So I just Scoured throught the Vel'Koz AMA

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stofen

Senior Member

02-26-2014

And I managed to find this

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotOpeli
We don't have an event planned for Vel'Koz's release, but we've definitely noticed all your guys awesome speculation and excitement, and it's something I'd personally love to explore more in the future.
Vel'Koz himself is not a watcher, but I don't think it's crazy to think that a rift may have opened in the Freljord a long time ago.
Welp, guess we'll have to wait till summer to see anything interesting happening.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SecretLore

Senior Member

02-26-2014

By now it was kinda clear that there won't be a void event,otherwise stuff would have appeared on the pbe already.

Also it is a good thing that they disproved the "velkoz a watcher"-theory once and for all,got tired about all this speculation


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThorRush

Senior Member

02-26-2014

Events are usually larger than just one champion release. There are icons for some kind of masquerade thing, but they did just have Lunar Revel, Valentine's Day, and the Winter Games, they probably made enough profit for now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DavidOfNarwhal

Junior Member

02-26-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorRush View Post
Events are usually larger than just one champion release. There are icons for some kind of masquerade thing, but they did just have Lunar Revel, Valentine's Day, and the Winter Games, they probably made enough profit for now.
One does not simply make to much profit


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SchaakaKon

Senior Member

02-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretLore View Post
By now it was kinda clear that there won't be a void event,otherwise stuff would have appeared on the pbe already.

Also it is a good thing that they disproved the "velkoz a watcher"-theory once and for all,got tired about all this speculation
Where did all the Void event hype come from? Was it a fan speculation that got out of hand?

Im really disappointed that VelKoz isnt a watcher, not that I find anything super interesting about the watchers but it seems that VelKoz lorewise adds nothing and his kit lacks mobility so he isnt going to see competitive play. We wait four months for a new champ and we practically get nothing.

I dont mean to be a doom crier, like a certain few peoples that haunt the lore forums, but it is frustrating.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SecretLore

Senior Member

02-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchaakaKon View Post
1.Where did all the Void event hype come from? Was it a fan speculation that got out of hand?

2.Im really disappointed that VelKoz isnt a watcher, not that I find anything super interesting about the watchers but it seems that VelKoz lorewise adds nothing and 3.his kit lacks mobility so he isnt going to see competitive play. 4.We wait four months for a new champ and we practically get nothing.
1.Exactly,there was never any indication that there'd be some kind of lore event,everyone was just like "omg void champ,please void event",something similar happened when jinx was released and everyone hoped for a piltover event,or when sivirs rework was released and everyone assumed there'd be some kind of shurima event

2.Well he gives more insight about the void,that not all void creatures consume through eating and that zileans lore is still canon and won't change that much(overall zilean needed someone who is connected to him,his joke rivalry with volibear was the only one he had)

3.Jinx says hi,if his damage is high enough,he might still be viable.

4.Yasuo came out in the mid of december,velkoz at the end of febuary,that is like 2 and a half months,not 4 months.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KiteMeGood

Senior Member

02-27-2014

Volibear's rivalry with Zilean may not be such a joke anymore given how Zilean's resigned to fate while Volibear is intent on resisting the Watchers to the bitter end.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SchaakaKon

Senior Member

02-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretLore View Post
1.Exactly,there was never any indication that there'd be some kind of lore event,everyone was just like "omg void champ,please void event",something similar happened when jinx was released and everyone hoped for a piltover event,or when sivirs rework was released and everyone assumed there'd be some kind of shurima event

2.Well he gives more insight about the void,that not all void creatures consume through eating and that zileans lore is still canon and won't change that much(overall zilean needed someone who is connected to him,his joke rivalry with volibear was the only one he had)

3.Jinx says hi,if his damage is high enough,he might still be viable.

4.Yasuo came out in the mid of december,velkoz at the end of febuary,that is like 2 and a half months,not 4 months.
1. I suppose I shoulda expected that (honestly, I was pretty excited for a Void themed event).

2. So we now know the Void beings can have very introvert humanlike thoughts, I would have preferred the Void stuck to the Lovecraftian theme imo. I reread Zileans lore, I reread VelKoz lore, I read some of his AMA, where is it mentioned that he has a connection to Zilean? The only thing ive seen people mention is that in VelKoz lore, he destroys a single clock - Zilean doesnt own every clock..

3. Jinx is my prime example. She's seen very little play in the last few weeks on the lcs'es. She does have very high damage output put her lack of mobility makes her unreliable and players are simply moving away from her.

4. Haha, I am terrible at being a patient person but that is going to be five months of nothing new lorewise (granted it takes another 2.5 months for the next champ).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SecretLore

Senior Member

02-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchaakaKon View Post
2. So we now know the Void beings can have very introvert humanlike thoughts, I would have preferred the Void stuck to the Lovecraftian theme imo. I reread Zileans lore, I reread VelKoz lore, I read some of his AMA, where is it mentioned that he has a connection to Zilean? The only thing ive seen people mention is that in VelKoz lore, he destroys a single clock - Zilean doesnt own every clock..
Zileans tower is the only thing that wasn't destroyed by the magelords and velkoz finds an intact tower in an otherwise destroyed city.
He doesn't destroy anything inside the tower,he decided to protect it
it had magical objects that existed in several times at once(so it weren't simple clocks,but items who were influenced by time magic).

Also vel'koz has a special interaction with zilean(I think he only has it in his bc-skin for some reason...)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ursarkar E Creed

Member

02-27-2014

Hang on a second he sead that it would be crazy that a void rift might had opened in Freljord a long time ago has anyone ever gotten a good look at whats the bottem of the Howling Abyss becuse if anywhare thats whare the void rift would be


12