Pick order can't be win ratio

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leader Starlin

04-29-2013

I'm sorry to complain, but I just don't appreciate having bronze 5 people having first pick over me when I'm in silver 5. I somehow get put at the bottom while all the bronze pick their lanes before I do, so I often have to support a bad carry. It's not every time, but it gets annoying. Just a thought, sorry to bother y'all.

Worst Yasuo Bot

04-29-2013

Just cause you are silver 5 does not mean that you will be higher pick than them. And seeing that you are being placed with bronze 5s means that your mmr is **** and belong in a lower rank than you are.

Bjergers Prodigy

04-29-2013

It used to be based on Elo.
Now I believe it is based on LP in your division.
No reason though you should be with Bronze V

Leader Starlin

04-30-2013

I bet my MMR is low because I play support all the time. Not saying I don't like it, just I like to be able to play other lanes.

WhtePuma

04-30-2013

What's that, another person stuck in elo hell?

Leader Starlin

04-30-2013

I'm not in Elo hell by any means

noxToken

04-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhtePuma View Post
What's that, another person stuck in elo hell?
What's that, someone failing at reading comprehension?

PogoPogoPogoPogo

04-30-2013

I play support all the time and over the past month, I've raised my MMR enough to start occasionally seeing Gold and Platinum players in my matches. Like... I took a break from League of Legends through February and March. When I came back at the beginning of April, I went from having 10 more losses than wins to now having 15 more wins than losses... almost purely from playing support.

I fill, so I don't always play support (which is my preferred role), but honestly, a lot of times I play in a role other than support I end up losing.

Just because you're support doesn't mean your team can't win...

AlmightyShenron

04-30-2013

you can totally carry teams with support. im in the same boat as you, usually get picked with bronze 2 but silver 5 myself. although if you play good bot comps (sona/ez, leona/draven) you can totally carry your teams.

Vieryn

04-30-2013

This is just my opinion, but I'd like to say as respectfully as possible that I don't think the pick "order" is the best thing to determine team roles. Of course I completely understand the first person's desire to get their favored role.... but I always start out every match saying what roles I can play comfortably (well enough, though of course I'm trying to learn all) to see what everyone else will choose. I want my team to have the best construction possible because forcing someone into a role they can't play is just going to frustrate them and you when you realize they don't know what they're doing. Things just get toxic and really out of hand at that point.

Sorry, that was a bit of a rambling rant. Anyway, I completely understand your desire to play different and your favorite positions...Just maybe you could look at it from another perspective every now and then. Like if someone picks a position you wanted you may consider that that could be the only one they can play really well. Especially if you're a higher skill than the rest of your team, you can most likely play all the roles to a higher caliber than someone in a lower skill echelon.

I don't know if this helps, but i totally understand your frustrations. Good luck in the future!!!