Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Kassadin Build?? Tell me what you think

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KaptKirk51

08-19-2012

So I've been playing a ton of Kass lately and found myself getting sick of face rolling 75% of the time with the standard mana-tank voidstaff build. Decided to do a bit of theory work and this is my halfway btw tanky and glass cannon build try it out and let me know what you think.

Runes
Marks - flat magic pen
Seals - scaling health
Glyphs - scaling AP
Quints - flat health

Explanation - I didn't feel like buying more runes to be honest so these may not be ideal but they are pretty **** close. Will make more sense why I chose these when you see masteries and items below

Masteries

9/0/21

Offensive - Summoners Wrath, +3 AD, +4% CDR, +10% magic pen........these should be self explanatory. 3 AD is worth more than 3 AP.

Defensive- pretty much every single damage mitigating mastery. Full MR and armor, every single health buff, reduce dmg from AoE, CDR per level, 1.5% dmg reduction and juggermaut

Explanation: Didn't do any number crunching on these just play tested them and found the most survivability. The reason I go 9/21/0 instead of 21/9/0 is with my item build it would only give me around 28 extra AP and I would lose about 200 EHP (HP with armor and MR taken into account), along with some CDR and the 10% reduction in CC from juggernaut.

The Bread and Butter

Start: boots, meki pendant, and amplifying tome (+2 health pots)

Next trip back to base upgrade those to fiendish codex

Mana problems : get chalice of harmony next, if not build sheen first then chalice after

Upgrade to magic pen boots

Upgrade chalice and codex --> Athenes Unholy Grail this will solve any mana problem you could ever have ( as long as your not an idiot)

At this point your sitting with magic pen boots, unholy grail, and sheen You should be doing good damage for this point in the game so we start to get a little tankier

get a Glacial Shroud (armor first if you cant afford the whole thing) this tops off your mana, gives you armor, and puts you just about at 40% CDR (3 second ult timer at max level)

You should be terrorizing the other team by now, with crazy mana regen, a little tankyness, and those sheen procs.

Icing on the cake upgrade sheen to lichbane. Now you are a moster....other team is afraid to run in the jungle etc....

AT THIS POINT you have spent 9,195 gold which if you are decent should be obtainable in most of the games you play. After this you have two options in my opinion. IF the game is still going to go for a bit or I am wrecking **** I will save up and buy a Zonyas.

Zonyas = you will be unstoppable bumps your armor from items to 101 and your AP to 300. With MR from Grail, Lichbane, and your passive you are almost untouchable. With max CDR you can riftwalk in unleash your full combo, use Zonyas active, and immediately riftwalk away when the 2 seconds are up.

I have yet to die after i buy Zonyas in any game.

That being said Zonyas brings the gold total up to 12.2k which is doable occasionally but not very likely (maybe 15-25% of the games). If I dont think the game is going to go long enough I will get the mana-tanks favortie toy instead....the Void Staff. All around good AP and more magic pen. If the game ends up going longer than you thought just throw a moonflair spellblade on top of it (decently cheap for 50 AP and tenacity).

***also if having trouble with AAS champs just upgrade to Frozen heart instead

Like any Kassadin build this is a little weak early game, competitive mid game, and a monster late game.

Skill Order start with 2 in Pulse and one in Sphere. I get one point at level 4 in nether blade for mana regen and extra sheen procs. At level 5 I put another point in sphere then alternately level pulse and sphere up. This is really just preference they both do the same exact damage depends on what you want more higher mana cost, poke with silence = sphere...........cheaper mana cost, short range AoE slow= pulse.

Oh and I usually run exhaust ignite.

General Play Style:
Jungle Assassin/Supporter/Backcapper
----you want to be hopping around the jungle, waiting in bushes for squishy champs, hopping across the map to help a teammate thats looking at a 2v1, ganking bot, capping their mid or bot when no one is around....basically DISRUPT what the other team is trying to do. Don't be afraid to initiate on dangerous champs.. sometimes ill initiate a completely fresh darius with only half health and let him follow me hopping aorund the jungle and lead him right into my team that is running for top just.

TL;DR - AP DMG Kass with more survivability than glass cannon. 9/0/21
Sorc Boots, Unholy Grail, Glacial Shroud, Lichbane, Zonyas (or Void Staff)

Any and all feedback is welcome. Hope you guys give it a shot and let me know what you think.

DG TheFeedski

Recruiter

08-19-2012

My feedback: Don't play Kassadin. No one needs a guide for him, he is that OP. I really wish he was deleted from this map...

KaptKirk51

08-19-2012

Cool I always like constructive feedback!

I am asking for other people who have played Kassadin what they think of my build when/if they try it out. I know Kass is OP this is not news to anyone.

Wubbitas

08-19-2012

Frozen Heart is beast on Kass.

Tortferngatr

08-20-2012

...Why not nab a health item at some point like Rylai's or Rod of Ages? Even though armor and MR don't technically give diminishing returns, health gives increasing returns as you get more resistances.

Painkillar

08-20-2012

I suggest an all heart of gold build, cause then you would be such a nice guy that you wouldn't fathom playing kass in a dominion game.

BuildPolice

08-20-2012

I like to run sorc boots, frozen heart, abyssal scepter, WotA, nashtor's.
Is is the best build? No, but Kassadin is that OP and making use of his W to rape faces is fun.

Silence, hop one them, E, pop W, use your auto attacks to regen mana while spell vamping off your W proc damage, spam R until they're dead.

I call it I'M IN YOUR FACE Kassadin.

TempNam325rwe5

08-20-2012

Painkillar, I smiled large-like at that comment.

HaIfhearted

08-20-2012

Have you tried the manatank aka rift-stacking Kass build yet?
It's the build most people use in high elo, including myself and notables like Sauron.

Start boots/ruby-sapp/pots
Tear
Glacial
Catalyst > Odyns
Void
Boots2 (sorcs for all-purpose, mercs if heavy cc is annoying, tabi if they have heavy physical)
ArchAngel Staff
Frozen Heart
Whee Deathcap

You probably won't get to Deathcap, but I actually completed a full build once. It was lol-tastic.

Heh, I'll probably get downvoted cause no one wants another Kassadin player running around ^_^

A single hat

08-20-2012

well, that build will certainly prevent you from facerolling as much