Why is Kog'Maw so OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadonja

08-22-2012

I am having difficulties laning vs Kog'Maw when I play Miss Fortune. I out-CS him so hard but he just spams his herpderp ult while soraka gives him infinate mana. It is broken. Plz fix

WizzaX The Great

08-22-2012

I hate Kog but this is just silly.

SingularPoint

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

The problem is because you're playing Miss Fortune.

Jokes
There's no 'best' solution to you what you can do, as every game is different. Rather, what can you improvise? If your support is tanky (Alistar, Blitz) ask them to harass. If you have a Janna or Sona, ask them to constantly heal/shield instead of using their other skills.
Why not kite his ult (as there's a moment before it falls and hits) and hit him a bit in return? Kog is very squishy so exploit that and force Soraka to use up her mana in healing him?
Hug your turret, if you're out CSing him, just sit back, farm up and give him a good kick in the rear mid-late game?

There's plenty of ways to beat someone in lane besides outright mauling their faces in damage.

Chilly the Ninja

08-22-2012

Alot of this probably stems from how you are playing against him. With a soraka feeding him endless mana... eventually you will be poked to death or at least whittled down to the point where you can be easily cleaned up or have to b. what you need is to either capitalize on the kog having poor positioning and attacking 2v2 with your support ( you have heal debuff... if you focus kog she can't heal him for massive amounts and chances are if your focusing him he will run instead of fight..) or just try to coordinate with your jungler for a gank. ( that's a whole different can of worms tho) I'm no pro by any means... but it seems to me like you are playing the lane to THEIR strengths and not yours.