Phoenix Sun [An Ahri Story]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeadlySlicer

Recruiter

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trolosaurus View Post
Now as for the dark man's identity...... Shaco or Jarvan IV?
*Shakes head None of them... I think

MiaoLong

08-24-2012

Hey guys? Do me a favor, and really search for typos! I want to make this the best I can.

Chapter 3

Vesseria Kolminye retired to her office, in anticipation of the impending attack. She had just given her summoners a rousing speech, demanding strength and courage in this time of crisis. She stirred their hearts to fight for their livelihoods and their world against the craven invaders. And then to cheers of her subordinates, she excused herself to prepare for battle.

Inside, her insides churned with apprehension. All she wanted to do was run away.
She was the High Councilor, and one of the three most important people in the League. Surely she had little reason to be on the front lines. So she could only wait in horrible anticipation, for either the alien forms of the invaders to burst through her office doors and slit her throat, or for the hulking silhouette of Reginald, with his lamppost bloody and dent, to stride in, and claim victory in her name.

She could only wait.

She sealed the door of her office, and fell bodily onto her chair. From there, she could monitor the entire battle. But she didn’t want to. Her courage waned. She grasped for her bottle of Graggy Black Ice, which was normally hidden deep in her desk drawer, but as she fumbled, her hands only brushed dusty files and old inkwells.
The Councilor cursed as she cut her hand on a broken piece of glass.
“Damn it!”
From behind, LeBlanc held the bottle of Graggy over Councilor Kolminye’s shoulder, tilting it by its neck.
“Looking for this?”

Jax smashed yet another dozen soldiers in a mess of black blood and shattered obsidian. Another squad advanced from his flank, racing up the steps with the abandon of suicide troops, but were quickly cut down by the row of snipers nested in the mountains around the Institute. Without pause, Jax swept up his Mjolnir, augmented the weathered and beaten hammer until it shone gold like the sun, and smashed a crevasse dozens of feet deep into the Institute steps. The instant fissure hungrily swallowed up another half-century and a siege tower, but still there were thousands, hundreds of thousands more ready to move in, ready to end the Grandmaster’s one-man stand.
Yet still Jax fought on.

Shen stood in a meditative pose in the Magma Chamber. If there was such thing as hell on earth, the Magma Chambers would be it. The heat caused the entire cavern to shift and wave in bends, until the entire damn place looked like it was underwater. The sensation, however, was nothing like being submerged. The heat, the oppressive heat, cooked and baked the Eye of the Twilight as he sat on a perilous chokepoint; an extremely thin bridge of hardened magma that would let only one across at a time. So far, he only moved to slice the head of the odd Dark Battalion soldier that managed to navigate its way to the exit. The rest perished under the murderous heat. Yet, he was surprised at how many men the Battalion had committed to the fight down under. Even though the Eye of the Twilight watched 8, 9 out of 10 men collapse and die to the heat, there were still a dozen corpses that now lay dead for grace of sword, not flame, and nearly thrice that number that died from merely a tap that sent them stumbling into the lava below.

If Shen had not been there, an attack force of maybe a hundred would have collected below the institute by now, and probably attacked.
The ninja was troubled at how casually the Battalion’s commander threw away his men, but a thousand times upon thousands more troubled…. Troubled that the commander could even have so many men to fight.
But there was still the guard to be held. Shen stepped forwards, and cut off the head of another swordman, sending the soldier falling headless into the pits.

Yi parried the blow of the soldier with ease, flicking his Dragon Rising to the side, and striking the enemy halberd into the rock. Yi twisted away from the wild punch by the soldier, and took the opportunity to trip the thing with a sweep of his legs. As the thing fell on all forwards, Yi stepped forwards, and struck downwards with his blade, and into the halberdier, cutting through shaft, plated armor, and soldier itself. The thing collapsed, joining its brothers in an ever-growing pile of bodies at the center of the Proving Grounds.
“Next.”
The next soldier stepped forwards, this one holding a wicked sword in each hand.
The two struck.

Fiora, who was next in line to relieve Yi, stood leaning against the second tier tower, checking her immaculately manicured nails. She called out, taunting the Bladesmaster.
“Maître Yi, are you not yet getting tired? Your blade seems dulled and slow, and I am not yet as ancient as you. It is considered ‘onorable in my culture to let ze young guard pick up after ze old.”

The Wuju master stepped to the side of a scissors cut, and with lightning-quick reactions, grabbed the thing’s arm, and twisted it behind it, breaking several bones in what sounded like the shattering of glass. A quick blow to the back of the neck, and the neckbones shattered too, dropping the soldier dead in his tracks.

“Sorry--I’m not done yet, little Fiora.” Yi gave a small grin. “Oblige an old man, and wait until I’m tired.” Yi dodged an axe throw from behind blind, and caught it in front of him, after it had already missed hitting his head. The Wuju master then twisted around and gave the obsidian axe back to its owner. He didn’t miss.
“It might be a while…” Yi said apologetically. Behind him, the soldier crumpled, with an axe between the eyes.

Fiora groaned, and flicked her hair with annoyance. She went back to inspecting her nails, when something caught her eye in the reflection of her sword. In the reflection, it seemed to be person, holding onto a blade.
“Oi, oi, oi,” Fiora called out, still fixated on her nails. “Monsieur Talon! Your turn ‘as not come yet.”
A hard, grating voice that was definitely not Talon cut in.
“Out of the way,” The dark man growled.
Fiora looked up in surprise, snarled, and drew her sword. She leveled her rapier at the slowly advancing man.
“Who are you? Answer immediately!”

The man did not stop. Now that Fiora could see him more clearly, a twinge of fear, a rare emotion for her, rung in her heart. Stripped half-naked, the man looked as if he was forged from iron. Rippled, savage muscles bound his bare chest. His face was half obscured by a large black bandanna that covered the man’s right eye, and by a long, flowing beard that had black ribbons strung through them. The only part of his face that was visible, his left eye, was hard an unyielding. The old man had pillowing, baggy black pants that were so popular among Ionian martial artists. Through all of it, he was completely unarmored, which just made him more intimidating, as his chest and pectorals were filled with so many scars that the man looked as if he was born part-tiger. Even though the man had set his blade down behind him, he was still a terrifying sight.

“S-stop!” Fiora stepped forwards, resting the tip of her point on the man’s chest. She had the insane concern that she may not be able to pierce the man’s skin. “One more step, and I run you ‘trough!”

The man took a step forwards, letting the rapier sink in a half inch. He did not flinch.

“What is a woman doing, in a sport for men?

Fiora screamed, and pulled her rapier out. She swung her rapier to the side, but hit nothing. The man easily sidestepped the lightning-quick blow with a tilt of his massive bulk. The man skipped back, dodging several more slashes, before reaching his sword. He gripped his sword, and slowly raised it. Fiora started to tremble at the sight. The sword was far longer than she had realized, nearly ten feet long, and forged from what looked like extremely dense steel. Despite this, the man held the absolutely colossal blade with a single hand. The design was crude, but terrifying practical. It looked as if the man was holding just a slab of iron.

The champion swallowed her fear, and charged at the man. A bad choice.

The man swung the massive blade with impossible speed at the charging Fiora. Fiora, caught off guard, had barely enough time to raise her blade, and catch the sword before she was beat onto the ground, off her feet and in a heap on the stones, with a single strike. If she had not blocked the blow, she would have been cut in half lengthwise.
She started backing away, but still the man did not stop. He kept on walking towards the center of the Proving Grounds. He kept on walking towards Yi.
Fiora tripped while backing up, and the man was upon her. He gave her a glance, and then raised his blade. Without hesitation, he drove it down, piercing Fiora through her stomach. The duelist screamed in agony, and her sword snapped, shattered from a futile attempt to block the death blow; the pieces clattered noisily against the stone.
Yi turned around at the noise, only to see the man drag Fiora to her knees, and prepare to execute her. He swung at her exposed neck.
“No!” Yi’s footsword spun, and stuck itself by Fiora’s leg.
Yi dashed in, stepping into the fifth dimension. He ran through the world of darkness and light, until he reached the red tassel of his footsword, his marker and way of navigating through the other world when he chose to. Crouching down, he picked up the Fiora gently. He intended to dash all the way back to their side of the Proving Grounds, and drop her off, but as he did, something ELSE reached up behind him, grabbed him by the collar, and dragged him into the real world.
Yi re-entered the world, hitting the ground and blinding speeds, while accidentally dropping Fiora on the ground with him. The girl bounced and rolled off the stone, trailing blood from her stomach wound.

“Who--?” Yi turned to the man.
He glared at the offender, who was standing stock still, massive sword in his hands. There was something that troubled Yi deeply about the man. Something old crept into his mind. Creeping notes of… familiarity.
“Wuju style!” Yi yelled, wrapping his blade in hexes and runes.
Yi gave a savage cut to the man, but dark man avoided the ignited Dragon Rising with a twist of his body, barely skimming the blade. Time and time again, Yi swung, but the man would not block the blow. It was almost as if he knew Yi’s Wuju Prison would snare him if he even tried to block. Yi tried a wild strike, and this time, the man raised his sword to block. But unlike before, his sword was wrapped in a fiery light, and that light burned away Yi’s runes and hexes, leaving his Dragon Rising naked. The man slammed back Yi with his black sword, sending Yi skidding against the rock.
Yi lost patience, and flipped upwards. He swung his blade up, and angled it downwards, driving it like a nail at the man.
“Bravehear--”
The man grabbed Yi, and threw him to the ground. Yi rolled several times over, and got up slowly. The Wuju master wiped blood from his mouth.
“Yi… you should know better than that!” The man gave a fierce snarl, and Yi could see his red eyes almost glow in the night. “After all… I was the one who taught you!”
“What?”
Pins and needles shot all over Yi at the statement. The Wuju Bladesman looked up incredulously at the boast, and at the man in the black garb who made it. A memory of a similar man, so many thousands of years ago, in a similar, white garb, flashed through his mind.
“It couldn’t be…” He would not believe it. That man has been dead for thousands of years!

Yi flung his two foot-swords at the dark man, who only had to flick his blade in annoyance at the missiles. Yi stepped into the fifth dimension, and started his Blades Dash. But once he did, there was something else in the world with him. A dark, monstrous shadow. It swept towards him with equal speed, and grabbed him by the face.
Yi re-entered the real world with a shout, as the dark man slammed the Wuju Bladesman a foot-deep into a stone tower.
“Fool! You are not the only one who can enter the Wu!” The dark man punctuated every sentence with one more slam into Yi, driving him deeper into the rock. “How could I have wasted so many years teaching your hopeless self?! How could you possibly be so stupid?! How could a pupil of mine be so WEAK?!”
Yi could barely choke out his words.
“M-master…?”
“No more words. You aren’t worthy to the blood of the Wuju.” Master Heian raised his great black blade.
Yi raised his Dragon Rising, too.
“I’m sorry, Sifu”
Vacuums wrapped about the Dragon Rising, trapping Master Heian in their suction. The great, hulking man tried to escape the vaccum’s embrace, but he was stuck fast. Slowly, but surely, he was being dragged to towards the Dragon Rising.
Master Yi, with slow, deliberate effort, swept his blade back. Heian could see how the edges of the tears in space cut through the tower behind Yi with no resistance. He could see the power. Heian could see death in Yi’s stroke.
“Dragon Slayer! ALPHA STRIKE!”
“Shadow Highlander!”
Yi swung.
Heian disappeared.
A whirl of black and dark colors struck Yi as he was forcibly dragged through the tower, reducing it to rubble. Yi was then thrown back, smacking against the stone steps, rolling, bouncing against the rock. Finally, he came to a rest, lying face up. He did not move.
Master Heian reappeared in the real world a few seconds later. He gazed at Yi with appraisal. Cradled in his hands, over his hardened abdominals, was a perfect, almost-deadly cut from Yi’s ultimate strike.
“Hmph.”
He opened an orb communicator.
“I’m done. Do it.”

Master Heian’s voice crackled from one of LeBlanc’s earrings. LeBlanc was relaxing in Councilor Kolminye’s chair, her feet on the desk, when the order from Heian came. She took a last sip from the glass of Graggy she had cupped in her hands, then strode over to a panel of glowing hexes and runes set into stone. This was the control panel to the entire League. All she needed was the handprint of a High Councilor to activate the systems.
She picked up Councilor Kolminye’s hand, flipped it casually in her hands, before fitting it with some trouble onto a particular rune. The Rune unlocked, twisting and changing color, and with that, LeBlanc had control to the entire League’s defense systems. She tossed away the hand once she was done.
“So many attackers on the outside,” LeBlanc mused, “We should trap them outside, shouldn’t we, Councilor?”
The High Councilor did not respond. It would have been extremely disturbing if she did.
“I knew you would see things my way,” LeBlanc joked. She activated the forcefield.

Jax was in the midst of fighting yet another dozen soldiers, when he backed up to a wall. Strange. There was no wall before. The Grandmaster spun around, and what he saw made his stomach churn.
The entire Institute of War had been sealed off. Blue shields had wrapped around the entire building, cutting off the League from the entire rest of the world.

What was Councilor Kolminye thinking?! Jax raged in his mind, because he knew their stockpiles of food were far from enough. Cut off from supply, it was only a matter of time before all the defenders starved to death. Did the High Councilor’s cowardice finally catch up with her?!
But Jax had more pressing problems. He was trapped outside, with no way out, and tens of thousands of angry soldiers still left to fight. His pride wounded, Jax beat a hasty retreat.

Shen was roused from his meditation. He looked to his back, only to find that some mystical force had completely blocked off the exit back to the League. The ninja wordlessly started at his only way back. From as far as he knew, the incoming soldiers were being dropped from the surface above down to here; there would be no way out. He also did not know if the shield would stay forever.
That left only one option, and it would put his endurance to the test.
Shen sat back down, and continued to block off the exit. He was the Eye of the Twilight. He would endure.
And still all around him, more soldiers crawled to Shen, dying from the heat.

Master Heian motioned with his hand. Troops immediately started pouring in from the Proving Grounds entrance. Within a few minutes, all four-thousand of Heian’s elite company, minus the 76 that Master Yi had already slain, had managed to invade Institute walls. As soon as the last soldier cleared the entrace, LeBlanc activated the barrier, sealing off the last exit to the Institute.

Now the League was truly cut off.

Now their terror truly begins, LeBlanc thought gleefully.

DeadlySlicer

Recruiter

08-24-2012

Ok, Ahri better bust out some amazing sh*t right about now, and save everyone's a$$.

That was an amazing chapter. No mistakes or anything that I can find either.

MiaoLong

08-25-2012

Well, she doesn't have the Phoenix Rising with her... that Sh*t gone, brah/

Trolosaurus

08-25-2012

Then Olaf rushes in to pimpslap sum people
Also, a question, where is Wukong during all of this?

MiaoLong

08-25-2012

....Haha, um, not... anywhere? It's way too hard more me to add him in right now, and I have a feeling if I did try and wedge the monkey in, it would feel very tacked-on and pointless. If he does ever show up, it;ll be for comic relief, and I'm not a big fan of just adding that on for no reason.

RichardTh

08-25-2012

I just found this new story <3<3<3

MiaoLong

08-25-2012

<3?

k.

btw you guys, plesae talk more. I'm getting bored, and my threads are all slowing down.

Oçtøpus

08-25-2012

God Damnit. Are Varus/Jayce/Garen dead in this story? They would kick so much a$$.

MiaoLong

08-25-2012

Lol.... yes.

So sorry. They put up a good fight.
We will see more people later on, though. I have a personal favorite, Mantheon, that I'm itching to write in.

BTW what do you guys think of the main villain? I wanted to make Master Heian more of a badass, and a man of action, so he'll speak rarely, and cut people up alot.