New Dominion mode?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Khahandala

08-19-2012

Alright guys, Hold onto your panties as they may be blown off whilst I describe my idea.

~~~~~~~NEW DOMINION MODE~~~~~~~~

DETAILS:

-Map, similiar to the crystal scar. is a massive killing field alike to a safari hunt.
-DOESN'T HAVE 5 CAPTURE POINTS (I told you to hold your panties)
-Neutral mobs EVERYWHERE (Sign me up Riot)
-Neutral mobs have buffssssssss
-One single capture point in the center of the map ( OW MA GAWSH )
-KING OF THE HILL
-Points work on this:
-You get points for getting control of the point
-You get points for killing people within the 'zone' in and around the point
-Maybe get points for killing HUGE neutrals, (like bonus points for a big kill in a big game hunt?)
-Other dominiony point systems.

New item?!?!?!
This mode only, some sort of consumable that targets an enemy champion or neutral. which is like a ping beacon on the thing, but longer and gives you a 10% damage increase or something. (This might not work but ohwell.)

THEME:
A massive safari place, like a Serengeti-like place or something. In Valoran it could be based in either the Tempest Flats, Kumungu or the Shurina Desert. (Map: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/sites/...images/map.jpg)

Yeah.

Sir Khahandala

08-19-2012

Shameless self bump

AbsolutePK

08-20-2012

Considering each current game mode has its own zone location in the world map in the Cusom Game creation screen, I'm curious on why there isn't more maps already.

Where's our Capture the Flag map? Co-op dungeon crawler map? Team Deathmatch map? Last Man Standing map?

Maybe one day Riot will implement a Designer tool much like the Starcraft designer. There's just too much potential to limit yourself to the same old 3 lane design.

Maybe that's asking too much for a F2P game, or I could just want to condense all the possibilities into 1 game so I don't have to decide between 8 different games I want to play.

Lethal stoner

08-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutePK View Post
Considering each current game mode has its own zone location in the world map in the Cusom Game creation screen, I'm curious on why there isn't more maps already.

Where's our Capture the Flag map? Co-op dungeon crawler map? Team Deathmatch map? Last Man Standing map?

Maybe one day Riot will implement a Designer tool much like the Starcraft designer. There's just too much potential to limit yourself to the same old 3 lane design.

Maybe that's asking too much for a F2P game, or I could just want to condense all the possibilities into 1 game so I don't have to decide between 8 different games I want to play.
this would be so much win

wc3 anyone? hh

Phourc

08-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutePK View Post
I'm curious on why there isn't more maps already.
Because once you make a new map, you have to balance around that new map in addition to all the others, FOREVER.

Aletex13

08-20-2012

i guess but that didnt happen with jax and ctf would make half the champs usless

PSEUDO CRUDO

08-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
Because once you make a new map, you have to balance around that new map in addition to all the others, FOREVER.
That's what multiple bans are for. And a Ranked mode, where counter-picks are possible.

But yeah...it's an unfortunate consequence of the way the game is designed. Still, I would love a CTF mode. I think Riot could be creative enough to make it a viable game mode. There are possibilities. Here are ways to try to limit champions like Jax in a mode like this:

- Drop flag if any ability is used (perhaps the most radical solution)
or
- Reduce range of all abilities by half while carrying flag
or
- Reduce movement speed while carrying flag
or
- Drop flag if a blink / jump ability is used

Or some combination of the above.

Anyway, I think it'd be great. Once Dominion came out, I absolutely fell for it. And naturally so, since I felt it was familiar to my favorite WoW BG - Arathi Basin. And my second favorite was Warsong Gulch, so yeah I think I'd be all over a CTF mode if ever one came out.

AbsolutePK

08-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAIT WHERE IS IT View Post
That's what multiple bans are for. And a Ranked mode, where counter-picks are possible.

But yeah...it's an unfortunate consequence of the way the game is designed. Still, I would love a CTF mode. I think Riot could be creative enough to make it a viable game mode. There are possibilities. Here are ways to try to limit champions like Jax in a mode like this:

- Drop flag if any ability is used (perhaps the most radical solution)
or
- Reduce range of all abilities by half while carrying flag
or
- Reduce movement speed while carrying flag
or
- Drop flag if a blink / jump ability is used

Or some combination of the above.
All of those are easily done, hell the only large speed boost in WoW that doesn't make you drop the flag is the Speed Boots pickup. But the map is fairly large and no single class ability aside from Rogue double sprint lets you cross the field in an extremely short amount of time. Then again, I did stop playing WoW in early Cataclysm and Gulch sometime in WotLK.

The map would have to be fairly large, and map-wide movements should either drop the flag or be unusable. Shen, Pantheon, Teleport all be disabled or make you drop the flag and get a debuff that makes you unable to pick the flag back up for 10 seconds. Also Zhonya's Hourglass should drop the flag.

But I think leaps and such should at least still be usable or let you retain the flag. Stuff like Jax leap isn't very long range, Akali leap is only on hostile enemies, Katarina leap could be a problem if she gets assists/kills and the stars align and her team is spread out between the bases.

But with a CTF map brings a whole bunch of other problems, like Income, leveling process, item buying, creeps, early-game, mid-game, late-game champions and such. Maybe a psuedo-jungle could be worked in with some neutral creeps that net a decent amount of xp and gold, but flag carriers would need to be displayed on the minimap or something so it's not like playing hide-and-seek. Maybe 15 seconds after picking up the flag have your position displayed on the minimap or something.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2012

i honestly hate the idea, it's basically farm jungle creeps till you get more fed than the other and can hold thepoint for an infinite amount of time, however Riot changing the match history to showcase League of legends: Dominion ad buying an internet domain called League of legends: Supremacy hints that maybe you'll get what you want i don't know when, don't know how i only know that riot bought the Domains, yes it was more than one.

Stiff Tacos

08-21-2012

Does the hill have a turret that pew pews at people?