expanded mind vs. good hands on jungler?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hopeful Angel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2012

soo i'm tweaking my 21-9 jungle masteries for alistar,maokai,nautalis,Nunu

and i've got the 21 defense right but i'm debeting on the good hands masteries vs. expanded mind

the death reduction of good hands is nice but i shouldn't be dying that much in the jungle

the expanded mind seems meh it doesn't really give that much mana and by late game i shouldn't have mana issues anyway

thoughts?

which would be better 3 in expanded mind or good hands for the listed junglers

Undertaker c2

08-19-2012

I think the extra, scaled mana is generally considered to be a better choice on anyone than 1 second off your respawn timer for every 25 seconds if waiting. If you plan on dying a lot, invest in Guardian Angel or play a different position.

Hopeful Angel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2TRC View Post
I think the extra, scaled mana is generally considered to be a better choice on anyone than 1 second off your respawn timer for every 25 seconds if waiting. If you plan on dying a lot, invest in Guardian Angel or play a different position.
see that's what i thought except the mana just seemed so low i doubted if it was even really worth it. but sense alot of those are AP based jungler/tanks/off tank i think i will leave it as is

still appreciate the comment anyone else have something to add to this?

Cenerae

08-19-2012

I'd say it depends on how often you find yourself running oom.

If you do run oom a lot, then expanded mind will buffer your mana pool a bit and help you with it. If you don't run oom, then you might as well pick up good hands, since even though the benefit is small, it's still better than a benefit you don't need.

XCodes

08-19-2012

Some Energy junglers like Expanded Mind, too. Shen, for example, is never one to turn down free Energy.