Gloating and Bashing the Metagame

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XCodes

08-19-2012

1) Yeah, this is kinda gloating. I'll admit, this is more about our opponents being bad than it is about the team I was on being good (that said, winning this game means we really can't be terrible).

2) This is also meant as a message to people who harp on and on about the metagame (I understand this isn't the entirely appropriate term here, but you should know what I'm talking about), going so far as reporting people who don't follow it strictly. Taric (myself) and Karma picked Teleport and it was obvious that the two of us had a gameplan for it. Everyone else on our team then decided to pick it for trolling purposes.

So yeah, we were at least 1 combat summoner short in every lane (3 short in bot, since our ADC disconnected and our Jungler came to fill in with Teleport/Smite), and the only lane that had problems at all was mid.

TL;DR: Skill > Metagame. I will agree to (and always work under the assumption of) the metagame being sort of the "default" setup you have for your team, but if you want to do something non-standard then 1) make sure it's at all feasible and 2) tell your team before doing it. If someone else says they want to do something that's not typical meta strategy and yet it's not absolutely terrible (like ADC solo top vs. a Bruiser terrible), then don't ***** them out for it. You're just being an ass, and I will punish you if your name comes up in the Tribunal for it.

TL;DR;TL;DR: Picking a summoner you don't like isn't a bannable offense.

Cenerae

08-19-2012

There's...nothing wrong with teleport though.

I mean the only reason you don't see it a lot if that exhaust/ignite are more useful in fights. Doesn't mean taking teleport is somehow 'anti-meta' O_o

Haivo128

08-19-2012

Normal game where anything works and if your opponents play like 500 elo means your doing something right.

XCodes

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
There's...nothing wrong with teleport though.

I mean the only reason you don't see it a lot if that exhaust/ignite are more useful in fights. Doesn't mean taking teleport is somehow 'anti-meta' O_o
After saying "metagame" for the first time, I noted that it's not exactly the "metagame" that I'm talking about (since there were still 2 bot and I still supported), but it is absolutely how the meta is perceived some times.

There's also a related note about how we didn't really have an ADC on our team, but rather we effectively ran two tanky/bruiser types bot lane in Taric and Cho, while their team was completely standard. So what I'm saying here is that you don't *need* to run AP mid, you don't *need* to run ADC bot (hell, Urgot goes bot all the time), so if nobody on your team is any good at that, then run something different, don't try and force someone into playing a champ they don't like/aren't good at thinking it's going to somehow make victory easier for you.

Also, finally, skill level matters way more than having the kind of team comp/runes/summoners/mastery setups pros use for the sake of having them. If you lose a game, it's not because your top lane was Mordekaiser instead of Vladimir, it's because the 5 people on the other team out-played the 5 people on your team.

XCodes

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haivo128 View Post
Normal game where nothing matters. Woosh
Ranked matters?

Haivo128

08-19-2012

Well...isn't that where the meta is played most? Normal games fill with 500-1000 elos you can go 5 revive/promote win a game and say it can work...why don't you go play some decent people with that setup and come back with another screenshot of your results.

XCodes

08-19-2012

Quote:
Well...isn't that where the meta is played most? Normal games fill with 500-1000 elos you can go 5 revive/promote win a game and say it can work...why don't you go play some decent people with that setup and come back with another screenshot of your results.
You do realize that there's a hidden, normal ELO value worked in with the matchmaking system, right? These 5 people my team played against were, in Riot's estimation, of roughly the same skill level as we were.

gavnuts

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCodes View Post
1) Yeah, this is kinda gloating. I'll admit, this is more about our opponents being bad than it is about the team I was on being good (that said, winning this game means we really can't be terrible).

2) This is also meant as a message to people who harp on and on about the metagame (I understand this isn't the entirely appropriate term here, but you should know what I'm talking about), going so far as reporting people who don't follow it strictly. Taric (myself) and Karma picked Teleport and it was obvious that the two of us had a gameplan for it. Everyone else on our team then decided to pick it for trolling purposes.

So yeah, we were at least 1 combat summoner short in every lane (3 short in bot, since our ADC disconnected and our Jungler came to fill in with Teleport/Smite), and the only lane that had problems at all was mid.

TL;DR: Skill > Metagame. I will agree to (and always work under the assumption of) the metagame being sort of the "default" setup you have for your team, but if you want to do something non-standard then 1) make sure it's at all feasible and 2) tell your team before doing it. If someone else says they want to do something that's not typical meta strategy and yet it's not absolutely terrible (like ADC solo top vs. a Bruiser terrible), then don't ***** them out for it. You're just being an ass, and I will punish you if your name comes up in the Tribunal for it.

TL;DR;TL;DR: Picking a summoner you don't like isn't a bannable offense.
cuz normal games matter, amidointhisrite?

Nen Ragehard

08-19-2012

Quote:
Where did you get this "500-1000" elo misconception? I like when people randomly start making up numbers, thinking it strengthens their point, when in reality it makes them look foolish.

There is an elo in normals.. you just don't get to brag if it's high, or feel bad if it's low, because you can't see it.

Haivo128

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCodes View Post
You do realize that there's a hidden, normal ELO value worked in with the matchmaking system, right? These 5 people my team played against were, in Riot's estimation, of roughly the same skill level as we were.
Whats your guys ELO? 1000?