Trapped in the ladders of solo que

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Number1 Boss

08-19-2012

First off: This is not another qq post "help im stuck in elo hell!", Im honestly looking for some help from higher elo players to see what they did to get where they are.

Right now after playing about 40 ranked games i keep bouncing around in the 1200-1300 elo range. Whenever I play, i feel like my play is always consistent and i do my best to be supportive towards my team. But it seems like I always get qued with people that honestly dont deserve this elo.

What prodded me to making this post was losing 5 ranked games in a row even though i played consistently in each with my stats being:
1st game- 13/5/3 Yorick
2nd game- 0/1/0 Yorick (Team fed and surrendered at 20)
3rd game- 2/2/2 Jax (Team fed yet again)
4th game- 6/7/9 Sion (1/8 Cho feed gg)
5th game- 15/7/8 Jax (Carried my team to lategame but lost)

When i play ranked i usually go top lane as I've heard solo laning is the easiest way to carry yourself. Every single time i play ranked my stats are consistent and i would say this is a good representation of my average games. Im just wonder how higher elo players (Not even 2k, just 1500-1600) manage to carry themselves out of this gap. Any advice is appreciated.

MishaIsAwesome

08-19-2012

If you are hovering around a certain elo, you're probably where you belong. That's not to say you will be at that elo forever. Practice makes perfect, and there is always room for improvement.

iplaynida

08-19-2012

Go mid. You can gank bot and top easily and help carry better. Also top is a bruiser position, your better being a carry position, ie ap or ad..

Number1 Boss

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MishaIsAwesome View Post
If you are hovering around a certain elo, you're probably where you belong. That's not to say you will be at that elo forever. Practice makes perfect, and there is always room for improvement.
Fairly generic answer, yet i welcome it all the same. In all honesty i feel like im just in general better than the people i lane against due to the fact that in my 42 games of ranked, i've only lost my lane once (riven vs olaf). I do agree that practice makes perfect and there is always room for improvement XD

Number1 Boss

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplaynida View Post
Go mid. You can gank bot and top easily and help carry better. Also top is a bruiser position, your better being a carry position, ie ap or ad..
I really do agree with this. I do prefer the bruiser position but playing an ap or ad carry really gives you more control over the game. I'll definitely start playing the carries harder