Running Ap runes/masteries and building AP only makes your teamfighting potential weaker (given that you build AP rather than support items i.e Aegis/shurelya's). Although in the late late game you will become useful as an AP carry, there is no way you will have enough gold to keep up with wards all while leaving the CS to the ad carry. Even if you do manage to scrap enough gold to start building Ap while warding, your AP items are way lacking for your level. So why bother being a wannabe ap carry when your team can benefit so much more from a standard support? I'm sure we all know the reason :P

My two cents on Sona

Sona is by no means an easy champion to master. Most people know how to play her adequately, but few know how to play her to her fullest potential. Most of us (me included lol) just faceroll her coords and shoot wtv power coord comes up. A good Sona player will know when and where to use each individual power coord when they come up.

I think it's also important to mention that Sona's level 1 heal is has a HIGHER healing potential than Soraka's. Although the healing amount per cast is lower, Sona's "w" has a lower CD which allows her to cast her heals more often.

Epsilon2012

08-22-2012

Quote:
Sona... Isn't as good since her early game poke was hit pretty hard by the nerfs. She's still really good with AoE teams if you want to lock down your enemies for your team to engage.
I still can do about 1/4th of a squishy's HP with a Q+Powerchord Combo...

And that's with no offensive runes/masteries...