@Babagahnoosh: YOU GOTTA HELP ME MAN!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vuther

09-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGKodama View Post
Jax's are just simply goggles. They also do nothing.
So, you're saying... the goggles do nothing?

*puts on sunglasses*

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

...I half regret posting this and half want to.

Silverling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuther View Post
So, you're saying... the goggles do nothing?

*puts on sunglasses*

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

...I half regret posting this and half want to.
If you didn't say it I was going to. d=

dogbiter

09-15-2010

so, why he cant see through bushes then??????

Masonry

09-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbiter View Post
so, why he cant see through bushes then??????
cause they aren't x-ray

Also as far as I understood it Jax has 7 eyes. If you notice Jax also has 3 fingers and 2 toes. while Yi seems to have normal hands, not sure about his feet though. This leads to the possibility that Jax and yi are of different species and I also think Jax is the only of his kind in the League if not all of Valorian being that no land has ever said to have 7 eyed 3 fingered 2 toed people.

Dracorya

09-15-2010

I am pretty sure that Yi is human...one of his old lore stories confirmed it.

Zzilb

09-15-2010

Does anyone have that story anymore?
I hope so. I mean this in the most polite way but it seems fairly unpersuasive to say that, as so many matters of lore come down to twists of specific wording. Subjects are hardly settled without the wording in front of us. ;D

Babaganoosh has taken pains to describe all the non-human races. Just look at the ever present Yordle Vs Meggling business. If Yi is a member of a whole race of multi-eyed mutants, it really seems like someone wouldve mentioned it by now.
"When the armies of Noxus invaded Ionia, Master Yi joined in the Ionian defense to fight the craven enemy, bringing his village honor through his unparalleled mastery of the blade."
"Master Yi now brings his mastery of the blade to the League of Legends with unflinching purpose: to avenge his kinfolk and end the predations of the Noxus once and for all."
His background paints his kinfolk as Ionians. Who will declare Ionians have [x] eyeballs?

And hey, I'll add another unpersuasive thing: The matter of Jax's fingers 'n toes has come up more than once before the lore forums. There was talk of his gloves meaning nothing because his fingers could be distributed in them. If ever there was a time to put it all to rest, its now. Lay out the Noosh bait once more!

Tourist Fjord

09-15-2010

Methinks Jax wears gloves...

To conceal his Identity that much further~

Dracorya

09-15-2010

Quote:
If asked, Yi will tell you he was born from wisps of the cosmos, and that is why he moves like the wind. Those who have faced him in combat know the bite of the Wuju Bladesman- he strikes twice, without warning, and is gone. Often, the only clue that you are about to be struck by Master Yi is the hiss of his blade as it parts the air.

Keeper of the ancient art of Wuju, Master Yi is a mystical warrior from the isle of Ionia. His village was steeped in Wuju, and his kinfolk were some of the few to carry the tradition into the modern day. That is, until the armies of Noxus came to Ionia, ravaging the land. Master Yi went to fight the craven enemy, bringing his village honor through his unparalleled mastery of the blade. However, in his absence, the armies of Noxus closed in and tested the latest invention of the chemist now known as Singed. What was done to his village is something of which Master Yi will not speak. However, he has brought his mastery of the blade to the League of Legends in order to avenge his kinfolk and end the predations of the Noxus once and for all.

Master Yi brings the art of the Wuju style in a way that makes his enemies falter. He is capable of fighting with lightning speed, as well as finding purchase behind the defenses of an enemy's armor. He can call on his inner fortitude, regenerating at an accelerated rate. Calling upon ancient forces, Master Yi can fold space, appearing behind enemy after enemy. He is even able to reject magic, rendering it useless against him.

Master Yi himself has studied the arts of Wuju for more than a thousand years. He is the oldest known living human on Valoran, but to gaze upon him, you would guess him no more than thirty years old. The art of Wuju lives on in Master Yi, and is plunged through the hearts of his foes.
Here's Yi's old lore for the curious.

Zzilb

09-15-2010

Fantastic! Thank you very much for that. Even if its no longer so very official, its still fascinating and your effort improved my day. A thousand years old and folding space itself? When they named it 'League of Legends' back then, they mustve really meant Legends..

We see a lot of his story elements Have carried over, and I find it extremely likely he simply went from ancient being to very gifted human, not very gifted Ionian Beholder.

Frag Pulf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2010

When I look at Yi's Iona skin I only see a total of 4 fingers (counting the thumb) is this just me missing something?